Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

Come on then you "Gunny out-ers"

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Keep Gunny in, the guy bleeds yellow and green that''s all that matters.[/quote]Keep off the drink.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Keep Gunny in, the guy bleeds yellow and green that''s all that matters.[/quote] Yeah sod the results, who cares if we go down again next season .

I feel so sorry for gunny, absolute legend. He bleeds yellow and green. Should he have been given the job? Probably not, abit unfair to judge him on a sinking ship though. I didn''t cry today until he shouldered all the blame for relegation, true gent and city legend, he has managed with dignity and respect. We''re not an attractive club for another manager to take over the reigns, so i think he may be given it next year. If passion and love was enough Gunny would see us fine, my fingers are crossed for him

I''ve added this to another thread, but I though I''d start a new one up.  Everyone seems to be banging on about waning Gunn to get the boot, but I''d just like those people to list 10 things he''s actually done wrong.  I''ve pre-empted the predictable retort to this by listing 10 things he''s done right:-

1) Signed Cody McDonald for peanuts Who has scored once

2) Brought Jason Shackell back Probably the only plus, however he did fail to show today like the rest.

3) Dropped the underperforming team Captain Fotheringham out of the squad A mutual decision

4) Did the same with whingy Pattison A player we really needed with the fight he shows

5) Dropped Cureton when he wasn''t performing After bringing him back from Barnsley

6) Has tried to get Norwich playing the old way i.e two wingers and attack minded (just happens that the players are *) To no effect

7) Identified the lack of a target man and brought in Alan Lee We all identified the lack of height, I don''t think that was Gunns revelation

8) Identified that we need a goal scorer and brought in Mooney Who can''t score

9) Has been the first manager for ages to bring talented youngsters into the first team Roeder also brought youngsters into the squad

10) Is and will always be Norwich City through and through. And?

He''s been let down by the * players he''s inherited.  He''s been let down by all the players. Don''t lie.

Gunn has been left with an impossible task but he lacks the credentials at this stage to manage at this level

Just ask yourself who breaks up the central defence partnership and plays a midfielder on the right wing for his first start of the season, in the most crucial game of the season.  The man is a joke and needs to resign now before he achieves another record and takes us further down.  The manager is supposed to pick a team that will fight for the pride of playing for Norwich City, and I didn''t see that team on the pitch today.  I sat with a Charlton colleague today who commented that we didn''t even compete, and let Charlton play a training ground match.

[quote user="No Quarter"]

1) Signed Cody McDonald for peanuts - A prospect - but should never have been picked for the reading game... 

2) Brought Jason Shackell back - Agreed

3) Dropped the underperforming team Captain Fotheringham out of the squad - Never say never,  could have dropped another 12 one that basis alone

4) Did the same with whingy Pattison - See 3

5) Dropped Cureton when he wasn''t performing - Brought him pack when he was performing then watched and allowed him to slip back into his old ways

6) Has tried to get Norwich playing the old way i.e two wingers and attack minded (just happens that the players are *) - Stumbled on a winning formula with Gow and Mooney and then promptly abandonded it despite winning both games they started as "we need a target man" 6 points from 6 showed we did not if it detracted from teh overall game - which it did. 

7) Identified the lack of a target man and brought in Alan Lee -  Why didnt he do this months earlier while head of player recruitment under roeder? If he knew that why not sign one in Jan?  Also see point 7.

8) Identified that we need a goal scorer and brought in Mooney - Sign enough strikers one will score - to be fair Mooney does seem a natural but he came after Killen ffs

9) Has been the first manager for ages to bring talented youngsters into the first team - Who? So far none have made any greater impact than Jarvis, henderson etc etc.

10) Is and will always be Norwich City through and through. - Agreed

He''s been let down by the * players he''s inherited. 

[/quote]

I agree he has been let down by his players who showed no bottled at all. 

But he has also been let down by his own inadequacies.

He has picked poor teams for key games (eg the last two games)   and been unable to motivate them for key matches (although they can motivate themselves when they want).  His tactical changes have been slow and naive showing a lack of planning or ability.

