Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

Come on then you "Gunny out-ers"

I''ve added this to another thread, but I though I''d start a new one up.  Everyone seems to be banging on about waning Gunn to get the boot, but I''d just like those people to list 10 things he''s actually done wrong.  I''ve pre-empted the predictable retort to this by listing 10 things he''s done right:-

1) Signed Cody McDonald for peanuts

2) Brought Jason Shackell back

3) Dropped the underperforming team Captain Fotheringham out of the squad

4) Did the same with whingy Pattison

5) Dropped Cureton when he wasn''t performing

6) Has tried to get Norwich playing the old way i.e two wingers and attack minded (just happens that the players are *)

7) Identified the lack of a target man and brought in Alan Lee

8) Identified that we need a goal scorer and brought in Mooney

9) Has been the first manager for ages to bring talented youngsters into the first team

10) Is and will always be Norwich City through and through.

He''s been let down by the * players he''s inherited. 

Sorry fella but he''s no manager,he was given the job of keeping us up and has failed,we need a new board and a MANAGER not a bloody guy who just because he loves the club was hired as manager!!!! Pathetic board who deserve everything they are about to get!!!!!

I take those points but a good manager would use tactics too.  Think he should go back to player recruitment

[quote user="No Quarter"]

I''ve added this to another thread, but I though I''d start a new one up.  Everyone seems to be banging on about waning Gunn to get the boot, but I''d just like those people to list 10 things he''s actually done wrong.  I''ve pre-empted the predictable retort to this by listing 10 things he''s done right:-

1) Signed Cody McDonald for peanuts

2) Brought Jason Shackell back

3) Dropped the underperforming team Captain Fotheringham out of the squad

4) Did the same with whingy Pattison

5) Dropped Cureton when he wasn''t performing

6) Has tried to get Norwich playing the old way i.e two wingers and attack minded (just happens that the players are *)

7) Identified the lack of a target man and brought in Alan Lee

8) Identified that we need a goal scorer and brought in Mooney

9) Has been the first manager for ages to bring talented youngsters into the first team

10) Is and will always be Norwich City through and through.

He''s been let down by the * players he''s inherited. 

[/quote]Well clearly (10) doesn''t count as it''s not something he''s done since he became manager.Anyway...1) Breaking up the Mooney/Gow combination up front2) Playing Shackell at left back which cost us the game today3) failure to motivate and organise the team against Reading when we lost 2-04) failure to motivate and organise the team against Charlton when we lost 4-25) failure to motivate and organise the team against Sheffield Wednesday when we lost 1-06) failure to motivate and organise the team against Bristol City when we lost 2-17) failure to motivate and organise the team 2nd half against Southampton where we threw away a 2-0 lead against a shit side8) failure to motivate and organise the team against Ipswich when we lost 3-19) failure to motivate and organise the team against Swansea City when we lost 3-110) failure to motivate and organise the team against Coventry City when we lost 2-1

i dont blame Gunny 1 bit.. even jose Mourinho would of taken this shower down.. we were never good enough and the problems are higher than the manager

jas :)

And who was previously "head of Player Recruitment"?  You don''t think he had anything to do with the shower of shizzle on that pitch?

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Sorry fella but he''s no manager,he was given the job of keeping us up and has failed,we need a new board and a MANAGER not a bloody guy who just because he loves the club was hired as manager!!!! Pathetic board who deserve everything they are about to get!!!!![/quote]

HE and his nightmare team were charged with keeping us up, he failed!

Get the fat fool out now!

Surely the players can motivate themselves..........they are just pi$$ poor

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Sorry fella but he''s no manager,he was given the job of keeping us up and has failed,we need a new board and a MANAGER not a bloody guy who just because he loves the club was hired as manager!!!! Pathetic board who deserve everything they are about to get!!!!![/quote]

[/quote]

Prick

Norwich 0 - 2 Reading

Charlton 4 - 2 Norwich (Worst team in the Championship)

Need I say more?!

OK, you really think an inexperienced manager will get us promoted next year?!

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]Surely the players can motivate themselves..........they are just pi$$ poor[/quote]

True but Gunn is not a manager,it''s as simple as that he is not a bloody manager!!!!!

[quote user="AA"]

Norwich 0 - 2 Reading

Charlton 4 - 2 Norwich (Worst team in the Championship)

Need I say more?!

OK, you really think an inexperienced manager will get us promoted next year?!

[/quote]

Quite frankly, none of us know. He may have learned from the experience and gained some experience !

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i dont blame Gunny 1 bit.. even jose Mourinho would of taken this shower down.. we were never good enough and the problems are higher than the manager

jas :)

[/quote]I agree Jas, I said that to my Dad yesterday.Gunn''s hands were tied from the start.  The team was heading for relegation before he took over, we were on a poor run, had little to no quality in the squad and the squad was too small.  He was appointed with about 10 days to address the lack of quality and quantity in the squad until the window closed.  If having no time to sort things out wasn''t enough of a problem, his job was made even harder by the fact that he had about £2.50 as his transfer budget.To be honest, the damage was done by the summers transfer policy (if you could call it one) and by January not even Guus Hiddink, Arsene Wenger, Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho combined could have saved us because the players are simply not good enough.

He did get us relegated, yeah.

BUT....

He''s still a legend. Tried his best with Roeders  miss fits. Now just got to look forward. a step back to take 2 forward

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

LOL. Hes turned into a right porker since he took the job and I dont know what the #### has happened to his skin but he doesnt look too good.. Too much good eating imo. He needs to get down to Colney gym.

