Sign in to follow this  
YoungCanary

Alan Lee and Loanees

I have to say, for a ex binner i was impressed with his desire today, most of the players didnt look too botherd (mainly the loanees) but he did eveything he could to help us stay up. I know we faild to do so but i like to see the effort from the players even if it is a lost cause. I hate to see players play with our shirt and not try, thats why the chat ''your not fit to wear the shirt'' is relevant to many players as you can see they aren''t that botherd. I hate to see all the loanees not really caring about our results but just how they perform so they can go back to their club.

But to my origional point, i would like the board to do what they can to actually sign some players inc Lee to build a team spirit. The main thing this club needs is some stability rather than loans who will come in and come out quickly which means the squad is never stable.

On the Ball City

We were doing better with Mooney and Gow up top if anything results have gone downhill since Lees arrival , i wouldnt waste money on him hes well past his best and wasnt a prolific scorer in his prime.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]We were doing better with Mooney and Gow up top if anything results have gone downhill since Lees arrival , i wouldnt waste money on him hes well past his best and wasnt a prolific scorer in his prime. [/quote]Exactly - Gow was hugely instrumental in pulling Cardiff to pieces with his withdrawn striker role - why Gunny ever chose to change something that was working I do not know.

in football it is necessary to change formations and tinker with them, no matter how well they work - as clubs you will be playing in the future will be watching and working out ways to counter-act the formation you are playing so therefore changing things before matchday is likely to throw them. Although unfortunatley it hasn''t paid off for Norwich.

I agree but there''s a difference between tinkering and what we have done. Players have been going in and out the club all season meaning it''s been very hard for us to form a good stable team who can have the chance to get used to each other and how they play.

[quote user="prolificscorer"]in football it is necessary to change formations and tinker with them, no matter how well they work - as clubs you will be playing in the future will be watching and working out ways to counter-act the formation you are playing so therefore changing things before matchday is likely to throw them. Although unfortunatley it hasn''t paid off for Norwich.[/quote] So why ever since we brought Lee in have we played hoof it up to Lee in just about every match ?

[quote user="prolificscorer"]in football it is necessary to change formations and tinker with them, no matter how well they work - as clubs you will be playing in the future will be watching and working out ways to counter-act the formation you are playing so therefore changing things before matchday is likely to throw them. Although unfortunatley it hasn''t paid off for Norwich.[/quote]Is it? I thought the basis of a successful season is a settled side. Admitadly, football may involve a certain player taking a slightly different role from game to game - but I don''t think major changes in personnel and tactics are always necessary.

My only fear is that at the moment he''s playing to join the club/get a contract, he''ll get his wish and then stop caring as much. He used to smoke and drink which is a bit of a careless attitude but I dunno if he does that anymore.

Would be worth a shout if he is available at a decent price. One of the few loan players who did care. Could be a good player to have around for the youngsters. He stirs the crowd too.