Sign in to follow this  
Jersey canary

Manchester City game

Please can we attack in this game and try and put them under pressure, I watched their game last night and they seemed quite poor, to me it is obvious that their weakest point is their defence.....

Hopefully Anelka will still be injured and we can keep Wright-Phillips quiet.....

Undoubtedly this is the biggest game of the season, win this and we will have 9 points and Man City will have 11....

Please please please can we show some composure (definitely in front of goal) hopefully by now the players realise that they can hold their own in this league, we need to starting putting points on the board whilst teams have injuries and are struggling for form (ie every team within 5 points).

We are playing well but seem to lack conviction and belief, a win is all we need..

Come on you yellows!

Yeah, if we just keep attacking they will hopefully back off and go all defensive but there is just a risk that they will score from counterattacks. If we can get a goal early for once that may get the game going for us

and defending counter attacks is hardly one of strengths.To be fair to Citeh it was hardly their 1st team (nor arsenals) so I dont think we can read too much into the result or performance.OTBC

We have the quality if only we can start playing for 2 halves, instead of battling back every time!!

I think Monday night is the night we get that elusive first win - and we have to!!  With reports of Hughes getting money at Blackburn to strengthen in January and a new manager on the way to the Baggies, teams are going to start pulling away from us if we don''t start getting them points.

Keep the faith!!

It is so so important that we don''t concede early goals.  It happened against Everton and they immidiately got into their stride.  Ditto against Newcastle and the kicked us off the park in the first half. 

We know we can start well.  We saw it so many times last year.  Come on lads, you can do it  

I am not a finger pointer, but I am starting to get a little frustrated by our poor starts.We did start badly too many times last year, and this year has just been a joke. We only seem to have the ability to "battle" not to "control".It''s a confidence thing, and Worthington needs to get it sorted - I think this is much more damaging to our hopes of staying up than (not) spending £Xm on a striker.

I agree Bananaman, if we played 90 minutes like we do 45, then all this talk about strikers wouldn''t have come about and everyone would be happy right now. 

Coaching staff, Nigel, Captains, whoever, just get them ready for a first half and we will be fine.

A lot of the time it is easier for us to play better in the second half because:

(a) We have not conceded in the first half and have gained confidence from it.

(b) We are losing anyway, so we might as well go for it.

We are far to nervous and respective of the opposition early doors, as NW has said before, he believes the players are good enough.  They just need to believe it and a win, by hook or by crook would help.

You''re right Saint, but it''s down to Worthy to recognise this, and then recognise what he can do about it.

I think Worthy has the ability to be a great coach, but this is becoming a noose round the neck and needs sorting.

Don''t take Citeh lightly though - can i remind people that Chelsea went to Eastlands and lost! Although quite how i''m still struggling with!