Sign in to follow this  
ncfc0405

The Turner Story

Does anyone really know what happened with The Turners -- why they came, what they did, why they left? Enough to write a ''thebigfeller'' style post about it?

Nope! But did read in the recession they have seen there fortune drop from 260 million to 95 million!

I still believe that they were front for getting Cullum in and when they realised that Delia/Doncaster etc wasn''t going to let this happen they up''ed and left.

There''s a few who post on here that have hinted that they might know the real reasons, but haven''t said. 

One view is that one of the Turners recommendations of their "root and branch review" was a big scaling down of the catering operation as it was costing too much money. This got knocked back as this would have represented a huge loss of face by Delia, so they walked.

Other reasons could have been that they just couldn''t afford the £2 million as the loans (I believe they were directly from Central Trust), or that they were somehow seen as a stalking horse for Cullum.

Of maybe something completely different.

I''ve no idea, but it will come out one day.

i think they were promised the club when Delia and MWJ called it a day but simply couldn''t afford it.. perhaps Cullums appearence aroudn the tiem they left upset them in some way? who knows...

jas :)

Of course we don''t know so we all guess at a scenario that will fit our own particular agendas. I''d like to know what did they actually did while they were here and what their legacy was.