Sign in to follow this  
Robert Ketts Yellow Army

Gunn should step down and make way for an experienced manager

Course it won''t happen - his ego won''t allow it.

And he will get the job on the basis that he used to play in goal for us - such is the amazing recruitment policy at Carrow Road.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

And he will get the job on the basis that he used to play in goal for us - such is the amazing recruitment policy at Carrow Road.

[/quote]We''ll see. I personally think after today he could not possibly continue.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

We''ll see. I personally think after today he could not possibly continue.
[/quote]

I completely agree but I don''t think the man himself sees it that way - post match, he sounded adament that he had the job in the bag, in my opinion.

we dont necesarrily need an experienced manager - look where roeder took us - but we need a manager;   someone who has s decent record IN THE LEAGUE WE ARE IN who can take us forward.   We dont need managers like roeder who have higher league knowledge,  its a different ball game we face next season and so we need a league one league two manager,  who knows the rough and tumble and can get the tough consistency needed to win games week after week.

but yes - Gunn is out of his depth and should have nothing to do with the playing side again.  Not sure butterworth or crook are any better

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

He''s the best - i.e. cheapest - option for the Board. Sadly, he''ll be in charge again next season.

I think it was 50/50 until today, however after this performance I cannot believe he will hold onto the reigns. Cast your mind back, he was given the role after beating Barnsley. Mumby gave it all the ''look at the smiles'', ''players were lifted by the new team in charge'', ''togetherness'' etc etc. All of those statements seem like a distant memory now .. we are now playing worse than before he took over .. we have gone backwards.

I do not blame him and all credit to him for holding his hands up today and taking the blame. Crook is the obvious other choice with Butterworth as his number 2. Gunny steps back into his former role [on half the salary] and we have a cheap solution which looks a little more tactically astute ?? Australia to Norwich for 3 months ?? hes on a promise i say !

[quote user="Tim Stevens"]

I think it was 50/50 until today, however after this performance I cannot believe he will hold onto the reigns. Cast your mind back, he was given the role after beating Barnsley. Mumby gave it all the ''look at the smiles'', ''players were lifted by the new team in charge'', ''togetherness'' etc etc. All of those statements seem like a distant memory now .. we are now playing worse than before he took over .. we have gone backwards.

I do not blame him and all credit to him for holding his hands up today and taking the blame. Crook is the obvious other choice with Butterworth as his number 2. Gunny steps back into his former role [on half the salary] and we have a cheap solution which looks a little more tactically astute ?? Australia to Norwich for 3 months ?? hes on a promise i say !

[/quote]\Agreed , but i think after the board meeting wednesday, Gunn will be re leaved of his duties..

Obviously Gunn has had a bad deck of cards with which to play. So it''s not the lack of quality in recent performances that really makes me angry it''s the obvious lack of desire. Now Gunn can and should be held accountable for that.  IMO he should do the decent thing and make way for someone else for next season. Boothroyd is my man. We''re going to need to rely a lot on our kids to get back up and that''s were Boothroyd has experience.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Poach Tilson from Southend.[;)] He knows the 3rd division like the back of his hand.[/quote]

yeah....been stuck there 2 yrs! No thanks.....

I cant honestly think who is available! We would need to do it on the cheap so an unemployed one......

Reading the latest article on Waghorns site it looks like Gunn will be in charge next season , they just never learn do they.

Mark Robins?

maybe not that much league 1 experience,

but knows the lower leagues well,

and has done a good job this season at Rotherham,

Got to be Steve Tilson for me. And for what it''s worth Alex, I don''t think Gunny sounded at all as if he "had the job". Far from it.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Poach Tilson from Southend.[;)] He knows the 3rd division like the back of his hand.[/quote]

Agreed and the one time he scrabbled out of it they went straight back down.[:O] 

I blame lack of investment/board/players/manager myself.

who knows guys... i don''t think either the mighty sir alex or ''the special one'' could get us promoted this year, like the england job, it''s a poisoned chalise these days

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Got to be Steve Tilson for me. And for what it''s worth Alex, I don''t think Gunny sounded at all as if he "had the job". Far from it. [/quote]

I would agree that he didn''t sound like he already had the job, but he certainly didn''t sound discouraged from today ''events''. He certainly wouldn''t turn it down, given the chance. Which is why I hope the board aren’t on the verge of yet another managerial miscalculation.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

totally agree, he''ll keep his job. We have no money and don''t take gambles