Sign in to follow this  
Jamie D

It could be for the best?

I mean ever since we got relegated from the Premiership we have been sliding down the table and we have never threatened the playoffs. Each season we have finished lower or had a relegation scare, it was just a matter of time until this happened.

Maybe us getting relegated will allow us to build up a better team with a better manager and a better board. We should hopefully remember how to win again.

I''ve said this for a while now, as much as I would have and are currently hating the fact we are relegated, it is for the best... reduce the extreme wage bill, get rid of the driftwood, bring in the youth and talent, change the board and management setup, remember how to win games... then relaunch a premiership promotion campaign.

Yes instead of fighting for our lives to stay in the Championship, we have the refreshing change of fighting for our lives to get into the Championship so we can get there and fight for our lives to stay in the Championship.

It''s only for the best if your board recognise their faults and adapt in the future.We at Forest had been sliding for years, paying ridiculous wages to lazy players looking for their last pay cheque. Three years in League One felt like a long time, but we cleared the deadwood, appointed a manager who was naive enough to put his trust into youth and got us promoted by virtue of everyone else being shit. In saying that, we now are in an excellent position to build.Norwich will be back and you''ll be back stronger with a team you can be proud of. It might take Delia to resign for you to fulfill your potential however and I''m genuinely sorry to see such a club held back by upper management.

it will be interesting to see how it develops over the summer! we must get a manager in who actually knows what he is doing.....and yes i think it may be for the best, the board havent see it for years, now it has hit them straight in the face!

I don''t know how anyone can think relegation is for the best.There were people say the same thing when we got relegated from the Premiership in 1995, but nearly 15 years later we''ve been back there for all of one season. Who knows how bloody long we could be in Division 3 for.