Sign in to follow this  
|BA

Predictions for next seasons finish position...

With a new manager who can organise and motivate a team, such as Boothroyd, and our youngsters, and no loanees, I think we can make the play-offs, but with Gunn, I fear a relegation battle.

Depends whether administration now follows. And on what happens if it does - does Mr Cullum suddenly find some money, or does the current regime buy the club back because there''s no other bidder?

If we go into administration, and a 10 point penalty, and lose Marshall, Croft, Clinghan, Hoolahoop etc then I guess realistically 10th. Sneaking into the play offs would be an achievement.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]Depends whether administration now follows. And on what happens if it does - does Mr Cullum suddenly find some money, or does the current regime buy the club back because there''s no other bidder? If we go into administration, and a 10 point penalty, and lose Marshall, Croft, Clinghan, Hoolahoop etc then I guess realistically 10th. Sneaking into the play offs would be an achievement.[/quote]

I don''t see how administration follows at all.  Our wage bill will now be a fraction of what it was in the Championship and we will get transfer fees for Marshall, Hoolihan and Clingan and can blood youngsters on peanuts at a level where they may do well. On top of that we have crowds of 20,000 to look forward to in Division One. The board may actually see this as a healthier financial position than we had in the Championship.  With the thought of Huckerby returning and a new manager, I am actually feeling quite optimistic.   

I doubt we''ll go into administration because then Delia would lose all of her money - and that''s supposedly the whole reason Cullum wasn''t allowed near the club in the first place isn''t it?More likely we''ll just trundle along without a whole lot of change. Expect more loanees, a few more youth team players and no real chance at a change of management until we''re halfway through the season and struggling in the mid-to-lower table.