Sign in to follow this  
Barclay hero

Lets finish with all this negativity

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote]Cullums a non-starter - Towergate group is struggling[/quote]

Cullum probably is a non-starter but last I heard Towergate wasn''t struggling. Didn''t they renegotiate their loans and make a £100mill profit last year?

I might have that wrong but I''m sure thats the case.

[/quote]I think the last set of figures for Towergate may prove to be a wee bit misleading… sadly! Unless I''m mistaken, one of his biggest clients has jumped ship and that will make a big dent in Towergate''s fortunes and set of accounts. I take no joy in that, but it may go some way to explaining his distancing himself and most recently his complete withdrawal from the battlefield.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

City-til I-die

Thanks for that - agree its a disgrace, but its done and theres not a lot we can do about the past except learn from it.  Im realistic to know the club needs to change and there are people involved with the club that don''t deserve to be, but Ive followed Norwich since I went to my first game aged 8 and I always will do.  I want to see us win stuff, but rarely happens.

In response to other posts, I''m not a club employee, Im not Delia (I can cook better than her!) nor am I Doomcaster....I''m a p@@@@d off fan, same as you are but I''m trying to keep positive through all this.  I''m too young to remember Norwich as a Div 3 club, and its a crp feeling.  Maybe I will go to hell, I certainly havent got my head up anyones backside but I will follow City wherever they go

[/quote]

Do you not believe that 25000 fans deserve better?

Mister Chops, you''d fit right in as a Newcastle fan, y''know. Yes we deserve better, but crowd size has never determined anything in football.

The OP is just about the best post i''ve ever read on the Pinkun forum. How refreshing to see someone with a similar attitude, for once.

Yes, relegation is a kick in the teeth, and yes, there needs to be changes. But it''s not the ''death of our club'' any more than relegation from the Premier was back in 95. We''ll be back... someday.

OTBC!

In Wiz''s defense, there''s not really too much to be happy or positive about these days.

He does need to get his head out of his arse and stop accusing people who disagree with him of being employees of the club though.

Ok things don''t look so bright today but I think it is a bit harsh to imply that everybody that tries to be positive wants to be carted off to the closest lunatic asylum! everyone has their own opinion and as far as i''m concerned we should not shoot down fellow fans for trying to positive.

On the plus side at least me and missus didn''t need to run around the block in our undies as I said we would if we stayed up, although this would have a small price to pay!

The puke still continues to gush from the squeakies........

No wonder we are a laughing stock these days.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Club employee/Munby/Delia alert!

Go to hell.[:@]

[/quote]

You''re already there.The Clod and the Pebble"Love seeketh not itself to please,Nor for itself hath any care,But for another gives its ease,And builds a heaven in hell''s despair."So sung a little Clod of Clay,Trodden with the cattle''s feet,But a Pebble of the brookWarbled out these metres meet:"Love seeketh only Self to please,To bind another to its delight,Joys in another''s loss of ease,And builds a hell in heaven''s despite."                       - Wm. Blake

"The puke still continues to gush from the squeakies........

No wonder we are a laughing stock these days". 

Now I wonder who that relates to?  How many turned up?

I''m annoyed and upset. Probably no more so than 25 or 30 thousand people that follow Norwich, but my annoyance is not just with the team but some of the media and fellow fans.

I''m annoyed because there are some people that think relegation to League 1 spells the end of
Norwich City. These people think that our demise to League Two and beyond is inevitable. And many have questioned why they bother following a team when the players don''t turn up.

I''ve got a message for these people

1) Football goes in cycles. Wolves won the Championship this season and well done to them, but I can remember them as a Divison 4 side (in fact I saw a Div 4 match between
Preston and Wolves in 1988). Likewise Blackpool fans over a certain age can remember their team challenging regularly for major honours, and Forest''s European wins were not really that long ago. Likewise, Wigan only came into the league in 78, Hull nearly got relegated from the league back in the 90s and theyre both in the Prem. Norwich Fans 50 years ago would only have dared to dream about top flight - for the Cup Run side of 59, it would be another 13 years before their club got promoted to the old Div 1. So its our turn to be a lower league side again. We''ll be back, it might take a few years, but it WILL happen. In the meantime - live with it, and carry on supporting the club - it needs you.

2) Prudence without Ambition maybe - but at least prudence means we still have a club. Look at
Southampton - they could be out of business before next season starts, at least we still have a club to support

3) I''m City Til I Die - that means I will follow the Club until I''m in a box. If the club ends up in the Conference or below, I''ll still follow them. If they go out of business then I''ll do all I can to help get the club restarted again - just as Aldershots fans did (and for that matter Newport). Those guys never gave up, and in the case of the Shots theyre back

4) Is being in League One so bad? We’ve now got a chance of ''Giant Killing''
Peterborough, not to mention Ipswich. Chances are we''ll win more games than we lose - and that has to be better.

