Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Gunn V Roeder (The Clueless V The Useless)

Roeder   Played 27   Won 7, Drew 5, Lost 15, Points 26, F 32, A 43

Gunn      Played 19   Won 5, Drew 5, Lost 9,    Points 20, F 25, A 27

Ponts Per Game - Roeder 0.96   Gunn   1.05

The Facts are there for all to see, Gunn hasnt improved Norwich. Hehas shown nothing, his tactics are naive, his approach baffling and he is certainly not the man to take us back to the championship. We need an experienced manager, a winner, Not Bryan Gunn.

Its 3 years too late, but the board finally need to show some ambition to get us out of this hole; if Gunn Stays my Season Ticket will be returning. Considering i play football myself on Saturdays and can only attend half the home games; i am now questioning why on earth i renewed.

No Players, No Hope,No Clue

It isn''t Gunns Fault, he shouldnt have been given the job; but what worries me is he cant see its time to move on.

Post thye Barnsley game, Gunn as a full time manager has picked up 17 points from 18 games. 0.94. And that is worse than roeder. Even at Gunns 1.05 a game; a total of 48 points wouldnt have kept us up.

Delia, Doomcaster, Mumbles; its time to face facts....he may have no hair, but he also has no clue

GUNN MUST GO

Roeder was a c**t but i dont think we would have gone down with him in charge, we would probably have scraped through. Im glad he''s gone, but he had more than Gunn.

[quote user="city till i die"]i hate roeder with a passion,but i think he would off kept us up, even tho its killing me to admit[/quote]

Why does it kill you to admit the blatantly obvious?

Roeder is a football manager, despite some of his obvious failings he is very well respected in the game and as such has good contacts.

Gunn once babysat for Fergie''s kids, for which Ferguson was most grateful....in 1982.

because he was a c*u*n*t

arrogant man, fought he was bigger than the club,

got rid of are best player in how many f u c k i n g years the list keeps going

The fans were far too sensitive to Roeder in my opinion. The football we played under Roeder was far better than the hoofball favoured by Gunn.

His loan signings were also better than Gunn''s. Kennedy, Lita, Omosuzi and Grounds were far better than alot of Gunns loans. Roeders permanent signings were excellent compared to Grants or Worthys later signings.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="city till i die"]i hate roeder with a passion,but i think he would off kept us up, even tho its killing me to admit[/quote]

Roeder is a football manager, despite some of his obvious failings he is very well respected in the game and as such has good contacts.

Gunn once babysat for Fergie''s kids, for which Ferguson was most grateful....in 1982.

[/quote]I think some people have a warped view of things under Roeder, lets not forget that we were heading for relegation with him here.  We may not have been in the relegation zone but it was only a matter of time before he took us there with the run of poor form we were in.  He had lost most of the dressing room, the respect of the fans and was just as clueless as Gunn towards the end.  He was constantly changing the team, falling out with players he took the club and never ever took any responsibilty for the awful team he had created which is funny because he always more than happy to take the credit during the unbeaten run last year.  Lets face it, in 12 months here he had two good months at best.  He even nearly managed to undo all his good early work when he decided to disrupt a team on a great run of form by adding some poor loan players into a team that didn''t need changing.   He may be well "respected in the game" but he is not very well respected in Newcastle, Watford, West Ham or Gillingham.  I don''t care if Arsene Wenger respects him, if his own players don''t then that''s a pretty big problem in my eyes.

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]The fans were far too sensitive to Roeder in my opinion. The football we played under Roeder was far better than the hoofball favoured by Gunn.

His loan signings were also better than Gunn''s. Kennedy, Lita, Omosuzi and Grounds were far better than alot of Gunns loans. Roeders permanent signings were excellent compared to Grants or Worthys later signings.[/quote]Despite this "quality" Roeder added, we will still in a p*ss poor run of form and at the wrong end of the table.  Of course he got some loan signings right but for good signings like Kennedy, Lita, Omosuzi and Grounds there was Koroma, Henville, Sibierski (who no doubt was on huge wages) and the bizarre situation with Lupoli not be physical enough.  Clearly he shrunk on the plane from Italy!

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]I think some people have a warped view of things under Roeder, lets not forget that we were heading for relegation with him here.  We may not have been in the relegation zone but it was only a matter of time before he took us there with the run of poor form we were in.  He had lost most of the dressing room, the respect of the fans and was just as clueless as Gunn towards the end.  He was constantly changing the team, falling out with players he took the club and never ever took any responsibilty for the awful team he had created which is funny because he always more than happy to take the credit during the unbeaten run last year.  Lets face it, in 12 months here he had two good months at best.  He even nearly managed to undo all his good early work when he decided to disrupt a team on a great run of form by adding some poor loan players into a team that didn''t need changing.   He may be well "respected in the game" but he is not very well respected in Newcastle, Watford, West Ham or Gillingham.  I don''t care if Arsene Wenger respects him, if his own players don''t then that''s a pretty big problem in my eyes.[/quote]Absolutely right. The only thing that staved off relegation until the final game was Gunn dropping Fotheringham and bringing in Mooney and Gow - under Roeder we''d have just carried on as we were and relegation would have been guaranteed much sooner.Gunn just cocked the whole thing up by breaking up the Mooney and Gow strike partnership.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]Roeder was a c**t but i dont think we would have gone down with him in charge, we would probably have scraped through. Im glad he''s gone, but he had more than Gunn.[/quote]

No, Roeder was a **** and we were as good as relegated. Gunny is a completely inexperienced manager who tried and failed to keep us up and of course the boards fall guy to ensure season tickets were sold.

I take your point but at least he recognised the need for a new defence. He didn''t rate Doherty, Shackell and Otsemobor. He tried his best to replace these with Kennedy, Stefanovic and Omosuzi. Unfortunately the injury to Stefanovic meant that he had to play these players again.

Thats my issue with Gunn he had misguided loyalty towards players like Otsemobor, Russell and Doherty. Players that Roeder didn''t rate.

I think in the end Roeder was proven right on a lot of these players.

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]I take your point but at least he recognised the need for a new defence. He didn''t rate Doherty, Shackell and Otsemobor. He tried his best to replace these with Kennedy, Stefanovic and Omosuzi. Unfortunately the injury to Stefanovic meant that he had to play these players again. Thats my issue with Gunn he had misguided loyalty towards players like Otsemobor, Russell and Doherty. Players that Roeder didn''t rate. I think in the end Roeder was proven right on a lot of these players.[/quote]

U say this; but our defensive record under roeder was better than rodents!

When Kennedy, omozusi, stefanovic had all for one reason or another departed the scene!