Sign in to follow this  
ged in the onion bag

I want to stay regardless - Lee

[quote user="ged in the onion bag"]of course he does, he''s garbage and likely to be stacking shelves at Tesco otherwise. [/quote]???????????????? he will be the kind of player we need to battter the big CBs in league 1...i for one hope he stays

Got a goal today against a defense which is probably the standard for League 1.  Good signing IMO

He''s a good striker, I''ll be honest with you. He does however go through long spells when he doesn''t score. He''s also very injury prone. That said, I wish him well in whatever he does in the future, because he''s certainly not one to be faint-hearted, and gives his all for the cause.

na i hope he stays cause everyone has been saying next season is about bringing in the younger players through the academy but you cant just have a team of youngsters you need to have some decent more experienced players in there to coach and help to players to develop there skills or we will end up a team of unexperienced youth players!! Like Delia said today we need a team of mcdonalds playing for city....... well no he is a good player but he is unexperienced and needs older players as well i can see next season being even worse than this one the way its sounding !

[quote user="BudgiePluckerITFC"]He''s a good striker, I''ll be honest with you. He does however go through long spells when he doesn''t score. He''s also very injury prone. That said, I wish him well in whatever he does in the future, because he''s certainly not one to be faint-hearted, and gives his all for the cause.[/quote]we need a squad of them next season

Shown the door at Ipswich , not wanted at Palace , treated like a star at Norwich , no wonder we are where we are , we settle for 5th best time and time again .

He bullied a few defenders in the championship and will do just that on a more regular basis with lesser defenders in league one... should go a good job with the pace of McDonald

Exactly.... what I have said on other posts... . all of you that back Lee and presumably anyone that is selected to put the shirt on, quite simply....you have been reduced to accepting inadequacy... and of course, thats what we now have....   Perhaps you think you are being realistic, but at this rate your realistic will be in the Conference.  

So next season, you are prepared to pay your £300 / £400 or so to watch him graze on Carrow Road are you.   

Heres a thought... Emile Heskey is selected for England, of course he is going to turn up - you can''t blame him, you have to blame the ineptitude of the people that actually pick him... it''s the same principle.

I think for league one he''d be a decent player to lead the line. He gets fired up puts himself about i could also see McDonald and Martin playing off him really well if we can just get the other players to get some decent balls into him in the areas that suit him, which they seem completely incapable of.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I think for league one he''d be a decent player to lead the line. He gets fired up puts himself about i could also see McDonald and Martin playing off him really well if we can just get the other players to get some decent balls into him in the areas that suit him, which they seem completely incapable of.[/quote]

His nouse, as well as his physical presence, is well suited to Div 3.

he was badly treated at ipswich, and palace paid good money for him, and he made an impact at both clubs :S ?

we saw how good he was when he got service.

you cant expect a big man to make an impact when running the line because hes getting no service ?

atleast think about it

Yes. I think we need a physical presence like him alongside Cody in a ugly league like League One

Why should he waste his time here?? A decent striker is wasting his time with no service from team mates that clearly think he''s still with the mob down the road. Good luck Alan Lee wherever you end up next season.

We are getting rid of so many players and will have difficulties forming a squad next year and here is one who will actually stay on any money and who is half decent. What are we waiting for ? Sign him up. With Cody and possibly hux - both players for whom money isn''t an issue, we could be in business.

Just wants to sign for a club close to his home , has never been much of a goalscorer and is definately on the decline , if we swap Hoolahan for this carthorse i will be well pissed off.

[quote user="ged in the onion bag"]of course he does, he''s garbage and likely to be stacking shelves at Tesco otherwise. [/quote]Are you kidding me? where you at the game today? Alan Lee was one of about 2 players who put in a 110%  today, and he was genuinely devastated when the final whistle went, he was also the one who made all the Norwich players come over to the City fans and applaud us, even though they all seemed reluctant to come over, he made them come over, and he got a really good reception from the city fans, we started singing the Alan Lee song, but as soon as the other players made it over we booed them. We have to sign Alan Lee, he is already bleeding Yellow and Green and we need that more than ever!

Alan Lee seems to care about the cause and wants to do well.. sadly i think the funds will dry up even more so!

howwever,, if we can somehow get him fro free, or swap for Hoolahan as has been suggested, i would like to see him sign permanently.

jas :)

Lee''s done OK in very difficult circumstances (ie no service),but I rather suspect if we signed him he''d join the long list of ex loanees we''ve signed permanently,who''ve been good while on loan,but crap when they''ve got their feet under our table . David Nielson was one who sticks out,but of course Hux was a notable exception.

A Lee style forward along side one with pace is what is needed in league one. My fear is similar to others, as soon as Lee signs he will settle. I would like to see Cort given another pay as he plays deal - not as the main striker line but as a back-up player. To be honest we can offer him League 1 wages as it is either that or nothing and if we can get 15 games out of him at little cost then it would be a good addition to the squad.