Sign in to follow this  
Clint

The epitome of what is wrong with this club......

.......those fans in the Russell Allison who at 4-1 down were chanting Bryan Gunn''s name and cheering the team on like they are hero''s.

I admire you''re optimism but this was Charlton, not even Fulham, a team that had been relegated for several weeks and are bottom of the Champs by a country mile, and we were getting torn apart.  Now I don''t blame Gunny for this but he is partly culpable for the sad position we find ourselves in and yet you sang his name like he was a hero, almost oblivious to what was actually happening.

We are now at out lowest echelon for 50 years, long before I can remember but I''ve been a season ticket holder for 20 years and will remain so whilst the club still exists.  I''m a loyal supporter, will be until I die, which I why I pay my money to keep the club going (although I appreciate that those who haven''t renewed have their reasons as well) but I also realise when times areso very bad and really need changing.

I won''t boo indviduals and I think some of the critisicism certain players have recieved is unfair.  But I won''t clap a team off that has lost at home to a mediocre team that has nothing to play for, like Sheff Wed or Coventry, but many of you do.  These are the games that relegated us, not today, not Reading on Monday.  The club appreciate your money but why do you bother going?  If you''re happy losing 4-1 to Charlton, why should the players be any different?  At the end of the day, they''re getting paid to play with no passion, you''re the one''s paying to see it.

Since the crowds have improved, so has the apathy amongst a large proportion of the supporters.  We''ve been relegated to league 1, whilst Peterboro (and most likely MK Dons) have been promoted, with a measly 46 points, confirmed with possibly the most gutless and pathetic performance I have ever seen.  But yet you still find reasons to cheer your team on, why?  What exactly are you cheering?

No doubt, if in the next few weeks, you see the players out, you will swarm around them like they are some kind of local hero''s, forgetting the fact that they have let you down so badly.  Relegation has hurt and embarrased me to the extent that I won''t sing Gunn''s or Norwich''s name when we''re losing to Charlton because I really care and want better than an away trip to Yoevil next season or perhaps more importantly, the season after.  

Eadie, Robins, Goss, Bowen, Roberts, Holt, Huckerby and many others are all real City hero''s and deserve your praise and song but most on the pitch today and this season don''t. 

I have renewed my season ticket and will remain a loyal fan but we do not need

The next time I want to see those players is when they''re signing for another club, which they will then ruin the way they have ruined ours. Useless fecking oiks.

I was there yesterday and left before half time, perhaps the whole City support should have done the same, let''s get a message across that we deserve better, no loan players but a team who wants to play for NCFC, we need new heroes, this team has none!

[quote user="Clint"]

.......those fans in the Russell Allison who at 4-1 down were chanting Bryan Gunn''s name and cheering the team on like they are hero''s.

I admire you''re optimism but this was Charlton, not even Fulham, a team that had been relegated for several weeks and are bottom of the Champs by a country mile, and we were getting torn apart.  Now I don''t blame Gunny for this but he is partly culpable for the sad position we find ourselves in and yet you sang his name like he was a hero, almost oblivious to what was actually happening.

We are now at out lowest echelon for 50 years, long before I can remember but I''ve been a season ticket holder for 20 years and will remain so whilst the club still exists.  I''m a loyal supporter, will be until I die, which I why I pay my money to keep the club going (although I appreciate that those who haven''t renewed have their reasons as well) but I also realise when times areso very bad and really need changing.

I won''t boo indviduals and I think some of the critisicism certain players have recieved is unfair.  But I won''t clap a team off that has lost at home to a mediocre team that has nothing to play for, like Sheff Wed or Coventry, but many of you do.  These are the games that relegated us, not today, not Reading on Monday.  The club appreciate your money but why do you bother going?  If you''re happy losing 4-1 to Charlton, why should the players be any different?  At the end of the day, they''re getting paid to play with no passion, you''re the one''s paying to see it.

Since the crowds have improved, so has the apathy amongst a large proportion of the supporters.  We''ve been relegated to league 1, whilst Peterboro (and most likely MK Dons) have been promoted, with a measly 46 points, confirmed with possibly the most gutless and pathetic performance I have ever seen.  But yet you still find reasons to cheer your team on, why?  What exactly are you cheering?

No doubt, if in the next few weeks, you see the players out, you will swarm around them like they are some kind of local hero''s, forgetting the fact that they have let you down so badly.  Relegation has hurt and embarrased me to the extent that I won''t sing Gunn''s or Norwich''s name when we''re losing to Charlton because I really care and want better than an away trip to Yoevil next season or perhaps more importantly, the season after.  

Eadie, Robins, Goss, Bowen, Roberts, Holt, Huckerby and many others are all real City hero''s and deserve your praise and song but most on the pitch today and this season don''t. 

I have renewed my season ticket and will remain a loyal fan but we do not need[/quote]

To be fair mate a lot of those people chanting Gunn''s name were drunk, although once two or three got going others had to join in, heard one guy go ''He''s got no job but we dont care'' at one point, which would have been the song id have sung.  I was all for leaving after 30mins, but I had to stay for that little bit of hope you always get watching Norwich and i have to agree the chants sung after that point were ridiculous.  If Gunn were a normal manager he would have been hounded out by now, its time people realise, he isnt a manager, he doesn''t know much about football really but he is a nice guy.  That doesn''t cut it when we are in the third teir of football for 40 odd years.

But you post does sum up a lot about the fans of the club, they either get too carried away and fail to see past the Bryan Gunn image and realise that he is poor at his current job.  The rest are happy clappy fans happy so long as everything is nice and good on the front of it.

Good post.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I wonder which players will have the balls to show up at today''s open day.[/quote]Not sure but i hope Marshall and Otsemabor do, something tells me they''ll be a little bit more busy than the others...

[quote user="Second Wizard"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I wonder which players will have the balls to show up at today''s open day.[/quote]Not sure but i hope Marshall and Otsemabor do, something tells me they''ll be a little bit more busy than the others...[/quote]I''d be amazed if they even have the balls to walk around the City. [:@]

[quote user="Clint"]

I have renewed my season ticket and will remain a loyal fan but we do not need

[/quote]

They might have increased but they certainly haven''t improved.

This generation of supporters are used to a "restart" button when things go wrong...but it just ain''t like that in real life.

Support for the sake of it is a fools errand which has ultimately led to the demise of NCFC as we now see it.