1) Taking a team outdide the relgation zone and dropping them into it

2) Proving beyond doubt that he cannot motivate or gain players respect

3) Losing 5 out of 6 in relgation dog fight

4) Bringing Jason Shackell back....to blame for BOTH Reading goals

5) Farting about with selection so that an established team is never formed

6) Never making tactical subsitutions of note

7) Starting today on the attack rather than setting a stall and building from back

8) Bringing the try hard but ultimately leightweight and ineffective Lappin back....how many do we win with him in

9) Signing Lee....which broke up the formation that was working and resorted us to hoof ball

10) Stating he wants to keep the job when it is clear he is utterly out of his depth

I''m afraid if he can''t inspire a team to better than a 4-2 thrashing against an already relegated side he isn''t the man we need.

Time to move on to fresh pastures throughout the club.

His recruitment has in general been impressive but having a bunch of players with obvious talents is not enough if you cannot motivate and organise them and that where he has failed. I think my feelings are best summed up by a quote a Shef Wednesday fan said to Terry Yorath when they wanted him out... ''You''re a lovely man but please leave''He is no manager but also it would be a huge shame if we all resorted to personal insults. The man has done his best for Norwich City in whatever post he has held and at this point is just out of his depth. No need to start defaming his character or coming up with offensive nicknames as I am sure some will do.

Playing Shackell at left back and splitting up the defence partnership that has played so well lately.Starting Smith in the biggest game in our history.Playing Lappin on the left wingSigning Chris Killen, Alan Gow and David CarneyThose are all the reasons why Bryan Gunn should do the decent thing and piss right off.    Take Crooky and Butters with him cos in 4 months I have seen absolutely not improvement.   Roeder was sacked after we lost 1-0 to Charlton, today we lost 4-2 to the worst team in the league.   We have not improved and nor has BG as manager.

[quote user="Duffman"]Playing Shackell at left back and splitting up the defence partnership that has played so well lately.

Starting Smith in the biggest game in our history.

Playing Lappin on the left wing

Signing Chris Killen, Alan Gow and David Carney

Those are all the reasons why Bryan Gunn should do the decent thing and piss right off.    Take Crooky and Butters with him cos in 4 months I have seen absolutely not improvement.   Roeder was sacked after we lost 1-0 to Charlton, today we lost 4-2 to the worst team in the league.   We have not improved and nor has BG as manager.
[/quote]

Drury and Betrand were both injured - who would you have played at left back??

Lappin on the left wing - whats wrong with that?  Hoolahan is injured.

I agree about Killen and Carney, but Gow has looked pretty good. 

Roeder had lost the fans, the dressing room, sent Cureton on loan to Barnsley and got rid of Hucks.  You cant put him and Gunn in the same sentence.

1. Signed Killen.

2. Signed Carney.

3. Pushed Pattison out

4. Brought back Lappin who has always been out of his depth.

5. Sucks up to the board.

6. Couldn''t make a decent substitution to save any game.

7. Persisted with Cureton when it was obvious he is finished.

8. Got us relegated.

9. Got us relegated.

10. Got us relegated.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

I''m afraid if he can''t inspire a team to better than a 4-2 thrashing against an already relegated side he isn''t the man we need.

Time to move on to fresh pastures throughout the club.

[/quote]

What motivation should a professional footballer need?  Its their job.  Especially for a game as crucial as todays.  If I fuck up at work, my boss doesnt get blamed fot not motivating me enough!!  No, we have a side full of tossers who have no pride in playing for NCFC, and it''s them who should sod off.

[quote user="No Quarter"]

[quote user="Duffman"]Playing Shackell at left back and splitting up the defence partnership that has played so well lately.Starting Smith in the biggest game in our history.Playing Lappin on the left wingSigning Chris Killen, Alan Gow and David CarneyThose are all the reasons why Bryan Gunn should do the decent thing and piss right off.    Take Crooky and Butters with him cos in 4 months I have seen absolutely not improvement.   Roeder was sacked after we lost 1-0 to Charlton, today we lost 4-2 to the worst team in the league.   We have not improved and nor has BG as manager.[/quote]

Drury and Betrand were both injured - who would you have played at left back??

Lappin on the left wing - whats wrong with that?  Hoolahan is injured.

I agree about Killen and Carney, but Gow has looked pretty good. 

Roeder had lost the fans, the dressing room, sent Cureton on loan to Barnsley and got rid of Hucks.  You cant put him and Gunn in the same sentence.

[/quote]Lappin would have been my choice for left back seeing as he has played there before.   Lappin on the left wing offers nothing really, no pace, no skill and no attacking threat.    Roeder lost the fans yes, but today and for a while so has Gunn.    As stated before, we sacked GR after he lost to Charlton and today we lost to them again so yes I can put GR and BG in the same sentance.   Bryan Gunn and Glenn Roeder are s**t managers, see!

Well I think Gunn will be a good manager for Norwich City, he is actually one of the few positive things at the club at the moment

I''m sorry anyone who is a Gunn lover but we have to fact up to facts.  In the 2 most important matches in our recent history we have been shite and that falls on Gunn.

I hate Roedent with a passion and blame him for the atrocity that is this season and I don''t blame Gunn for us going down.  But he picked the team today (which was bizarre to say the least ) and he motivated the team today and we did not show up, it was a disgrace.  We''ve also lost 5 of the last 6 matches, which is hardly good form thus, I will be cancelling my season ticket if he is in charge next season. 

Its the boards fault we are in this mess, followed very closely by Roedent but Gunn is the man who finished us off.  Perhaps if the board are set to lose 7 million on relegation, it would have been a better gamble to pay a bit more and go for the experienced option who had more chance of keeping us up.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Well I think Gunn will be a good manager for Norwich City, he is actually one of the few positive things at the club at the moment[/quote]Is he?    Feel free to post your positives about Gunny to back this sweeping statement up.No?  Thought not