Sign in to follow this  
StevoM

Happy Clappers

Was at the beam back after the cock up for Charlton tickets.  Firstly was a disgrace for drink prices, 2 60 for a coke and 3 00 for a beer on top of the fiver to get in, next this was that the picture on the TV''s were shit so cheers for that!Main topic now.  The guy in the dark blue t-shirt standing near the portrait of the Milk Cup winning squad, you my friend are one of the reasons this club are in the position we are in.  Delia was shown on the screens and rightfully boo''d and this guy went of the handle, swearing and was held back so he wouldn''t attack a kid (late teens) who was chanting sack the board.To you sir, f*ck off.  No point to this thread other that in hope that he reads this, he knows who he is.  Granted she has put in 11 million over HALF of which is a loan.  Wake up shes the owner she should be putting money in, GET HER OUT.Open day tomorrow, ill be there, having a chat with Marshall and Otsemabor and Lappin and Money and Russell if they show up and me and a couple mates (if they haven''t ended it all by then) will be giving Delia a peice of our minds weather at the fans forum or outside the ground.  So f*cked off with thsi club, its a disgrace, sorry Gunn your not a manager your a great man but seriously get out of the limelight now.  Resign just dont ruin it for you.

I can''t beleive that idiot, attacking people for airing their opinion... moron.

There was also a man who started shouting at myself, Bigmarkcanary and several others all standing at the back for booing Delia and chanting Sack the Board. Things got very heated and two stewards rushed over to intervene, he claimed that unless people had £50m to buy Delia out we should shut up and appreciate what she''s done for the club.

If you''re reading this - you''re a tosser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

There was also a man who started shouting at myself, Bigmarkcanary and several others all standing at the back for booing Delia and chanting Sack the Board. Things got very heated and two stewards rushed over to intervene, he claimed that unless people had £50m to buy Delia out we should shut up and appreciate what she''s done for the club.

[/quote]

Good for you girl....the bloke must only be allowed out from the home at weekends....what a tw*t

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Seconded, the idiot practically got right into my face after I''d dared to air my opinion. He asked me if I had £12m to invest into the club, to which I simply replied "No" and before I could say anything else I got "Well f**k off then!!", at which point the stewards intervened. There was just no need for it, surely everyone can see what her and the board have done to the club.

Except maybe those with rose-tinted specs!

possibly a poor anallogy, and i appologise if i offend any1, but somtimes i feel like the fans of this club act like a beaten wife. going bcak every season. "itll be different this time". all that ever changes is we get worse. time to grow a pair and let the board no were not having it anymore. thanks delia, but no thanks. boo sirs. boo indeed.

[quote user="Second Wizard"]Was at the beam back after the cock up for Charlton tickets.  Firstly was a disgrace for drink prices, 2 60 for a coke and 3 00 for a beer on top of the fiver to get in, next this was that the picture on the TV''s were shit so cheers for that!Main topic now.  The guy in the dark blue t-shirt standing near the portrait of the Milk Cup winning squad, you my friend are one of the reasons this club are in the position we are in.  Delia was shown on the screens and rightfully boo''d and this guy went of the handle, swearing and was held back so he wouldn''t attack a kid (late teens) who was chanting sack the board.To you sir, f*ck off.  No point to this thread other that in hope that he reads this, he knows who he is.  Granted she has put in 11 million over HALF of which is a loan.  Wake up shes the owner she should be putting money in, GET HER OUT.Open day tomorrow, ill be there, having a chat with Marshall and Otsemabor and Lappin and Money and Russell if they show up and me and a couple mates (if they haven''t ended it all by then) will be giving Delia a peice of our minds weather at the fans forum or outside the ground.  So f*cked off with thsi club, its a disgrace, sorry Gunn your not a manager your a great man but seriously get out of the limelight now.  Resign just dont ruin it for you.

[/quote]

I was at the game and to be fair, the people around me had varied views, although they agreed the board must go, they were not willing to chant sack the board!!! they could not argue the case why they should stay, just she has invested alot of money!Wizard, at the end of the game the board after hearing your not fit to wear the shirt, they where clapping and having a whale of a time!! not impressed..............worst day in the clubs history and not much to smile about!

[quote user="stress makes Gunns vitiligo worse"]Isn''t it strange the ones who say ''f**k off then''  9/10 are already walking away.  [8-)]
[/quote]

Very. Were you there?

