Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Is there anyone out there who doesnt blame the board for our plight?

I blame the playing staff;  coaches managers and players.  

Did they fail to committ to a performance every week?

Are they paid more than most teams in this league?

Did they finish below where they should have done?

The answer is yes to all three.

They are the primary reasons we are now a league one team

The thing is, they are all Norwich fans just like you or me. I think they have always had the best interests of NCFC at heart, but along the way a few HONEST mistakes have been made. Delia & MWJ have done so much for this club, so I don''t think we ought to be ''blaming'' them, as such, and they will be as upset about this as us - but I think it is time for them to step aside now and let someone with more money.

The problem is - WILL anybody try to buy the club? Delia deserves a fair price for her stake. Obviously that has dropped over the last few hours, but she shouldn''t have to give the club away for nothing.

We are in a very worrying position, and I just hope so rich businessman will take pity on us poor fans.

i blame parts of the board

i.e, the advisers to delia and michael,

munby and doomcaster, and dave stringer for the appointed of W*A*N*K* managers

which means W*A*N*K players

The board has made bad football decisions ever since we got promoted to the Premiership which has led to the current situation, I would never disagree with that!

But what I find bemusing is the "sack the board" chants. Yes it gets the message across that we aren''t happy but in reality whos going to sack the board cause they are at the the top. They could sack Mumby and Doncaster but the others are at the helm.

People need to get real cause the board have wanted out for a while now but can''t find anyone to take the club on. If they just walked now the club would be in an even worse position cause it can''t survive without benefactors ploughing money in.

You can''t blame the board for a bunch of overpaid underperforming journeymen and mercenaries.

[quote user="Felixfan"]You can''t blame the board for a bunch of overpaid underperforming journeymen and mercenaries.[/quote]

And just who gave these underperforming journeymen and mercenaries their contracts?May i suggest that when managers have approached the board with their indentified targets no one has managed the manager and nods of approval came from all round the table and the Chief Executive then prepared the paperwork.

I may of course be wrong..................................

If they had made a decent amount available for players we wouldnt be loaning half a squad of third rate players who were never going to fight for the club , and they have appointed shite manager after shite manager . Delia Smith and her cronies are 100% responsible for the death of this football club , anybody who thinks shes a better owner than Chase needs locking up in a padded cell.

[quote user="Felixfan"]You can''t blame the board for a bunch of overpaid underperforming journeymen and mercenaries.[/quote]You can however, blame them for wasting huge amounts of money that put us in the position of only being able to afford said underperforming journeymen and mercenaries.They''ve had more than enough TV revenue, gate receipts, and year on year transfer profits to put together a half decent side, and they chose to buy a bunch of worthless bricks instead.

The board have made 1 mistake:

Poor managerial appointments.

They cannot give money to the club which they don''t have!! And as stated, the lack of passion from the players cannot be attributed to them.

It is time for them to move on, agreed, but if nobody comes in to buy the club at a fair price then what else can they do?

[quote user="The Jonas Brother"]The board have made 1 mistake:

Poor managerial appointments.[/quote]I think you''ll find that''s at least 3 mistakes.

The board have made 1 massive mistake - leading the club into the 3rd tier for the first time in 50 years. It''s totally unforgivable and has only 1 explanation: FAILIURE.I am sick of hearing this sentimental crap like "they love the club", "they are fans", "they''ve tried their best".....I don''t even disagree with this.... but am stunned anyone thinks its relevant.The cold hard fact is that THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH AT THEIR JOBS AND ARE LEADING THIS CLUB DOWNWARDS. What more evidence do you need?!! Yeovil Town FFS.End of the argument, open your eyes.

[quote user="The Jonas Brother"]The thing is, they are all Norwich fans just like you or me. I think they have always had the best interests of NCFC at heart, but along the way a few HONEST mistakes have been made. Delia & MWJ have done so much for this club, so I don''t think we ought to be ''blaming'' them, as such, and they will be as upset about this as us - but I think it is time for them to step aside now and let someone with more money. The problem is - WILL anybody try to buy the club? Delia deserves a fair price for her stake. Obviously that has dropped over the last few hours, but she shouldn''t have to give the club away for nothing. We are in a very worrying position, and I just hope so rich businessman will take pity on us poor fans.[/quote]

No, no, no! The owners have guided our club to its lowest ebb for 50 years. They are directly responsible for appointing an incompetent board (themselves included). The dismanting of the club and consequent reduction in value of their investment is all their own doing. Why then, do they deserve their money back - let alone a significant return on their investment? I would draw an anolgy to investing in shares of a plc and losing your money but in their case it is even worse because they are the cause of their own downfall.

I don''t hate the owners and recognise that they have done their best and in financial terms have invested a greater proportion of their wealth than any of us would dream of, but their well meaning amateurism does not entitle them to their money back.

They have had opportunities to pass the club on to someone with both business nouse and financial clout and they passed them up because they thought they could do better.

Their bloody-minded reluctance to accept that their investment is worth very little is the one main reason why we find ourselves in League 1 with no manager, no team, a debt mountain and little hope of a quick return to the Championship. Don''t tell me they deserve anything but their bus fare back to Stowmarket.