Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

If Ipswich get Keano then we should get........

Paul Ince. Did a fantastic job at MK Dons, as the biggest club in league two.

Why wouldnt he be able to do an equally good job at the biggest club in league one?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Why wouldnt he be able to do an equally good job at the biggest club in league one?

[/quote]

Because he was backed by an ambitious chairman at MK. He won''t get that here.

Did you watch his Blackburn team? Quite frankly they were the most disorganised team I have ever witnessed. Ince can stay the hell away from Norwich.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Because he was backed by an ambitious chairman at MK. He won''t get that here.
[/quote]

They operated at a profit. The squad he built was sustainable on the clubs increased income. The squad that we have built has proved to be unsustainable, hence our heavy losses.

Therefore. I would like Paul Ince as manager on the proviso that he agrees not to exceed a stringent budget. If we got him in early he could build a good little team.

The question is, if you were a talented young player, would you choose to play for one of Europes best midfielders of a generation, or a half decent back up to Andy Goram with no managerial experience?

A nationally respected figure is exactly what we need. Grant, Roeder, Gunn..... none of those have a great deal of respect in the footballing world.

If we want this club to get out of its small club mentality, then we need a man thats going to drag us out of it.

[quote user="Penfold"]Did you watch his Blackburn team? Quite frankly they were the most disorganised team I have ever witnessed. Ince can stay the hell away from Norwich.
[/quote]

It wasnt strictly ''his'' team though, he pretty much inherited it. My point was that he has a good record in the lower leagues.

Sorry to remind you, but his scenario at Blackburn is probably 20 years away from Norwichs situation. Im talking about 100k per player transfer budgets, not managing 100k per month players.

Hell of a shout. Would he want to come to a club where the boards ambition doesn,t match his though.I for one am not surprised at what has happened this season.All of the loan players we have had meant that we had next to no-one with the heart and passion to play for the club and fight to the death.Do any of you think that the likes of Lita,Mooney,Carney et al are going to be the slightest bit bothered about us going down.Alan Lee it would appear is a different matter.Obviously wants to play for the club that the difference.He seems to be the Paul Ince type of player and we will need that to bounce straight back next year.As for Delia and the rest of the muppets moaning about money.Money always talks in football and yes there would seem to be a valid argument that it is becoming the ruination of our beautiful game.You see non league teams going to the wall on an almost weekly basis now.The difference is that none of them have sold players for millions of pounds,land for millions of pounds and get regular 25,000 crowds.We have just gone from being one of the best supported clubs in the championship to the best supported club in League 1.My fear is that we will continue in the vein of selling off our assets to line the boards pockets.Lets not forget these are well off people we are talking about.To me Delia and her board are more interested in taking supporters money from them and giving nothing back.

COME ON DELIA "LETS BE AVIN YA"...... OUT OF THE DOOR

Mind i am sure you''ll make sure the likes of Sammy , Marsh etc are sold first just so you can cash in that little bit more.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Penfold"]Did you watch his Blackburn team? Quite frankly they were the most disorganised team I have ever witnessed. Ince can stay the hell away from Norwich.[/quote]

It wasnt strictly ''his'' team though, he pretty much inherited it. My point was that he has a good record in the lower leagues.

Sorry to remind you, but his scenario at Blackburn is probably 20 years away from Norwichs situation. Im talking about 100k per player transfer budgets, not managing 100k per month players.

[/quote]His players or not they were still disorganised.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Ince needs a big team of helpers with him. Just a figurehead manager.
[/quote]

Oh, you mean like Roeders complete backroom shuffle? Or Grants Norwich dream team?

I think you will find that the bigger the club the bigger the backroom. Sir Alex Ferguson has the biggest team of Coaches, Assistants, Fitness guys, physios and scouts in the WORLD.

But Sir Alex is a cr*p manager of course, because he needs ''helpers''.

I doubt that Macclesfield would have given him many ''helpers'' when they were adrift at the bottom of league two. Or are we that small and backwood thinking, that we cant employ as many coaches as Macclesfield?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Leeds have been promoted already??? I think Southampton would have something to say about that too!

I think you are all forgetting the fact that a lot of the better managers were interviewed or applied for the job just 5 months ago...and were overlooked for the club''s off field activites manager. Would you want to come and work for such a club and board?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Ince needs a big team of helpers with him. Just a figurehead manager.[/quote]

Oh, you mean like Roeders complete backroom shuffle? Or Grants Norwich dream team?

I think you will find that the bigger the club the bigger the backroom. Sir Alex Ferguson has the biggest team of Coaches, Assistants, Fitness guys, physios and scouts in the WORLD.

But Sir Alex is a cr*p manager of course, because he needs ''helpers''.

I doubt that Macclesfield would have given him many ''helpers'' when they were adrift at the bottom of league two. Or are we that small and backwood thinking, that we cant employ as many coaches as Macclesfield?[quote/]

Sorry, I worded that badly- not the physical size of the party so much as the responsibility- Ince doesn''t do the training or the tactics- he pretty much just barks at players and does team talks.

Can we afford to get in enough quality to back him up? No.

[/quote]

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

What, Leeds?

I love Colin Wanker''s response when interviewed to the question of whether his style of football would suit NCFC:

"What, winning football you mean?"

Must have put the fear of God up Delia - ''You want us to be succesful? Next!!'' 

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]Keep that MK Dong away from our club!