Delias contribution and commitment to Norwich City isn''t, and shouldn''t be why the fans have turned against her (and the board), yes she has put a lot of money into the club (which isn''t a loan, its been turned into shares) and she will be hurting just as much as we are, the reason we have turned against the board is because when we had money, we didn''t invest it properly into the playing squad, we had the perfect opportunity to bounce straight back up after we got relegated and we invested in the wrong things. Personally I don''t hate Delia Smith, I''m just pi$$ed off with the lack of ambition the board has shown since relegation from the Premiership, and yes I was one of the people singing sack the board at the Charlton match.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[quote user="stress makes Gunns vitiligo worse"]Isn''t it strange the ones who say ''f**k off then''  9/10 are already walking away.  [8-)][/quote]

Very. Were you there?

[/quote]Not on that occasion, but I''ve seen idiots like that during the Worthinton fall out.  Not necessarily at the protests but people exercising their right to opinion outside the ground, and ''brave hard men'' are shouting at them from across the road,  or they walk past half o'' dozen paces and then shout ''eff off''.  They make sure they''re way out of arms length so they don''t get a slap back.  Tough guys eh,  flucking pricks if you ask me.

i think that person was me (the one chanting sack the board anyway!) I honestly didnt see anyone getting angry with me but i heard a few shouting me to shut up.....but how anyone could defend that debarcle is beyond me my friend!

I wish that guy had got to me, i would have loved to have had the opportunity to discuss things amicably! lol

and as for the prices.....lets just say i feel short changed!

completely agree with this post. we have far too many happy clapping fans at this club. they were probably sitting in the valley / at the beam back getting excited about going for a tour of scotland watching us play our friendlies in sh*t grounds full of jocks and then the johnstone paint trophy. these fans make me sick and it is good i didnt go today as i would have probably ended up making one of these retards cry into their norwich city hankie

[quote user="ellis206"]Delias contribution and commitment to Norwich City isn''t, and shouldn''t be why the fans have turned against her (and the board), yes she has put a lot of money into the club (which isn''t a loan, its been turned into shares) and she will be hurting just as much as we are, the reason we have turned against the board is because when we had money, we didn''t invest it properly into the playing squad, we had the perfect opportunity to bounce straight back up after we got relegated and we invested in the wrong things. Personally I don''t hate Delia Smith, I''m just pi$$ed off with the lack of ambition the board has shown since relegation from the Premiership, and yes I was one of the people singing sack the board at the Charlton match. [/quote]This is probably one of the best posts I have read on the subject. Exactly how I feel..

I was at The Valley, and around me (E Block) there weren''t too many happy clappers. Lots of anti-board songs going round, and songs about fishy Charlton fans... Which was pretty amusing.

And, at the end of the game, there we plenty of booing and hand gestures in the direction of Delia and her cronies. So not as "happy clappy" as everyone thinks.

[quote user="A Gower"]

I was at The Valley, and around me (E Block) there weren''t too many happy clappers. Lots of anti-board songs going round, and songs about fishy Charlton fans... Which was pretty amusing.

And, at the end of the game, there we plenty of booing and hand gestures in the direction of Delia and her cronies. So not as "happy clappy" as everyone thinks.

[/quote]

Alot of happy clapping came from Delia and co in the directors area!! seemed like they were having a whale of a time!

I bet even the so called happy clapper fans are hurting over our relegation!

I''ll admit I''m a bit of a ground anorack like many others and I''ll tick of a few new grounds next seaason in League 1. - Does that make me a happy clapper!

I also can do with the 20% ST rebate I''ll be getting of the club!

That said I never thought I''d see Norwich in the 3rd tier again in my lifetime and am gutted but life goes on!

I find all the "sack the board" statement to be nonsense cause apart from Mumby and Doncaster who can be sacked cause they are employed by the club the others are the majority shareholders and theirs noone above them to sack them. Though the chants do help to get the message across that we aren''t happy!

The truth is the board know they''ve f*cked up and have wanted out for a while now but their hasn''t been a serious offer for their shares. If they left the club wouldn''t be able to continue very long cause it can''t survive without benefactors putting their own money into the club.

I can''t stand idiots who respond abusively to people giving their opinions. Yes by all means constructively argue the point in a civil manner but getting abusive is not on!

[quote user="A Gower"]

[/quote]

Bollocks. Not what i''ve heard.. 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I bet even the so called happy clapper fans are hurting over our relegation!

I''ll admit I''m a bit of a ground anorack like many others and I''ll tick of a few new grounds next seaason in League 1. - Does that make me a happy clapper!

I also can do with the 20% ST rebate I''ll be getting of the club!

That said I never thought I''d see Norwich in the 3rd tier again in my lifetime and am gutted but life goes on!

I find all the "sack the board" statement to be nonsense cause apart from Mumby and Doncaster who can be sacked cause they are employed by the club the others are the majority shareholders and theirs noone above them to sack them. Though the chants do help to get the message across that we aren''t happy!

