Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Forget Gunn and Co, get Tilly in!

Thats right, Steve Tilson of Southend.

Now we''re a league one side ( how bad does that sound? ) lets get an experienced and good man manager in. Sod the compo to Saffend, ambition must be shown to the fans.

Gunn, nice bloke that he is and all, simply isn''t equipped as a manager for life in the third division ( or anywhere! )  and if, as I expect, the board appoint the old legend next week, then yet another massive mistake will be made by them.

If they go with Gunn, then this time, next year, we''ll be a League Two side.

GET TILSON IN!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Thats right, Steve Tilson of Southend.

Now we''re a league one side ( how bad does that sound? ) lets get an experienced and good man manager in. Sod the compo to Saffend, ambition must be shown to the fans.

Gunn, nice bloke that he is and all, simply isn''t equipped as a manager for life in the third division ( or anywhere! )  and if, as I expect, the board appoint the old legend next week, then yet another massive mistake will be made by them.

If they go with Gunn, then this time, next year, we''ll be a League Two side.

GET TILSON IN!

[/quote]

Seconded.

That''s a relief, I thought you were talking about the other Mr. Tilson.They say lightning never strikes twice, but once more I tend to agree with you.

Thirded, fourthed and fifthed. Tilson for me would be an ideal choice - knows league one, experience in the Championship, good experience of working on a budget and has worked miracles at Southend. He''d also jump at the chance to come here.

I''d far prefer Boothroyd, and i''m convinced it''s not beyond our capability to bring him in. His fashion in football style could really suit League One. And i fully believe that if he has a team fully developed before the start of the season, to his standard, it could walk the league.

For me Aidy is most certainly the man for the job.

I wouldn''t be too dissapointed with Mark Robins, but i don''t feel personally that Tilson is the man for the job.

Tilson Robins or Gannon for me.  NOt sure Aidy is right for us anymore.

Robins for me. He has the advantage of being more likely to be able to work with the present team so less upheaval.

Tilson has done nothing the last few seasons to convince me he can make the step up.

Interesting how Delia said we''ve now got the summer to go through the application process again, surely this appointment needs to be made by the end of this month so everybody knows where they stand and we can all crack on,

[quote user="can u sit down please"]nooooooooooo! Please not Tilson! Experienced in L1 because he has so far, failed to bounce back! He has followed a similar last few yrs very similar to worthys tenure![/quote]

This is what I was going to say. He might do better at a different club to Southend but I don''t necessarily see employing him as a sign of ambition.

He comes to us then fine but I think we need someone better.