Sign in to follow this  
ColUnited

Welcome to league one

From a Colchester fan.

Honestly, League 1 isn''t that bad especially next season. You have some good teams, and also Charlton and Southampton - so you can pretend you''re still in the 2nd tier ;)

Nice to see Jamie Cureton effectively dealt the killer blows though, giving Barnsley 3/4 points with his goals. Prick.

Remember singing, ''We''ll never play you again..?'' :P

Honestly, enjoy next season and consolidate. Don''t expect to go up straight away because League 1 is surprisingly difficult.

Haha. Well we have Wycombe and Southend and Brentford and possibly Gillingham so we''re nicely packed out! You and Charlton are the icing on the cake!

I dunno. Wait and see. League 2 might beckon yet.....

On the plus side, your travelling fans will get the lion''s share of Colchester''s new stadium, ''cos a lot of their fans don''t bother...

[quote user="BudgiePluckerITFC"]

On the plus side, your travelling fans will get the lion''s share of Colchester''s new stadium, ''cos a lot of their fans don''t bother...

[/quote]

At least those who do turn up, sing. I''d rather have 6,000 bodies and 4,000 voices than 30,000 bodies and 2,000 voices - 1000 of them from away fans.

[quote user="ColUnited"][quote user="BudgiePluckerITFC"]

[/quote] At least those who do turn up, sing. I''d rather have 6,000 bodies and 4,000 voices than 30,000 bodies and 2,000 voices - 1000 of them from away fans.[/quote]

Looking forward to a trip to your new stadium - got to be better than Portaloo Road!

Nope. I think not.

The only new build stadium where the council belatedly builds a link road off the A12 for access nearly 12 months after the football team move in.

Still, you Norfolk lot will feel at home...they''re putting a gipsy camp nearby [Y]