5) In 30 odd years following the Canaries I''ve seen us get promoted 3 times, relegated 5 times, reach a playoff final, win the Milk Cup and get to 2 FA Cup Semis. I''ve seen us beat Bayern Munich and lose to Barnet in 2-legged cup competitions. There have been plenty of lows, but lots of highs too. I''d rather have that than mid-table obscurity in the Prem - what can
Bolton and Wigan fans actually look forward to? They''ll never win the league, and probably won''t win the cups either - they might qualify for Europe but won''t get beyond the QFs - and they won''t go down. Whilst I''m not belittling those clubs - they do pretty well to regularly survive in a very tough league - I think I''d rather have seasons of ups and seasons of downs rather than lots of nothingness....

6) Finally - those people that do walk away at the moment the club needs you (and I''ve heard people threatening to do this) - you''re no more fit to wear the shirt than some of those players out there today. If you follow the club only when its moderately successful and has the chance of promotion to the Prem and a home league game against Man U, then we''re better off without you. The club will survive and do well again because of the many thousands of fans that will keep it going

On the Ball City, never mind the danger.....

[/quote]

Frightening post. Well intentioned, sure, and moderate in tone; but still, frightening. You think the chance of ''giantkilling'' Peterborough United is something to be cheerful about? It''s embarrassing and humiliating. You might''ve seen plenty of ups and downs in your 30 years as a fan: but supporters since the mid-90s have seen very little but decline overseen by the same shower of incompetents and amateurs. What must it be like for someone who became a City fan in, say, 1994? Three relegations, an enormous amount of mediocrity and dross, one promotion which we swiftly messed up, and a Cup record that is a complete disgrace.

Sorry pal - but I''d rather this club was professionally run, employed managers with decent track records, spent money on the team, not bricks and mortar, and above all, punched its weight. At the very least, that means a good Championship club, regularly challenging for and reaching the top 6, and possibly, if run really well and built from the grassroots upwards over time, establishing itself in the Premier League at some stage. It does not mean some bizarre cult worshipping our celebrity owner, a board with zero footballing knowledge whatsoever, spin and sophistry from the Chief Executive, ridiculous managerial appointments, a Chairman who compared our vain attempt to survive in the Prem with the 1959 Cup run, and a club which has no interest whatever in being successful, and every interest on blaming its failure on anything but itself.

Unless there are massive changes at the club, there''s nothing inevitable about us bouncing back at all. I''d be as hopeful as you if the board ever learnt from their mistakes and appointed someone who actually knows what he''s doing; but they don''t. The club has to pay off £2.5m by December 2010: in League 1, where do you think that money''s going to come from? And administration could quite easily leave us stuck in the bottom two tiers for many years, at a time when football is changing rapidly and even Championship clubs could pull too far clear for us ever to catch them up again. You say you know changes need to be made; then go on to buy a great deal of the nonsense we are completely spun. You say you''d rather Bryan Gunn wasn''t appointed; then say if he is, you''ll still be there regardless, because you''re "City Til You Die".

If the board knows it can take us for granted forever, where''s the pressure for them to change? Where''s the accountability? How long before fans are just parrotting the same line about us not even being able to compete with Championship clubs because of "the evil money men who''ve ruined football"? This club is sinking and shrinking. You and I both love it to bits; but I think we have to stand up now and say what needs to be said if the position we''re in this morning isn''t to get far worse.

I agree with you on almost every point. It is sad that so many people on this forum want to call you names simply because you try to be rational and find positives to build on.

It is an incredibly painful position for the club and fans to be in right now, but we won''t get anywhere through destructively insulting each other. Whichever team runs out on the first day of the League One season next year, we need to greet them with a barrage of gutsy support - this could be a 12th, 13th and 14th man in League One, with other teams relying on crowds of under 10''000. Let''s make the massive difference in fan numbers count. That is the best way to make sure that this club does not crumble. If things don''t go well next season, the fans will have to take some of the blame if they are not cheering on the yellow and green.

These constant calls to sack everything that moves, although stemming from understandable frustration, are unlikely to bring any lasting benefit to the club. We could sack everyone to do with this club, and replace it with almost 100% new faces at every level. But to be honest, we wouldn''t be supporting Norwich City then - there needs to be some level of continuity, or we won''t even recognise our own club. And this has been one of the major problems in the last couple of seasons - that we can''t recognise our own club due to constant changes in personnel. This, for me, has been the most depressing thing about being a City fan over this time - indeed, I would almost go so far to say that it has hurt more than relegation to have a squad made up of players I can''t even recognise led by a manager (Roeder) who has seemed to have no respect for the fans or the fine heritage of the club.

