Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Why don't the players care?

Because they know, just as we do, that this isn''t a proper football club any more.  The word has got round about Norwich City and no player who really cares about football and has his head screwed on would touch us with a bargepole these days, except possibly for a last payday before they pack up.  So we end up with a team full of hasbeens, crocks and wasters with one or two bright sparks who can''t wait to get away.

We cannot expect the players to go out and perform for 90 minutes on a Saturday if they are working in such an anti-football atmosphere the rest of the time.  It is quite obvious from their comments that the people in charge of our club have come to hate the game because football is what it is, not what they would like it to be and no amount of spin is going to change it. 

This club is poisoned from top to bottom but the source of the infection lies in boardroom, in the attitude of the people who are running our club.

Until they depart nothing is going to change.  I just heard a caller on Radio Norfolk saying "look on the bright side, now we can rebuild".  We won''t rebuild, not with this lot in charge.  IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

They don''t care cos they earn too much money.

An average championship player on £100K plus a week, do me a favour.....pay them what they are worth, peanuts!

So why do players at other championship clubs care and ours don''t? 

Look at Barnsley, they went one down at Plymouth but rolled up their sleeves and got a win in the end because they wanted to win, even though they knew before the game that they didn''t need to.  They took pride in finishing five points above the drop.

We go one down at Charlton who had nothing to play for except the satisfaction of taking us down with them . . . you know what happened next.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

They don''t care cos they earn too much money.

An average championship player on £100K plus a week, do me a favour.....pay them what they are worth, peanuts!

[/quote]

What???  I don''t think so, most Prem players don''t get anywhere near that

[quote user="canary cherub "]

So why do players at other championship clubs care and ours don''t? 

Look at Barnsley, they went one down at Plymouth but rolled up their sleeves and got a win in the end because they wanted to win, even though they knew before the game that they didn''t need to.  They took pride in finishing five points above the drop.

We go one down at Charlton who had nothing to play for except the satisfaction of taking us down with them . . . you know what happened next.

[/quote]

Exactly. They rolled their sleeves up but we never did that at any point during the relegation battle. Watching the Reading and Charlton games you would have guessed that Norwich were mid table and had nothing to play for!

I have been forced to conclude that many of the players really didn''t care enough. To prove this point watch most of them sparkle at other Championship clubs next season.

We need a clean slate, a fresh but experienced face in as mannager and no more loans (or a maximum of just 2). We need our own players committed to the long term and determined to get us promoted as soon as possible.  

Sticky zero key, I''d reckon.

Having a new, lower wage cap at Norwich will do the world of good. As I''ve said in another thread, I don''t care if we scour the non-league divisions for a new squad [if that''s all we can afford], we need to put in place a team which belongs to US, which plays for the shirt and not the pay cheque, and can again make us proud. It''ll be a long process, but if I see again 50% of incoming players this summer being loans, I''ll tear what''s left of my hair out. And remember, any loans we DO get are likely to be from teams like Derby, Forest, Cardiff, Coventry, etc this time around...

As I''ve said on here before... a "temp" in the office is "here today and gone tomorrow".... and so the input is severely limited due to a lack of responsibility for the future.

Too many loan players whose "so what" attitude rubs off on others. They don''t have to care to earn their money.....

Money.

If they go down a level they simply get their agents to find them another club - and that is where Delia is right about money killing the game.

I come back to if a player is relegated their contracts should have an enforceable clause that says they cant leave unless the club agrees to it - its the players that got us into league one,  and they should be the ones to get us out again,  if thats what the manager wants.

That way City could cash in on marshalls but force clingans to stay for example. 

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

As I''ve said on here before... a "temp" in the office is "here today and gone tomorrow".... and so the input is severely limited due to a lack of responsibility for the future.

Too many loan players whose "so what" attitude rubs off on others. They don''t have to care to earn their money.....

[/quote]+1Also the club and fans do not really love you a couple of poor performances and everyone wants you gone so this commitment stuff is dreamland.In a poor team like a poor company people spend more time worrying about themselves and thus performance drops.The more loans, contracts up etc etc the more magnified the issue.

I, for one, would be very happy if I NEVER saw another loan player at Norwich City. We develop them, increase their valuw, give them experience and ..... if they are good .... price ourselves out of the market in ever buying them. Let''s find our own players, develop our own players and do something about the abysmal lack of players coming through the academy to be first team regulars. A Monday morning quiz ..... try to think of the last three home bred first team regulars we have had.