Sign in to follow this  
Polar

The biggest shame of all.

Yep we''re down, i can''t believe it... i don''t want to believe it and i won''t believe it until we''re playing in the Paint sheild thing.

The board and players have let us down, the fans have been incredible as always with their turnout and i suspect that trend will continue. But at the present i don''t care if we take league 1 by storm and go unbeaten next season, every victory should be classed as a defeat next season because we shouldn''t even be there. The spiral of failure that has slowly knocked this club down has gone out of control. I must say i''ve always been an optimist hoping to see a fresh start in the past 3 seasons and it hasn''t happened, this year i thought we''d have a shot at mid table and improvement but the loan mentality got stupid, we had an unsettled team, ungelled team and consiquently went down.

If you look at it theres a number of people to blame, the team to start with. But the Managers as well. Yes the Managers, Worthington maybe a long shot blame but he left us with some crap and a rubbish mentality on the pitch for all the good he did prior. Grant wasted what money we had left, had no idea what he was doing and then we ended up cut off from the pack at the bottom of the league. I''ve never seen someone so shell shocked and clueless as he looked on that night at Loftus road.

Roeder... well, i thought he would come good, but all he did was become a one season wonder, he delayed the rot and then grew his own. He started this Loan FC mentality and maybe Grant wasted the money he could of used, but he is to blame more than any. This is his team at the end of the day.

And Gunn, i don''t blame him a bit. The biggest shame is that hes the one whose going to be the scapegoat, out of all of them he''s the one who loves the club and its fans and would do everything in his power to prevent what has ultimatly happened. Love for the club may not be enough, but the other three have gone off to other things without a second thought. Worthy may say good things about the club but Grant will see it as his one shot at being a manager and his failure. Roeder may well see it as the twilight of his career. But its a shame that Gunn will go down as the manager who relegated us, and considering how Roeder left us he had some balls standing up and giving the job a shot. The board were wrong to appoint him, they have to go now no debate about it and i hope to see Doncasters resignation within the next week. Protests should happen now, Delia should be removed and change needs to take way before its too late. Hopefully Martin and Spillane will come back and help push us towards promotion next season, and hopefully Gunn will avoid being made a scape goat. But Roeder, Grant and the board should all be ashamed of themselves, two won''t be, and the board will preach prudence and ambition which is revealed as the load of crap it really is. Gunns the only one who will be ashamed.

A real pity.

*i''d like to take this oppourtunity to apologise to Wiz and some of the other board-outers i''ve argued with in the past stopping at Cluck and Smudger who i won''t apologise to purely for the hate and vitriol they showed to the club even when things went well.*

Fraid to say, we need Delia and Wynn now more than ever, cos no one is riding to the rescue, the important thing is to bring in a young up and coming Manager, and bring on the youth. 

[quote user="corbs"]Fraid to say, we need Delia and Wynn now more than ever, cos no one is riding to the rescue, the important thing is to bring in a young up and coming Manager, and bring on the youth. [/quote]

Let me assure you. The youth are not the answer.

Agree with most of that Polar, good post, but corbs point is valid too, we need to find new owners/investors before the board are hounded out completely, as we may struggle to survive as a club without them. However I dread to think what may happen if Norwich were to go into next season with the current setup still in place in its entireity.