Sign in to follow this  
Bongo Boy

Marshall.....

Firstly sorry if i have started a thread when i shouldnt here.But anyone who went today could you answer how did marshall play?

Marshall was an absolute disgrace and rightly so. He got the most grief from the crowd both after the 3 goal and at the end and from what i could make out around me the chants ''of your not fit to wear the shirt'' in the first half were aimed at him

I heard that Gunn had to persuede Marshall to go and acknowledge the crowd at the end of the game, think it says alot about him!

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Marshall was an absolute disgrace and rightly so. He got the most grief from the crowd both after the 3 goal and at the end and from what i could make out around me the chants ''of your not fit to wear the shirt'' in the first half were aimed at him
[/quote]

I think those chants were aimed in the general direction of the 10 players in yellow and 1 in a black goalkeeping jersey....

[quote user="canaryfan68"]I heard that Gunn had to persuede Marshall to go and acknowledge the crowd at the end of the game, think it says alot about him![/quote]

Gunn had to persuade all of the players to go and acknowledge the crowd.

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

[quote user="canaryfan68"]I heard that Gunn had to persuede Marshall to go and acknowledge the crowd at the end of the game, think it says alot about him![/quote]

[/quote]

Thats funny because I heard that Marshall and Lee were the only players that DIDNT have to be ushered to the crowd by Gunn.

Firstly Marshall clapped the crowd. He was the first to do so. He then turned around and gunny wanted eveyone to do it together so that''s false. He was also picking players up from the floor.....

Secondly...4 goals all from crosses. All scored from close range. He could do nothing about them. The decision to play 352 cost us ad there wingers were able to "cheat" and exploit the space behind the wing backs... Not marshall fault. Unfair stick!

But some have never played football on here so I guess the tactical exposure went in noticed!

Semmy shackell Russell clingan mooney leijer were the worst of a very bad bunch!

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="The Walking Man"]

[/quote]

Thats funny because I heard that Marshall and Lee were the only players that DIDNT have to be ushered to the crowd by Gunn.

[/quote]Not according to this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A50818647

All that I have spoken to seemed in agreement that Marshall was diabolical today. Cash in on him if possible, and play Rudd.

Alan Lee was the first to clap fans and he got decent reception, Gunny got the others to join in but they got loads of stick, about half the players gave their shirts to the crowd including Marshall who was getting much abuse - some of the players, including Captain Doc, saw how ugly it was getting and didnt get as far as giving their shirts to the crowd and sloped off the pitch

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Marshall was an absolute disgrace and rightly so. He got the most grief from the crowd both after the 3 goal and at the end and from what i could make out around me the chants ''of your not fit to wear the shirt'' in the first half were aimed at him
[/quote]

My chanting was aimed at Semmy who looked like he didn''t give a s**t from kick off and judging by the booing when he got the ball im guessing most people were aiming there anger at him. Marshall couldn''t do much about the goals the defence just folded in front of him.

OTBC

not sure where you got 3-5-2 from for the first half which is when we went 3-0 down. shackell was left back and otsem was right back with smith right wing and lappin left wing. i would suggest that is you that lacks in knowledge of tactical nous if that is what you believe the system was!!!!!!!i would blame marshall for at least 2 of the goals possibly 3 though will have to see them again but to be fair to him he was the only one of two, after alan lee, who didnt need to be told by gunny to clap the crowd even though he was getting the most abuse

to add i thought we were going to switch to 3-5-2 when he brought cody on thinking he was going to take otsem off and go with the three centre backs so was surprised when he took leijer off

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]from where i was everyone was aiming their abuse at Marshall, think they had all given up on otsem after the first minute!!!!![/quote]

Marshall wasnt the only one who looked shakey........... i wouldnt mind if they attacked the ball. But we didnt seem into it at all, you wouldnt actually belive we were gonna go down........ the tatics were as poor as the team, after being 3 down, gunn makes a sub keeping the same formation! Brillant!!

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]not sure where you got 3-5-2 from for the first half which is when we went 3-0 down. shackell was left back and otsem was right back with smith right wing and lappin left wing. i would suggest that is you that lacks in knowledge of tactical nous if that is what you believe the system was!!!!!!!i would blame marshall for at least 2 of the goals possibly 3 though will have to see them again but to be fair to him he was the only one of two, after alan lee, who didnt need to be told by gunny to clap the crowd even though he was getting the most abuse[/quote]

Yada yada.. Shack was left cb just behind lappin and smith right of the 3. Hence the space there wingers had.

shacks and otsem were orthodox full backs for the first 40 mins and the reason Charlton had so much space for their wingers was because both our full backs were crap and were caught out of position

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]shacks and otsem were orthodox full backs for the first 40 mins and the reason Charlton had so much space for their wingers was because both our full backs were crap and were caught out of position [/quote]

Youll find out why betrand wasnt playing in the press tomorrow! Although i dont think it would have made much difference!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]shacks and otsem were orthodox full backs for the first 40 mins and the reason Charlton had so much space for their wingers was because both our full backs were crap and were caught out of position [/quote]

Youll find out why betrand wasnt playing in the press tomorrow! Although i dont think it would have made much difference![/quote]

Go on.......

