Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Final Nail in the Coffin

I was at the game today but not one of fans singing at the end.  I want to say this for those of you who were not there, do not let anyone try to convince you that the players were just nervous or lacking confidence today.  I saw none of that.  What I saw was inertia coupled with shocking lack of ability.  We got exactly what deserved today, nothing more, nothing less.I see from the Pinkun that someone has placed some flowers at CR with a note saying "RIP".  While I would agree with the sentiment, today was thejust  final nail in the coffin but the truth is the Norwich City I grew up supporting has been dead for years.............

[quote user="Saint Canary"]I was at the game today but not one of fans singing at the end.  I want to say this for those of you who were not there, do not let anyone try to convince you that the players were just nervous or lacking confidence today.  I saw none of that.  What I saw was inertia coupled with shocking lack of ability.  We got exactly what deserved today, nothing more, nothing less.

I see from the Pinkun that someone has placed some flowers at CR with a note saying "RIP".  While I would agree with the sentiment, today was thejust  final nail in the coffin but the truth is the Norwich City I grew up supporting has been dead for years.............
[/quote]

I think you have cursed us. You live in Southampton, you support Norwich..... let me guess, one of your parents is a Charlton fan? ;-)

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Saint Canary"]I was at the game today but not one of fans singing at the end.  I want to say this for those of you who were not there, do not let anyone try to convince you that the players were just nervous or lacking confidence today.  I saw none of that.  What I saw was inertia coupled with shocking lack of ability.  We got exactly what deserved today, nothing more, nothing less.I see from the Pinkun that someone has placed some flowers at CR with a note saying "RIP".  While I would agree with the sentiment, today was thejust  final nail in the coffin but the truth is the Norwich City I grew up supporting has been dead for years.............[/quote]

I think you have cursed us. You live in Southampton, you support Norwich..... let me guess, one of your parents is a Charlton fan? ;-)

[/quote]It''s funny but there was a time (when I first moved away from Norwich 7 years ago) that I was proud to be a City fan living "abroad" lol!  I would wear my City tie around the office in Southampton and London, drink from my Norwich mug and enjoy banter with fans of the local sides.This feeling of pride has gradually ebbed away since the day we started our PL campaign and my pride has seen a slow painful death.I have no Charlton fans in my family but some colleagues in my London office and to be honest, even though they finished bottom, I would have gladly been a Charlton fan today.  At least they went out of this league with a bang and they shew signs that they could be promoted next.  We however, limped meekly out of the league and I honestly think that mid-table league 1 is the best we can hope for next season.  We will not come straight back up IMO.