Sign in to follow this  
maninblack

The defining moment

Roeder''s arrogance refused to give Darren Huckerby a new contract, I know it is old news and in the past but..... Do any members of the board believe that if Darren had been in the side for even 25% of the season we would be in the disasterous position we are in now?  If the answer is no we would not be, then remember, Roeder is not ultimately accountable, as a board you have to sanction such critical decisions and therefore you are responsible and accountable. As a unified Board the decision was made to give a club legend the responsibility to keep us in the Championship. A man who has never managed a team at this level in his life.  Decisions made by Board Directors like this in ''real life'' would be considered as incompetant at best and as gross misconduct at worst.  Any ''business'' does not fail because it is generally poor, it fails because it has poor management making poor decisions.

It is time to have people leading, directing and managing this great club who have the ability to financially stabilise the club. People who can unify the fans by making the right decisions, who have the present and future success of the club at heart.

We need players who are passionate, who want success for the club as well as themselves.

We need People who believe. People who are driven. People who have heart.  But first we need people with HONOUR.

[quote user="maninblack"]

Do any members of the board believe that if Darren had been in the side for even 25% of the season we would be in the disastrous position we are in now? 

[/quote]We were pretty damn close in the past two seasons so I would suggest it''s not beyond the realms of possibility. I''m not sure even Hucks at his best could have lifted the shower of sh*t we''ve had playing for us this season.

The defining moment for me was when the final whistle went yesterday!!!

[quote user="tyf0"]The defining moment for me was when the final whistle went yesterday!!![/quote]

The defining moment was when Gunn was appointed, that was in January. The board decided there and then that in the biggest season in the last few years that NCFC was worthy of someone with no experience, enough said!!

There were still enough points to play for and long enough to have brought in a few extra recruits, yesterday the team played for Gunn like they did for Roeder!!

I think the defining moments centred around the close-season, when Roeder''s signings seemed to consist of players who were ill-equipped for the physical demands of the Championship and the crazy failure to sign another Dion-esque striker. I was staggered that anyone could have allowed us to play for so long with Russell up front.

If we do one thing next season, whoever is in charge needs to have a long look at the way football is played in this divsion, what the common themes/qualities are of the teams who went up and at least try to form a team around those strengths, rather than seemingly paying no attention to the type of player needed to compete.