Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Who's out of contract .....

Best guesses to go ..

Marshall, Shackell, Bertrand, Leitger, Clingan, Croft, Mooney, Cureton, Gow .. oh dear ! Who said you cant win anything with kids !

OK, nobody seems to know, so I''ve had a look, Relevant players:Croft, Lappin, Cureton, Doc   30/06/09Marshall, Semmy, Dejan, Clingan, Russell     30/06/2010Drury, Hoolahan, Pattison      30/06/2011So first 4 can go. Anyone we''d want to resign? On what wages?Who, of the rest,  needs selling? - Bear wages/ playing in Div 1 in mind. Who COULD be sold? I reckon Marshall, Clingan, Hoolahan & Pattison will want out & could be sold for folding money. Possibly Russell as well. Patty & Rusty might be useful, but wages too high. Drury a problem - nobody else will pay his wages & he''s always injured.It''s looking like a big clear-out to me.

How much would Clingan be going for realistically? and do you think Fulham or any other Premier League teams will be in for him again?

[quote user="WACCOLO"]How much would Clingan be going for realistically? and do you think Fulham or any other Premier League teams will be in for him again?[/quote]I think the rumour was something like 3 million pounds in January. Didn''t do himself any harm with that free kick either.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="WACCOLO"]How much would Clingan be going for realistically? and do you think Fulham or any other Premier League teams will be in for him again?[/quote]I think the rumour was something like 3 million pounds in January. Didn''t do himself any harm with that free kick either.[/quote]Ok, thanks for that. Don''t expect to see him at Leicester then, hes always impressed when i''ve seen him, maybe looks better in a team thats not been doing very well (?), £3m would be very tidy money a year on from getting him for nothing, put £1m forward to the funds next season and you could form a decent team, if you go for promising, hungry players, rather than ex premier league looking for a final pay day, i.e Saunders from Dag & Red, Ritchie from Pompey and Simeon Jackson from Gills.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="WACCOLO"]How much would Clingan be going for realistically? and do you think Fulham or any other Premier League teams will be in for him again?[/quote]I think the rumour was something like 3 million pounds in January. Didn''t do himself any harm with that free kick either.[/quote]

so now half that!!!can see him in a wolves or brum team!!but if fulham are playing etuhu , anything can happen

[quote user="ron obvious"]

OK, nobody seems to know, so I''ve had a look, Relevant players:

Croft, Lappin, Cureton, Doc   30/06/09

Marshall, Semmy, Dejan, Clingan, Russell     30/06/2010

Drury, Hoolahan, Pattison      30/06/2011

So first 4 can go. Anyone we''d want to resign? On what wages?

Who, of the rest,  needs selling? - Bear wages/ playing in Div 1 in mind. Who COULD be sold?
 I reckon Marshall, Clingan, Hoolahan & Pattison will want out & could be sold for folding money. Possibly Russell as well. Patty & Rusty might be useful, but wages too high. Drury a problem - nobody else will pay his wages & he''s always injured.
It''s looking like a big clear-out to me.

[/quote]

i thought doc''s signed a 2 year deal last summer

[quote user="slackey"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]OK, nobody seems to know, so I''ve had a look, Relevant players:Croft, Lappin, Cureton, Doc   30/06/09Marshall, Semmy, Dejan, Clingan, Russell     30/06/2010Drury, Hoolahan, Pattison      30/06/2011So first 4 can go. Anyone we''d want to resign? On what wages?Who, of the rest,  needs selling? - Bear wages/ playing in Div 1 in mind. Who COULD be sold? I reckon Marshall, Clingan, Hoolahan & Pattison will want out & could be sold for folding money. Possibly Russell as well. Patty & Rusty might be useful, but wages too high. Drury a problem - nobody else will pay his wages & he''s always injured.It''s looking like a big clear-out to me.

[/quote]

i thought doc''s signed a 2 year deal last summer

[/quote]He did, Cureton also has another year left on his contract unfortunately. Those contracts stated above are not correct.

Of the furst team sqaud all contracts run until June 2010, with exception of Croft, Nelson who are up in June 2009. Spillane, Drury, Hoolahan and Pattison are until June 2011.

[quote user="JTG"]He did, Cureton also has another year left on his contract unfortunately. Those contracts stated above are not correct.[/quote]Curo only has until January on his contract, i asked him if he was off in the summer when i saw him in the City Shop and he said hes got until January.  Doc only signed a one year deal im 95% sure.

Who, of the rest,  needs selling? - Bear wages/ playing in Div 1 in mind. Who COULD be sold?
 I reckon Marshall, Clingan, Hoolahan & Pattison will want out & could be sold for folding money. Possibly Russell as well. Patty & Rusty might be useful, but wages too high. Drury a problem - nobody else will pay his wages & he''s always injured.

[/quote]

Doherty and Curo have another year yet, their contracts run out in June 2010

I may be hanging onto loose ends here but I think only 2/3 of the main players will leave. Who they are I hasten to guess.

Clingan only 2 seasons ago was playing League 1, and is already an international player. I doubt dropping a league will affect his status within the N.Ireland squad (Worthy is manager anyway, he can sympathise!). Whether that means Clingan wouldnt want to further his career next season is yet to be said, I hope he stays he has been awesome for us.

Croft, player of the season, may feel he owes us one more go at getting back into the Champsionship, clearly has the fans on his side with the trophy, although he may alternatively feel this is the highest point he can reach with Norwich, and leave on a personal high (albeit club low). Clearly Championship material.

Hoolahan would rip League 1, but Im not sure I see him as the type of person who would want to go back to League 1.

[/quote]

Have Jamie and Doc got 1 year extensions?  Suspect Jamie will enforce his.   Corft and lappin can and should go.  At least we will get some cash for Sammy,    Drury is an expensive keep though so would like to sell and reinvest both his fee and wages.  Wes would love to keep but probably cant.  Same with Doc.   Would sell russell too - and give semmy away.

[/quote]

Do you honestly think there are clubs out there that will pay good money for our no hopers? Dodgy Keeper no and the rest arn''t worth a light  

[quote user="WACCOLO"][quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="WACCOLO"]How much would Clingan be going for realistically? and do you think Fulham or any other Premier League teams will be in for him again?
[/quote]
I think the rumour was something like 3 million pounds in January. Didn''t do himself any harm with that free kick either.
[/quote]

Ok, thanks for that. Don''t expect to see him at Leicester then, hes always impressed when i''ve seen him, maybe looks better in a team thats not been doing very well (?), £3m would be very tidy money a year on from getting him for nothing, put £1m forward to the funds next season and you could form a decent team, if you go for promising, hungry players, rather than ex premier league looking for a final pay day, i.e Saunders from Dag & Red, Ritchie from Pompey and Simeon Jackson from Gills.
[/quote]

It would not surprise me if he has a 250K release clause !!

Thanks for the corrections. I got the info. off transfermarkt.co.uk - they''ve evidently missed the extensions.Think Curo''s might finish next Jan. (the above site had him finishing end Jan. this year).