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]shacks and otsem were orthodox full backs for the first 40 mins and the reason Charlton had so much space for their wingers was because both our full backs were crap and were caught out of position [/quote]

Youll find out why betrand wasnt playing in the press tomorrow! Although i dont think it would have made much difference![/quote]please tell us more?????????

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]shacks and otsem were orthodox full backs for the first 40 mins and the reason Charlton had so much space for their wingers was because both our full backs were crap and were caught out of position [/quote]

Youll find out why betrand wasnt playing in the press tomorrow! Although i dont think it would have made much difference![/quote]please tell us more?????????[/quote]

He has been a bad boy............

« on: May 02, 2009, 08:18:45 PM »

This

will more than likely hit the press very soon, but a young City player

believed to be a loanee, was involved in an unsavory scene at Optic

Nightclub,  he apparently man-handled a girl into the toilets , for

whatever reason, I daren''t guess,  clearly he didn''t know that the

girl''s husband was in the same room.  The hunsband burst into the

toilet to save his wife and a altercation ensued, it is believed two

other City players were also invloved in breaking the ruckus up.

I feel abit for Marshall he''s been abit dodgy but he hasnt been helped by a defence that has been chopped and changed all season. Omasuzi, Otsemebor, Kennedy, Stephanovic, Shackell, Leijer, Doherty, Drury, Bertrand, Grounds and i think Clingan and Russell have both been drafted into the back four this season this cant have helped but make everything unstable. I know he''s had more poor games than we would have hoped but a settled steady back four may have helped him, perform to a higher level. Let''s not crucify the guy he''s tried his best even though his confidence looks shot unlike some of the other outfield players.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I feel abit for Marshall he''s been abit dodgy but he hasnt been helped by a defence that has been chopped and changed all season. Omasuzi, Otsemebor, Kennedy, Stephanovic, Shackell, Leijer, Doherty, Drury, Bertrand, Grounds and i think Clingan and Russell have both been drafted into the back four this season this cant have helped but make everything unstable. I know he''s had more poor games than we would have hoped but a settled steady back four may have helped him, perform to a higher level. Let''s not crucify the guy he''s tried his best even though his confidence looks shot unlike some of the other outfield players.[/quote]I agree but the problem is sme of these guys, simply arent good enough or they are being managed badly? il leave you to work it out........

The first goal all started from Marshall''s poor clearence, the second he fumbled out when he should have fetched. So he was certainly at fault for two goals, but if your playing the blame game then almost all the players are guilty.

Wikipeadia defines as a defender as ''an outfield player whose primary role is to prevent the opposition from scoring.'' Did this happen?

No, Shackell gave there winger to much space for the first, Leijer lost he''s man for goal one and three and didnt close down he''s man for the second (hence he''s was the one being subsituted after 30minutes), the doc didnt organise the back four and lost he''s man repeatedly, Semmy, well was Semmy.

But its not just their fault. The wingers didn''t support the full back, Clingan and Russell let the Charlton center mid''s have to much space to pick their passes. And did the strikers really defend from the front?

My mate got it spot on when he turned to me and said its not good enough as a unit. They should defend as a unit, and today and throughout the season this has not happened, and its cost us. We scored 2 goals today away from home today. Also Wolves, Scum, Sheff Wed, Cardiff. We scored two or more against these teams but didnt get a result, its not good enough.

So is Marshall to blame? Yes but so is everyone else, its a team game.

Fuck off Marshall, you fucking twat, you are a complete cunt and dont deserve to wear the shirt. Fuck off, fuck off, fuck off!!!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]shacks and otsem were orthodox full backs for the first 40 mins and the reason Charlton had so much space for their wingers was because both our full backs were crap and were caught out of position
[/quote]

Youll find out why betrand wasnt playing in the press tomorrow! Although i dont think it would have made much difference!
[/quote]

please tell us more?????????
[/quote]

He has been a bad boy............

Bertrands a 20yr old Chelsea footballer, earning more than a few quid, and according to my Mrs not a bad looking boy so why would he need to man handle a girl into the toilet?!?  Was said girl a Yorkshire lass by chance who has seen Shax play left back before?!?

« on: May 02, 2009, 08:18:45 PM »

This will more than likely hit the press very soon, but a young City player believed to be a loanee, was involved in an unsavory scene at Optic Nightclub,  he apparently man-handled a girl into the toilets , for whatever reason, I daren''t guess,  clearly he didn''t know that the girl''s husband was in the same room.  The hunsband burst into the toilet to save his wife and a altercation ensued, it is believed two other City players were also invloved in breaking the ruckus up.

[/quote]