Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

Neil Doncaster on Radio Norfolk.....

He says even though we have a bigger ground and more fans turning up each week than most of the league we still dont break even and thats why we cant compete with anyone else, and the smaller clubs who have much more wealthy owners ploughing millions into their clubs??!!

Doesn''t really add up, when you think we have one of the highest wage bill.

Don''t tell me Blackpool, Barnsley, Plymouth.....are spending 8.5 million on player wages.

should have asked him what burnleys home gate is , and how much they spent on players , answer not alot .

another pathetic excuse , instead of saying the team had no stabilty with too many loan players , and wernt good enough .and we employed bad managers.

forest came up from the first division and bought earnshaw , the board just have no idea on running a football club .

[quote user="hurricane"]

He says even though we have a bigger ground and more fans turning up each week than most of the league we still dont break even and thats why we cant compete with anyone else, and the smaller clubs who have much more wealthy owners ploughing millions into their clubs??!!

[/quote]The reason we can''t break even is because we are paying out money each year to subsidise the ill thought out and executed "off pitch tangible assets" this load of idiots saddled us with.

I think the point is that we have had more money over the last 4 years than the Prestons and Burnleys can dream of but we haven''t spent it very wisely, if we had of done we''d have most likely had at least another season in the prem along  with another 40 million pounds that would have come with it. If we then invested a decent amount of that we''d probably now be at least talking of a top 6 finish instead of being relegated to the third division. Whatever way you look at it they have mismanaged the club, there is no getting away from it.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I think the point is that we have had more money over the last 4 years than the Prestons and Burnleys can dream of but we haven''t spent it very wisely, if we had of done we''d have most likely had at least another season in the prem along  with another 40 million pounds that would have come with it. If we then invested a decent amount of that we''d probably now be at least talking of a top 6 finish instead of being relegated to the third division. Whatever way you look at it they have mismanaged the club, there is no getting away from it.[/quote]

Theboard continue to amaze me.............. they just need to leave our club!

No admitting to a mistake......thats something the board will discuss on wednesday......then not act until August.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="kdncfc"]I think the point is that we have had more money over the last 4 years than the Prestons and Burnleys can dream of but we haven''t spent it very wisely, if we had of done we''d have most likely had at least another season in the prem along  with another 40 million pounds that would have come with it. If we then invested a decent amount of that we''d probably now be at least talking of a top 6 finish instead of being relegated to the third division. Whatever way you look at it they have mismanaged the club, there is no getting away from it.[/quote]

Theboard continue to amaze me.............. they just need to leave our club!
[/quote]

only a matter of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think they will ask doncaster to leave. board will stay the same through next year with the head of the carvery as manager.

Doncaster only does strawman arguments.  On this occasion he cherry picks the clubs who are relatively smaller clubs with wealthier owners to demonstrate his point.  Then chooses to ignore the patently obvious fact that there is loads of clubs better than us run on a shoe string budget.

[quote user="singing canary"]

should have asked him what burnleys home gate is , and how much they spent on players , answer not alot .

[/quote]

About 12k, about £3.5m, plus youth team players* who have come through the ranks and a couple of loans. Perhaps he could also have asked him how much the Club (Burnley) owes to the assorted Directors in loans as well?

* - About three first teamers which is something we should have encouraged more at our club.