Sign in to follow this  
mat gore

Has anyone noticed...

...that we look a different team in the 2nd half of games.

Which incidentally coincides with when we switch Huckerby to left wing and play 2 up front.

Heres an idea.  Lets try it from the start !!!

Hit the nail on the head Gorleston Jim.

Not sure what illegal HTML is, but HTML is "hypertext mark up language" I think, which is basically what constitutes web pages I think, so something a bit dodgy going on in Gorleston.

Oops - apparently it''s an occasional error.

For some reason the system didn''t like whatever code was included in the quote.

When I put the message up, it didn''t show me any problems.

No idea why this happened, as it was all right in the original message. Don''t think it''s anything sinister . . .

Celia

[quote]Must have been some Suffolk gremlins in the system Jim![/quote]

Phew !

My name is cleared, will be able to walk the streets once more with clear concience !

I totally agree & have made this point before. We have had this Huckerby is not a striker thread before, but I totally agree that with two goal poachers up front & him on the left we look so much more dangerous.

ok, he may not track back as much as some, but just look at the results of all the 2nd halfs we have had.

But it didnt seem to make much difference at newcastle where Hux started on the left from the start...

OTBC

Zipper, that''s because we had doherty up front.  He is not a striker and I don''t know why he was played up there yet again.   With all the decent midfielders we have I would have been gutted to be Bentley, McVeigh, Safri (didn''t start), Helveg (didn''t start), to see the Doc start up front when anyone of those could have done a job in midfield allowing Hux or Jonson to play up front with Svensson.

BTW who was up front in the first half.  I got my usual text message and it looked like Svensson was in midfield?

With Leon and Svensson/Jonson up front, Hux on the left is the way to go.  Leon is a terrier in the box and gets about.  He just needs to start finishing and his confidence will continue to go up and he will start scoring for fun.  1 Goal in 2.5 games isn''t bad anyway.

Surely if Hux best position is left midfield he should play there irrespctive of who is in the middle? I too was disappointed with Doc starting - we should have tried Jonson with Sven IMO - but Doc being up front should have precious little to do with us starting slowly yet again.

The fact we picked up in the second half shows that Doc is not a factor, and neither is Hux on the wing. Was the fact Hux was in midfield a contributor to the realistic assessment that we could have been 6-1 down by half time, or is that down to doc too?

Doc is not a striker - it seems we all know that other than Worthy. Last night did show how thin we are up front (not a referenec to docs hairline!) when 1 striker gets injured though and apart from henderson there were few other options last night.

Any views on how Shackell played?

OTBC

fair enough.  Having missed the first half because I was playing footy myself and because your previous post wasn''t that clear - I thought you meant Hux on the left hadn''t contibuted to more goals, hence my point that Doc was the player he was feeding - I didn''t realise we had another slow start.  I just thought we had been unlucky with a sloppy first goal and a penalty.