Sign in to follow this  
prolificscorer

so now realistically

now relegation has unfortunatley been confirmed who will be staying with the club as they battle through league one? I only hope for Lee and McDonald to stay up front as their grit and determination may just see the team through.

Never thought I would ever say this, but Cureton could be usefull next season.

One point,can we stop with the league one thing, it''s the 3rd division. League one is/was just to make it sound better.

We are now a 3rd division club, none of this league one modern make the smaller clubs feel better stuff. You know that 3rd division,the one below the 2nd division with such giants as Peterborough utd in(good on the posh).[;)]

This is one of the problems - ideally things need to be sorted out with which players are leaving as soon as possible, but it''s not always that easy: I imagine plenty of them have escape clauses but those would not be triggered unless someone comes in for them, and then it can take a while.  IMO we won''t really have a full idea of what sort of squad we''ll have until well into July.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Never thought I would ever say this, but Cureton could be usefull next season.

One point,can we stop with the league one thing, it''s the 3rd division. League one is/was just to make it sound better.

We are now a 3rd division club, none of this league one modern make the smaller clubs feel better stuff. You know that 3rd division,the one below the 2nd division with such giants as Peterborough utd in(good on the posh).[;)]

[/quote]

Everyone knows what League 1 is, there''s not any doubting that it is the third tier of the League and not where we want to be - but the simple fact is that Divisions 2, 3 and 4 don''t exist any more.  Get used to it.  We were previously in the old 2nd Division, but I don''t recall you/others calling it anything other than the Championship!

[quote user="city till i die"]at the moment strikers at the club should handle it next year!! cody cureton cort martin then the likes off renton and the other youth team lads[/quote]

Cort is technically not ours next season, was only signed until the end of this season and we don''t know what his/our plans are for him.  I''d like Lee if things can be sorted out....similar sort to Howard at Leicester and he had a reasonable time of it in League 1/Div 3, forming a decent partnership with Fryatt.

As ever, the biggest problem is who will be at the club - players like Marshall, Doc, Semmy, Dejan (many seem to have forgotten about him), Clingan and Croft may well have ideas that they are better than the third tier....though being associated with such a pisspoor season might make it difficult to get decent fees. 

For me, I''d look to keep Rudd (who''d be my no. 1 next season, big ask for a young lad, but he''s been very, very good for the U18s), Nelson, Micky Spillane, Korey Smith, Cody McDonald and Chrissy Martin. I''d try and get Jason Shackell, who I think would be incredible at this level, Alan Lee and see if Mooney can be loaned for a season (and will want to come down). I doubt we''d be able to get Mooney, though.The rest of them as far as I''m concerned can leave. I''d love to keep Doc and Croft, but I think wage demands will mean they have to go. I''d look to ditch Curo, Drury and Otsemobor as a matter of priority.

It was one of the problems this season that too many of the loan players just weren''t up to it - and that was not just Roeder''s signings (Koroma, Troy Whatsisname, Sibierski).  Gunn brought in Carney, Killen and Leijer - none of which played much of a part and probably cost money better used elsewhere.

I''m certainly not opposed to loans as a matter of course - without the likes of Bertrand, Mooney, Lee, Lita and Shacks we''d have been even more pathetic this season - but having so many failures in among the good ones shows that we should have done much more homework on them: we had at least 6 or 7 who did nothing to earn their cash, and we''d have been far better using the money wasted on them on a couple of permanent signings.