Sign in to follow this  
Stany

lower league talent

I know other posts are suggesting about future transfer targets, but we can now scour the lower leagues for rough diamonds and polish them. I know finances may be an issue, but we will have the pulling power for young lower league players with 18,000 fans guaranteed every home game.

The same names always get mentioned such as Rickie Lambert and Simon Cox, we won''t be able to afford these. Players to potentially target could be; Neil Eardley from Oldham, Chris Taylor from Oldham, Mitchell Cole and Steve Morrison Stevenage, Adam Barrett, Peter Clarke, Anthony Grant Southend, Mark Yeates Colchester, Troy Deeney Walsall, Albert Adomah Barnet, Joe Anyon Port Vale has a broken leg atm. These are just a few who haven''t been discussed. Anymore gems to snap up?

i would''nt buy cox i''d buy lambert because i reckon him and mcdonald would be a good partnership

if we get a bit of cash from the FIRESALE that WILL happen at NCFC...we are still a very attractive club to play for and i would hope alot of the lower league talent would want to play for us....but hey we all know the board will sell and then we get in loannees......GOD PLEASE HELP US

The club has always had a more successful history of bringing in lower league talent on the way up with something to prove than higher league players on the way down, apart from the odd exception (Hucks etc). I hope we are going to move back to doing this again.

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Gary Holt still plying his trade?[/quote]

Gary Hot has just been promoted with Wycombe.

So we will see him next season

We wont escape league one with young raw talent.   Look at the size and experience of the leicester promoted team.  We need a core of big physical strong (mentally and physically) players who can stand up for themselves supplemented by 3/4 youngsters of a similar mentality.

Buying cheap and using our youth prospects will not be enough next season.  

[quote user="Yella ''N'' Green Blood"]I know other posts are suggesting about future transfer targets, but we can now scour the lower leagues for rough diamonds and polish them. I know finances may be an issue, but we will have the pulling power for young lower league players with 18,000 fans guaranteed every home game. The same names always get mentioned such as Rickie Lambert and Simon Cox, we won''t be able to afford these. Players to potentially target could be; Neil Eardley from Oldham, Chris Taylor from Oldham, Mitchell Cole and Steve Morrison Stevenage, Adam Barrett, Peter Clarke, Anthony Grant Southend, Mark Yeates Colchester, Troy Deeney Walsall, Albert Adomah Barnet, Joe Anyon Port Vale has a broken leg atm. These are just a few who haven''t been discussed. Anymore gems to snap up

All very well and good, but we have some very good players in the youth team, finished 2nd in the league, cup quarter finals beat Arsenal away, some of those Arsenal kids turn out with the big boys on many occasions, our lads are good enough, lets bring some of them through and trim our own rough diamonds,  

This is what I would be looking at!http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_5244836,00.htmlMore our price range.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

We wont escape league one with young raw talent.   Look at the size and experience of the leicester promoted team.  We need a core of big physical strong (mentally and physically) players who can stand up for themselves supplemented by 3/4 youngsters of a similar mentality.

Buying cheap and using our youth prospects will not be enough next season.  

[/quote]

I agree it''s going to be really tough to come back next season but Leicesters squad had alot of regulars who are young players in it Mattock (19), Gradel (22), Morrison (20), Hobbs (20), King (21), Ajdarevic (18), Adams (22) Fryatt (23) which were then supplement by really senior players like Brown (31), Clemence (32), Powell (38), Oakley (30), Berner (33), Howard (31).

I see no reason our kids cant emulate the same level as theirs Spillane (19), Martin (20), Macdonald (22), Smith (18) Daley (19) Rudd (18) and one or two young prospects brought in from league 1 or 2. Where i really worry is the quality of our senior players and which ones we are left with it maybe that only Stephanovic (34) and Drury (31) are still here by the start of the season. Lee (30) would be just as good as Howard in league one if he was to sign, but whoever is manager has got to bring in the right sort of older players. I dont think Leicester spent much, most of their senior players were brought in on free''s and we are going to have to do the same, if we are going to spend any money let it be on the lower league prospects.

How about Barry "Six Pies" McNally. He plays for my local pub team, he''s 5''9 and weighs about 16 stone, hes our centre back and a right big ba*tard.He gives away less penos than Doc and could probably be signed for a 6 pack of guiness and a Cornish Pasty.Bargin if you ask me.

yellow beagle is spot on, your youngsters can easily develop and be key players for you next season with a few loans and experience heads. And Cox will be in the top 2 divisions and is valued at 2m, lambert will cost near a million and championship clubs want him, too.Possible targets: Sam Saunders - winger - Dag & RedMatt Ritchie - mid - PompeyAndy Bishop - BuryNicky Adams - LeicesterTom Craddock - LutonReuben Reid - RotherhamLe Fondre - RochdaleAkinfenwa - NorthamptonJennings - TranmereTheo Robinson - WatfordOwain fon Williams - StockportO''hanlon - Mk dons

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Gary Holt still plying his trade?[/quote]

Yes, he''s here at Wycombe - we will be up against him next year. Has been an important part of Wycombe''s promotion, still runs all day long.....

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]How about Barry "Six Pies" McNally. He plays for my local pub team, he''s 5''9 and weighs about 16 stone, hes our centre back and a right big ba*tard.
He gives away less penos than Doc and could probably be signed for a 6 pack of guiness and a Cornish Pasty.
Bargin if you ask me.
[/quote]LOL