He has limited his already extremely limited options by ostracising some of his own playing staff.   His signing of players has been as hit and miss as roeders - for which he takes a huge share of the blame  bearing in mind his previous role.

We finished the season in our lowest league position of the year;  ie he worsened the position he inherited.

Gunn is a city legend in a time when the word is belittled.  But like Mark Lawrenceson or Bobby Charlton he shows that being an ex city player and legend is not enough to show you are good enough to manage.  He said he was,  He chose to be manager, He like any other manager pays for the mistakes he has made.

City need a fresh impetus,  which they have to get from a new manager who can build with his own players

The man has to take blame for tactical sides of the performances, where as his plan B''s and C''s? Recently we''ve been lumping it to Lee who wins the ball, but we don''t score from the move, so as a result we keep on doing it because Lee wins the ball... surely the whole point of the direct football approach is you try it and if you score from the move keep on doing it... not if your target man wins the header it''s a flying success...

Gunn did great thing with bringing in players and bringing in youth, but tactically he is inept. If we keep him then sadly I can''t see us getting back to the Championship any seasons soon...

I''ve added this to another thread, but I though I''d start a new one up.  Everyone seems to be banging on about waning Gunn to get the boot, but I''d just like those people to list 10 things he''s actually done wrong.  I''ve pre-empted the predictable retort to this by listing 10 things he''s done right:-

1) Signed Cody McDonald for peanuts

2) Brought Jason Shackell back

3) Dropped the underperforming team Captain Fotheringham out of the squad

4) Did the same with whingy Pattison

5) Dropped Cureton when he wasn''t performing

6) Has tried to get Norwich playing the old way i.e two wingers and attack minded (just happens that the players are *)

7) Identified the lack of a target man and brought in Alan Lee

8) Identified that we need a goal scorer and brought in Mooney

9) Has been the first manager for ages to bring talented youngsters into the first team

10) Is and will always be Norwich City through and through.

[/quote]

1. He got us relegated with just under half a season to avoid it. You can forget about your other 9 reasons.

6) Has tried to get Norwich playing the old way i.e two wingers and attack minded (just happens that the players are *)

9) Has been the first manager for ages to bring talented youngsters into the first team

[/quote]i do not doubt any of the above 10 points....but a manager he is not

Gunn had enough games to keep us in the league, therefore he is just as responsible as anyone else. He was head of player recruitment. Don''t let his tenure as a player cloud your judgement he is not a manager never has never will be. The sooner all Norwich fans realise this the better.

We must appoint somebody with management experience, knowledge of the lower leagues, an ability to work on a small budget and someone who is able to develop young players. Eg Robins, Gannon or Tilson

[/quote]

I''ll give you one -took us from 5th from bottom when he took over to being relegated by 5 points 20 games later.

I love Gunny and am gutted it didn''t work out but I appreciate his efforts to get this rag bag of unprofessionals to play. But then his backroom staff are equally culpable, they were supposed to help him and make up for his shortcomings. If Gunny goes then they should all go. We would be wasting time if we appointed Butterworth or Crook, just more of the same. We may as well bring Peter Grant back. In an ideal world we should get Aidy Boothroyd and Malky - that would give me a positive feeling for next year despite our poverty. Howerer that very poverty means we are never going to get anyone decent in - so Gunny and the boys will probably stay!

Forest appointed a proven manager in Billy Davies just before we appointed Team Gunn.

Ok, I can''t stand Davies but he instilled a winning mentality in a team heading for the drop.

That''s the difference between staying up and getting relegated - an experienced manager.

Gunny''s a lovely bloke but he needs to do the decent thing, admit he''s not up to it and step down with some dignity.

[/quote]urmmmmmmmmmm i am a fan i could identify them, the facts are 20 games 5 wins, even if we did keep him do you think the board will invest in him and back him???  i still have concerns he has footballers around him and knowing we needed to win 2 games, he didnt change formation,and only looked to change things when we had 20 or so minutes left.......... I like Gunn but as a manager he gives me doubts, i wont be chanting Gunn out, but i do want the board to go!