Sign in to follow this  
10 Bryceland

Who do you want on the board?

We are one of 12 clubs to be relegated this year, once the First Division (aka the premier league) is settled.  Fans of all these clubs will be going through the same pain as ourselves and calling for the boards to resign, clear out players etc.  There is no doubt that our board has made mistakes but they are the board we are stuck with until someone else comes along.  I do not hear anyone saying I wish to join the board or put some money into the club.  If we wish to change the board we will need a viable option to fill the void.  The whole of Norfolk and beyond must know by now the depth of our sorrow and anger but when we protest in whatever fashion let us be constructive and offer alternatives and suggestions for the way forward.  The club will not go into administration and has a sounder financial base than most.  This is a start.  We need to go forward and use our meagre resources well.  Therein lies the problem.  Football does not come with any guarantees.  Managers, experienced or rookie, rearely meet with continued unqualified success.  Players come with glowing reputations and fail to live up to them.  Whatever direction the club goes in will be a gamble. 

For my own part the management team assesmbled by Bryan Gunn tried and failed.  The standard of play, attitude,and performance did not improve over the course of 19 games.  As head of recruitment in the Roeder era Gunn must have had an eye on possible players.  However almost without exception the players he brought in on loan flattered to deceive and failed to live up to early promise.  Some failed even to display early promise.  The constant tinkering with players and positions continued to the extent that yesterday the best central defensive partnership available was broken with disastrous results.  The management team see the players in trainng, we must make our minds up during matches and as such the choice of players, positions. tactics and substitutions made defy my understanding.

We must go forward.  There will never be universal agreement over managers and players but whatever the future holds for us let us back the club to the hilt.  If no-one comes forward to replace or join the board we must abide by their choice.  Come July I wich for us all to be united in support of our club.  Let''s not destroy ourselves but work to a common and glorious future.  Lets start with those willing to join or replace the board and work from there.  Any names please?

It''s very clear that the boardroom lacks an experienced man/woman who understands how football operates as a business in the sense of this post-Premiership financial model where the few have much and the many have very little.  The decline on the pitch has been so very evident even as the last few bricks were being applied to the Holiday Inn.I would like to see a well respected footballing man come in at board level to bring together the club''s commercial and footballing interests.  I would welcome someone like Bruce Rioch in this type of role though after the way he was shafted by Hamilton & the Stowmarket Two, I suspect it''s highly unlikely he would.  However, a George Graham type character would get my vote.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It''s very clear that the boardroom lacks an experienced man/woman who understands how football operates as a business in the sense of this post-Premiership financial model where the few have much and the many have very little.  The decline on the pitch has been so very evident even as the last few bricks were being applied to the Holiday Inn.

I would like to see a well respected footballing man come in at board level to bring together the club''s commercial and footballing interests.  I would welcome someone like Bruce Rioch in this type of role though after the way he was shafted by Hamilton & the Stowmarket Two, I suspect it''s highly unlikely he would.  However, a George Graham type character would get my vote.

[/quote]

Rioch still goes to a lot of matches at Carrow road, a very likeable man. Could well be worth a shout.

Still think the way out of Div 1 is to get an experienced Div 1 manager to concentrate on team matters.