The truth is the board know they''ve f*cked up and have wanted out for a while now but their hasn''t been a serious offer for their shares. If they left the club wouldn''t be able to continue very long cause it can''t survive without benefactors putting their own money into the club.

I can''t stand idiots who respond abusively to people giving their opinions. Yes by all means constructively argue the point in a civil manner but getting abusive is not on!

[/quote]

Wakey Wakey......[:@]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="A Gower"]

[/quote]

Bollocks. Not what i''ve heard.. 

[/quote]

It was what i saw after the game, and what i heard during the game. Not sure it was the same in other parts of the stand, but where i was it was definately like that.

Please don''t take this the wrong way, but you said it.... its what you "heard". As someone else who was at the game I back up A.Gower''s view completely.

CA, you must have had a few too many Smirnoffs yesterday afternoon, still you can make up for it today at the forum! Don''t get carried away and end up paying £200 for Fozzy''s shirt at the auction though, will you? lol

Ellis 206, I must admit I am stunned by your post, I always read your previous posts as being one of the more pro board people on this messageboard. Good for you re yesterday at Charlton. Can you give us some idea of the reaction you and the others got for singing it?

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Seconded, the idiot practically got right into my face after I''d dared to air my opinion. He asked me if I had £12m to invest into the club, to which I simply replied "No" and before I could say anything else I got "Well f**k off then!!", at which point the stewards intervened. There was just no need for it, surely everyone can see what her and the board have done to the club.

Except maybe those with rose-tinted specs!

[/quote]

The truth is Big Mark that the maths is simple. If you take an average admission price of £20 for a home game, times that by 25000 loyal fans gives you half a million quid. Times that by 23 home games, add a couple of cup games into the mix and you have got your £12 million. That is every season, not a one off.

So your answer to that idiot is "As a fan...YES, I do pump in £12m every year, just like you do...only you are happy to get nothing back for it"

Should have nutted him mate.

This is just one of many posts where we are turning on each other.  I was at the game, I chanted sack the board although not with as much enthusiasm as I shouted "you''re not fit to wear the shirt".  The great majoruty (including the board I suspect) believe that a change would be for the better, but that is a long way from hating a woman who is a true supporter of the club whatever mistakes have been made.  If our players had a fraction of her passion (or indeed a fraction of the passion of people on here) we wouldn''t be where we now are.

I daresay this won''t be the last time I have to write this but PLEASE can we not use this relegation as a stick to beat each other with.  We have differing opinions as to many issues but we all support our club and personal abuse is no way forward

I hear what you are saying Boot, and everyone of us has their own boiling point and the point where we loose all reason. The fanbase has been divided for years, long before the Worthy Out times. It was the same in the Chase Out times as well. There are fans for whoever is in charge, they can do no wrong, there are those who question certain actions, and those who just go for a game of football and don''t want to get involved in asking questions.

Over Delia''s time here there has been a marked rise in a badge of loyalty towards her for "saving" us, and coupled with a well oiled (and five full time employees in the Press Office) spin machine it''s not hard to see why there are reactions such as happened yesterday at the beamback.

Honestly, hand on heart I think it will be a long time before the majority of supporters see the club and how it should be run in the same way, if ever.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I hear what you are saying Boot, and everyone of us has their own boiling point and the point where we loose all reason. The fanbase has been divided for years, long before the Worthy Out times. It was the same in the Chase Out times as well. There are fans for whoever is in charge, they can do no wrong, there are those who question certain actions, and those who just go for a game of football and don''t want to get involved in asking questions. Over Delia''s time here there has been a marked rise in a badge of loyalty towards her for "saving" us, and coupled with a well oiled (and five full time employees in the Press Office) spin machine it''s not hard to see why there are reactions such as happened yesterday at the beamback. Honestly, hand on heart I think it will be a long time before the majority of supporters see the club and how it should be run in the same way, if ever.[/quote]

Perfect summisation if I may say so. I would just add that it is largely a modern phenomenon as there are few long term supporters who have sold their soul so shamefully.

Maybe when she goes they will too.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]CA, you must have had a few too many Smirnoffs yesterday afternoon, still you can make up for it today at the forum! Don''t get carried away and end up paying £200 for Fozzy''s shirt at the auction though, will you? lol[/quote]

Only had 2 Gazza before I got round yours for that tasty pizza and coffee. Won''t be bidding for any items they''ve had enough of my money this year but will be at the forum to say my piece as usual, hope loads of people turn up for that!!!!

Maybe we could reaarnge the stadium so that the happy clappers are all in the river end and the rest of us are in the other 3 ends [:)]