I''m annoyed and upset. Probably no more so than 25 or 30 thousand people that follow Norwich, but my annoyance is not just with the team but some of the media and fellow fans.I''m annoyed because there are some people that think relegation to League 1 spells the end of Norwich City. These people think that our demise to League Two and beyond is inevitable. And many have questioned why they bother following a team when the players don''t turn up.I''ve got a message for these people

[/quote]I''ve got a message for you.The only way to end the negativity surrounding the club is to make them see where they have gone wrong, how they have run this club into the ground and why we are now in the third division for the first time in fifty years.  And if they learn this, and change things, then the negativity will end.What you are advocating is forelock-tugging, non-questioning acceptance of the status quo, and I will absolutely not settle for that.

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Club employee/Munby/Delia alert!

Go to hell.[:@]

[/quote]

you f**k off your never happy, or positive!!

[/quote]

I don''t know why but I found this comment funny. I think it was just the way it read when I first saw it.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

I''m annoyed and upset. Probably no more so than 25 or 30 thousand people that follow Norwich, but my annoyance is not just with the team but some of the media and fellow fans.

I''m annoyed because there are some people that think relegation to League 1 spells the end of
Norwich City. These people think that our demise to League Two and beyond is inevitable. And many have questioned why they bother following a team when the players don''t turn up.

I''ve got a message for these people

1) Football goes in cycles. Wolves won the Championship this season and well done to them, but I can remember them as a Divison 4 side (in fact I saw a Div 4 match between
Preston and Wolves in 1988). Likewise Blackpool fans over a certain age can remember their team challenging regularly for major honours, and Forest''s European wins were not really that long ago. Likewise, Wigan only came into the league in 78, Hull nearly got relegated from the league back in the 90s and theyre both in the Prem. Norwich Fans 50 years ago would only have dared to dream about top flight - for the Cup Run side of 59, it would be another 13 years before their club got promoted to the old Div 1. So its our turn to be a lower league side again. We''ll be back, it might take a few years, but it WILL happen. In the meantime - live with it, and carry on supporting the club - it needs you.

2) Prudence without Ambition maybe - but at least prudence means we still have a club. Look at
Southampton - they could be out of business before next season starts, at least we still have a club to support

3) I''m City Til I Die - that means I will follow the Club until I''m in a box. If the club ends up in the Conference or below, I''ll still follow them. If they go out of business then I''ll do all I can to help get the club restarted again - just as Aldershots fans did (and for that matter Newport). Those guys never gave up, and in the case of the Shots theyre back

4) Is being in League One so bad? We’ve now got a chance of ''Giant Killing''
Peterborough, not to mention Ipswich. Chances are we''ll win more games than we lose - and that has to be better.

5) In 30 odd years following the Canaries I''ve seen us get promoted 3 times, relegated 5 times, reach a playoff final, win the Milk Cup and get to 2 FA Cup Semis. I''ve seen us beat Bayern Munich and lose to Barnet in 2-legged cup competitions. There have been plenty of lows, but lots of highs too. I''d rather have that than mid-table obscurity in the Prem - what can
Bolton and Wigan fans actually look forward to? They''ll never win the league, and probably won''t win the cups either - they might qualify for Europe but won''t get beyond the QFs - and they won''t go down. Whilst I''m not belittling those clubs - they do pretty well to regularly survive in a very tough league - I think I''d rather have seasons of ups and seasons of downs rather than lots of nothingness....

6) Finally - those people that do walk away at the moment the club needs you (and I''ve heard people threatening to do this) - you''re no more fit to wear the shirt than some of those players out there today. If you follow the club only when its moderately successful and has the chance of promotion to the Prem and a home league game against Man U, then we''re better off without you. The club will survive and do well again because of the many thousands of fans that will keep it going

On the Ball City, never mind the danger.....

[/quote]

Good post, and welcome to the forum. While change has to happen in the boardroom and the dug out,you have hit the nail on the head. A true fan sticks with their team through thick and thin (and it doesn''t get much thinner than this).

[/quote]

Does a true fan sit by idly and watch their own club self destruct itself and say nothing. I''d rather be in the premiership in mid table rather than staring league 1 with the chance of winning a Johnstone Paint trophy competition. Portsmouth and Cardiff battled out the FA Cup last year,hardly the top 4 of the premiership but 2 teams prepared to go all out for a trophy. Whereas we haven''t got past round 3 and also losing to teams contesting the JPT aswell,what needs to be changed is the mentality at the club which is only going to come from changes from the top!!

I sit here and view this thread, and the image of Arnold J Rimmer - pontificating about his ''major leaflet campaign'' in the polymorph episode - will not leave my mind. Quite why I really don''t know.........

[quote user="astrodyne"]I sit here and view this thread, and the image of Arnold J Rimmer - pontificating about his ''major leaflet campaign'' in the polymorph episode - will not leave my mind. Quite why I really don''t know.........[/quote]''c.l.i.t.o.r.i.s.'' Love that episode.