Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

MATCH THREAD - Charlton v Norwich

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Binky"]Lappin at fault for the 4th - but he should never be playing at full back....[/quote]No he should never be playing......[/quote]Cheap Hardhouse. Lee scored from his corner. Would you rather Carney?Southampton winning - so we would finish below them...[/quote]No I''d rather have a player capable of playing 40+ Championship games at the required level. Lappin is utter fodder.

[quote user="Thai Canary"]
Life goes on.  League 1 will help us rebuild the new squad without relying on loanees.

It''s all the board fault.  Do not blame Gunny.  His record is not that bad

Played 17 (before this match) Win 5 Drew 4 Lost 8 Goal scored 22 Conceded 22 
[/quote]

...what about our recent form?  When the chips were down we have gained 3pts out of 18 - 1 win and 5 defeats out of our final 6 games.  I don''t blame Gunn for the mess we''re in, but he has not shown to us that he can remotely be considered the person to take us forward.....and today''s spineless performane backs that up perfectly.

[quote user="San Miguel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

4-2.. no one gives a sh*t.

jas :)

[/quote]

what not even Alan Lee?

[/quote]

who knows.. whats the point of trying now anyway.. it will all count for nothing.

jas :)

Gunns lost 5 of the last 6 in a relegation battle , should never have been let anywhere near the managers job and has proved what most people knew from day one that he was way way out of his depth. Sooner hes gone the better .

Oh no... Bryan Gunn chant still being sung.

Gunn can walk today and keep dignity and place at club....if he stays on it WILL turn sour...as he IS out of depth by a long way. Poor run of form given all that was at stake

Goes to show what happens when you''re a nice little club with such a nice man as Gunny in charge

someone forgot to tell the board this is a f***ing sport, not afternoon tea with your Gran!

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]Gunn can walk today and keep dignity and place at club....if he stays on it WILL turn sour...as he IS out of depth by a long way. Poor run of form given all that was at stake[/quote]

Agreed. He must go today and we must appoint a proper manager.

not that it matters but Cardiff are also doing a choke act and as it stands, Preston will make the final playoff place instead of them. don''t like Cardiff but far from important!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Gunny will always be a legend in my eyes, this relegation is down to 2/3 years of mismanagement not 2/3 months[/quote]

Agreed

Yep! I want to hear those Norwich fans! get the board out or sack the manager now something please! don''t be quiet cause then the manager and board will think they have got away with it! Be hard for once!

[quote user="Lambo"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Gunny will always be a legend in my eyes, this relegation is down to 2/3 years of mismanagement not 2/3 months[/quote]

Agreed

[/quote]

I don''t think there''s too many that won''t agree with that.  But nor has Gunn shown that he is the man for the job.  When the chips have been down he has overseen 5 defeats out of 6 in our run-in, seemingly unable to win tactically or motivate the players enough for important games.  To my mind it all suggests he is sadly not a manager, but was perhaps worth giving a go.

[quote user="San Miguel"]

just heard - sack the board - being sung

feel v sorry for all canary fans at the ground today

[/quote]

Was it loud and clear or did it sound like a minority?

[quote user="A change gonna come..."]Dignity - another thing the club has lost in bucketloads over the last few years, on and off the pitch!
[/quote]

That''s just not true.  Dignity is something that the club and its supporters have plenty of, whether you like it or not.  And is one of the better traits that we have.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="San Miguel"]

just heard - sack the board - being sung

feel v sorry for all canary fans at the ground today

[/quote]

Was it loud and clear or did it sound like a minority?

[/quote]

Loud and clear chants to sack the board. But who can sack them? I would prefer ''you''re not fit to run our club''.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I just woke up (heavy student night last night).What''s the Norwich score, are Barnsley winning?![/quote]It would appear you have woken up in the 1950s.  Norwich City are now a Division 3 club.