Sign in to follow this  
thebigfeller

Tonight's 606

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00k4h57/606_03_05_2009/

Two Norwich fans to listen out for, folks. First, a bit of a gobshite who phones up far too many radio shows and is making a shameless plug with this very post: he''s at 13:15 into the show. And second, an absolute lunatic who castigated the fans for turning on the team at 3-0 down earlier; and blamed the boo boys for forcing Roeder to loan Cureton to Barnsley! He''s at 56:15 - and truly, in his case, you couldn''t make it up.

Fantastic comments mate, agree with it all.  Top listen, cheers for giving us the link. Great phone in!

If we drove Cureton out why did Roeder not even mention his name when asked about him. Roeder didn''t have time for Cureton and it was our board who let him out to one of our relegation candidates,so don''t blame the fans for pushing out Cureton.

[quote user="thebigfeller"]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00k4h57/606_03_05_2009/

Two Norwich fans to listen out for, folks. First, a bit of a gobshite who phones up far too many radio shows and is making a shameless plug with this very post: he''s at 13:15 into the show. And second, an absolute lunatic who castigated the fans for turning on the team at 3-0 down earlier; and blamed the boo boys for forcing Roeder to loan Cureton to Barnsley! He''s at 56:15 - and truly, in his case, you couldn''t make it up.

[/quote]Cueton was playing poor at the time, althoug he was needed, he was lcking confidence ad need a break, shame it was barnsley!

Your call was great, good points well made, shame the cut you off. The last guy what was he going on about?

Barnsley finished 6 points ahead of us, its been documented Cureton was worth four points to Barnsley, therefore on that arguement we still would have been relegated.

Football is simple, over 46games we weren''t good enough, that is it.

[quote user="Apoptosis"]

Your call was great, good points well made, shame the cut you off. The last guy what was he going on about?

Barnsley finished 6 points ahead of us, its been documented Cureton was worth four points to Barnsley, therefore on that arguement we still would have been relegated.

Football is simple, over 46games we weren''t good enough, that is it.

[/quote]Cheers!! the cueton argument is floored.lol

Great call, points clearly and coherently made, says it all....shame that they weren''t really prepared to let you finish.I suspect the myth that we are a "well run" club will continue regardless.But well said.Didn''t bother with the other caller!

Good call Shaun, and Shuck, do listen to the other caller, it just sums up the gaping divide in thinking amongst our fanbase and how difficult it will be to ever unite our club again.

Shaun, if I was gay I think I''d make a play for you.[:P]Great call, well said.The "fan" at 56 minutes: no no no no no no NO NO NO WHAT ARE YOU THINKING YOU DAFT OLD COOT?"The fans have been appalling... I was there today and at 3-0 down they were ripping into the players and at that point you need to get behind the players..."Really?  What would you do if they were 6-0 down, offer them hand relief?

It''s the fans'' fault that Cureton went out on loan...Forgetting we basically exchanged Cureton for Lita.  I wonder who we would have chosen to lead the line for the rest of the season.  And why, when recalled, did Cureton play two more games and then vanish from the squad again?Cock.

"Really?  What would you do if they were 6-0 down, offer them hand relief?"LOL! I think some of them probably would! Infact, I''m surprised they''re not having a go at us already and saying if we were "real" supporters, we''d all be flexing our wrists for them right now!I do wonder why failure at the football club is acceptable and even to be lauded and praised. After all, if their shares or savings have gone in the current recession, would they then be standing outside the doors of the Bank, applauding the directors as they go in and saying as "real" investors, we should be getting behind them, look what they did for us before (ie) got us that nice house that we might now be about to lose?