Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

So; seriously. How do you feel?

Been expecting it since Gunn was appointed so no great shock really , think we will be in league 1 for years to come though.

Totally pissed off and getting angrier by the minute. We rolled over today like a dog with no legs. The club i love is in a total mess from top to bottom and its heartbreaking to see, it really is.

Angry, like i have been all season,and ready for a protest tomorrow!! I just feel sorry for my little ones having to support City!

Not shocked, because it''s been coming for weeks.  Just numb really.  Probably get seriously pissed off when the fixture list is published.

I dont think its really hit me yet - which is weird because I know its been happening for ages.I know of people who have cried about relegation and are totally depressed. I have neither cried nor do I feel depressed.Does it mean that I''m just not bothered about City anymore? Or is it normal not to have any passion when clearly the players dont [:(]

To be honest, on soem level, I think going down can only be a step in the right direction. Bear with me, but had we have stayed up - it would have been seen as a huge success, and nothing would have been done about it, and no doubt next season we would have been in the same position. At least, going down should knock some sense into the football club. Now everyone must realise Gunn is not the man for the job, and we can move on. Going down can only mean a total rehaul of our squad, and that can only be a good thing.

Angry more than anything.

Let down by the team yet again. But more than anything I had somebody record canary call for me and after listening to Delia and hubby blame anything but themselves I feel so, so pi**ed off with them.

"Football is driven by money these days", well no shit Sherlock.

They have known this for years yet they have muddled on with Delias little football club to impress her friends whilst making massive financial errors(assets rather than on the pitch), and all this backed up by their incompertant mouthpiece that is Doncaster. And as for Mundy, what a waste of space that fool is,chairman my arse.

And to round it all off she says we''ll struggle on,FFS just go away.

Yeah I know there is knowbody to replace them, I should as I have said it many times myself, I think I even said it on here after the Reading game.

Enough is enough,we need fresh blood from top to bottom.

Well you did ask.[;)]

Sadly no where near as bad as Fulham, not even close as let’s face it this has been a long time coming. 

Any board of directors that can follow up their belated sacking of Worthington with the cringe inducing appointment of Peter Grant was likely to sail us all down the river but of course that was only the starts wasn’t it!  

Where do you go when you are a NCFC director from that pile of stinking ----?  The truly lethal Glen Rodent of course, a man who had won nothing, achieved nothing and was roundly despised by pretty much every club he had been involved with, well it’s nice to know our club is in such safe hands. 

So just in case their inspired little conclaves hadn’t done enough harm they left the safety of our club and a multi million pound business in the hands of a man, who whilst a club legend, had absolutely zero experience and surprise surprise we end up hitting a  fifty year low, really you didn’t need to be Nostradamus to see today coming did you?

Being in Berkshire, I was pretty happy with the way promotions and relegations have worked out for away games next season, so I have mixed feelings. Wycombe, Brentford and Exeter came up from Div Two and of course Southampton and Charlton came down with us.  Having cancelled my season-ticket I''m looking forward to some interesting away games !!  Every cloud has a silver lining.  

Honestly? "Meh".For the last 2 seasons I grew tired of watching dire football, of selling our star players and bringing in more loans, and of the continuing unwillingness of both fans and board alike to smell the coffee and realise we were headed downwards if we didn''t undergo a fundemental change of club policy and attitude.So I stopped being bothered about going to games, I stopped giving money to the club, and I managed to block out the depressing feelings that inevitably came every Saturday when the results rolled in.Norwich are still my club, but I don''t recognise anything about it at the moment that reminds me of why I support them int he first place. There''s no ambition, no drive, just the bumbling boardroom of inept members who have no clue on footballing matters are who have been far to unwilling to invest in the team. Their desire to take the cheap route, to bring in loans who just don;t care about the club, their awful manegerial decisions.......I have to say, it is easy with hindsight to see how the likes of Smudger and Cluck saw this coming a mile off.

[quote user="paul moy"]Being in Berkshire, I was pretty happy with the way promotions and relegations have worked out for away games next season, so I have mixed feelings. Wycombe, Brentford and Exeter came up from Div Two and of course Southampton and Charlton came down with us.  Having cancelled my season-ticket I''m looking forward to some interesting away games !!  Every cloud has a silver lining.  [/quote]

... and if Gillingham win the play-offs that would add some icing to the cake !!  

I feel incredibly angry and let down by the owners, coaches and players.........I can''t see it getting any better in the future. I can see Gunn getting the job fulltime (the cheaper option), I can see a mass exodus of players during the summer and the same old crap being peddled by the board.........I just wish I could walk away from the club because of the constant anger and frustration I feel as a fan, but I can''t.

very, very sad demise of a great club......our great club

I feel as though Norwich has lost some of its identity, as though a landmark has been flattened. Remember late ''80s & early ''90s when shop windows would have green & yellow flags pinned up? The club & the city felt one of the same but now, the club''s fading... fast. I feel hollow.

Yes, it is so sad to see this club like this. I feel a part of my family has left me. No doubt we will be a force again one day but this might be another 10 years or so. I hope im wrong.

OTBC!!!!

During and for about an hour after the game I was crushed. Then I was okay until I watched The Championship to relive it all, and it was even worse when I decided to watch the League One section and look at that level of football.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Angry, like i have been all season,and ready for a protest tomorrow!! I just feel sorry for my little ones having to support City![/quote]agree told my son to go out and play when it was 3-0.

It is a dark dayIts not possible to be objective and easy to throw toys out of the pramIs it coincidence that the 3 teams relegated were all recently PL sides.  It seems that if you dont go straight back up the club needs a majo overhaul  We have need one for some timeLets look at it again when the dust settles but fot now just angry upset and annoyed

Numb.  I took my Cricket team out to field at 2pm because I couldn''t stomach the idea of having to listen anymore. (We got beat) I''ll get all that disappointment and anger, distill it in a ball and keep it. That way  I can contrast it with when we come back  to highlight the good times.

Sad, but not as sad as i have been as a Norwich City fan wierdly, even though it is arguably the worst thing ever to happen to our club, and most certainly by many a mile the worst thing to happen to the club in my time of supporting it.

But it is the most hollow and empty i''ve ever felt as a city fan.

I''ve repeatedly invested my faith, loyalty, time, money, emotion and committment to supporting Norwich City, and for those reasons it''s ever so painful to see them lose a game, or fail to some sort of extent, like finish in a poor table position, or get a proper thrashing. But you can only be dissapointed in the club so often and to such a point, and that is until you lose all hope, expectancy and pride for what is. The results of what Norwich have produced, have been relentlessly hammerring at all the aspects i respect, admire and love the club for. It can only bring you down unto such a level, until you honestly have nothing left in your system of which you have available to grieve.

I haven''t cried (which was one of the big things that surprised me today), but theres no way unto which i could put the extent of failiure this club have made into words.

It honestly is just so, unimaginably disgraceful.

I still support this club, but it''s no longer where my heart lays. A ''shell'' to me, of what it was once if you will.

[quote user="John"]

But it is the most hollow and empty i''ve ever felt as a city fan.

[/quote]Yep, that adequately sums up my feelings at the moment.