Sign in to follow this  
Jonncfc

Refund - opportunity to exert some leverage

On the way back after today''s shambles I heard some naiive woman on Canary Call saying that she was going to send back the season ticket refund (20%?, 10%?, whatever it is depending on when you renewed) because the club needed every penny it could get, but isn''t this time to think a bit more seriously about this issue?  Assuming most of us are not quite so simplistic in our views as that caller, there is an opportunity for the 18,000 of us to exert a bit of pressure on the board over the whole refund question.  The total sum of all the moneys owed in refunds must be somewhere around a million pounds which, to a club in such a disastrous situation, is a lot of cash.

My thoughts are along the following lines:

I am prepared to waive the 20% refund on my season ticket but only once the following commitments have been made:

1.  A credible manager is appointed immediately

2.  The disastrous experiment of relying on loan signings is abandoned forthwith

3. The employment of the current Chief Executive be terminated.

4. New board members are appointed who have some understanding of football and the running of a football club.

It''d be interesting to see what would happen if a sizeable number of people e-mailed Roger Munby with similar thoughts between now and wednesday''s Board meeting. 

I''ve posted on this before, suggesting roughly the same idea, since I''m in the lucky position of being able to be afford to waive the refund. I will on Tuesday email the chief executive to say that I will waive it IF a new manager is brought in. If any member of Team Gunn is in charge for next season then I''ll ask for my rebate.I doubt it will do any good, but it is leverage of a kind.