Sign in to follow this  
Time to go Delia

Gunn wants the job even more now

Sheriff Gunn rode into the dodgy City and said “I’m a gonna clean up this place, you all be safe now doya hear me?”

It only comes true in westerns.

Cant you see he is saying that because he cares and hurts?? He''s not the right man for the job agreed, but all of us want to fix this and if we were in a place where we had the chance we would try.  This is heartbreakingly painful but if i felt like it was my fault my god that would hurt so much and i''d want to do anything to make it better.  The board have to take the blame and (if they stay, which i hope not) appoint someone who can help us re-build, Gunny should have been left out of this to remain the legend that he is.

[quote user="Lambo"]This is in no way Gunny''s fault.[/quote]

Oh ffs, get a grip!! It is his fault! As well as the boards. He has contributed to this, why the hell can''t you see it???

[quote user="Lambo"]This is in no way Gunny''s fault.[/quote]Of course it isn''t, but he just is not a manager.  Can''t you see that?

Well that just sums up the board who said it was until the end of the season. Gunn isn''t up for it and he has shown it...go back to being a manager...the marketing one!!

If he has been told that he has it for next season even though the board has not had its meeting until wednesday really just shows that the board treat us with no respect.

Never ever said i want him to stay on, simply he deserves none of the abuse being thrown his way

[quote user="Lambo"]Never ever said i want him to stay on, simply he deserves none of the abuse being thrown his way[/quote]

Doesn''t deserve flak for putting his massive ego ahead of the best interests of the club then?

How?... he should never have been appointed while the club was in the situation it is, a manager in his 1st job should be in charge when your mid-table not religation.

He did the very best he could whilst learning his trade with no resources, nobody could have kept this lot up under our current board.

Of course he deserves it , he took us into the bottom 3 ,, he has lost 5 of the last 6 games , he has promised a fired up motivated team match after match and failed to deliver , one of Gitys worst ever managers if not the worst.

Like i say, nobody would have kept us up under the board, there simply hasn''t been the resources needed to do so.

Alright you anti-gunnys.  List 10 things that he has done wrong.  Convince me that somebody else would have kept us up.

You list us 10 things hes done right , got the job on the back of a schoolgirls prank and has died a death ever since , just hoped he gets his just desserts on Weds.

1) Signed Cody McDonald for peanuts

2) Brought Jason Shackell back

3) Dropped the underperforming team Captain Fotheringham out of the squad

4) Did the same with whingy Pattison

5) Dropped Cureton when he wasn''t performing

6) Has tried to get Norwich playing the old way i.e two wingers and attack minded (just happens that the players are shit)

7) Identified the lack of a target man and brought in Alan Lee

8) Identified that we need a goal scorer and brought in Mooney

9) Has been the first manager for ages to bring talented youngsters into the first team

10) Is and will always be Norwich City through and through.

He''s been let down by the shit players he''s inherited. 

[quote user="No Quarter"]Anyway, where''s your 10 things he''s done wrong.  Seems to have gone awfully quiet on this thread.[/quote]

It''s the one thing that he''s failed to do - keep us up - that counts.

NQ,

There''s probably not 10 things in total, but there''s no denying that between Gunny and his team of four, we have been found soundly wanting when it comes to tactical changes. I''m not convinced that we would see much different in League one.

At one stage I asked on this forum how much it would cost us to make (for example) the Northern Ireland team an offer to have Worthington back compared to the cost of relegation. You have to agree that we really needed an experienced manager at the helm with 10 games to go.

Dear oh dear you really think most of those things are positives , Pattison is better than what hes been playing , Shackell had a few good games but its been said for the last 3 years hes not good enough , Cody probably only worth peanuts hes a scaffolder, Will give you Fozzy but dropping him hasnt improved things, Cureton was recalled by Gunn , Hasnt got Norwich playing at all  , Lee is an over the hill Ipswich reject if they are not good enough for Town they ae not good enough for us ,Mooney hardly banging them in also brought in Killen , What talented youngsters ? Smith thats 1, Norwich are his living , Hes been let down by his players .Face it he is one of the worst managers we have ever had , he lost 5 out of 6 games , GUNN RELEGATED HIS TEAM AND SHOULD LEAVE THE JOB ASAP .

[quote user="No Quarter"]

1) Signed Cody McDonald for peanuts

2) Brought Jason Shackell back

3) Dropped the underperforming team Captain Fotheringham out of the squad

4) Did the same with whingy Pattison

5) Dropped Cureton when he wasn''t performing

6) Has tried to get Norwich playing the old way i.e two wingers and attack minded (just happens that the players are shit)

7) Identified the lack of a target man and brought in Alan Lee

8) Identified that we need a goal scorer and brought in Mooney

9) Has been the first manager for ages to bring talented youngsters into the first team

10) Is and will always be Norwich City through and through.

He''s been let down by the shit players he''s inherited. 

[/quote]

Very true with the exception on number 9. Please name them, Im intriuged. 

It is Gunns technical ability which lets him down. He doesnt have a footbal brain and he clearly doesnt have the balls to issue a good bollocking.....Hes way too nice to be a manager.