Sign in to follow this  
Barclay hero

Lets finish with all this negativity

I''m annoyed and upset. Probably no more so than 25 or 30 thousand people that follow Norwich, but my annoyance is not just with the team but some of the media and fellow fans.

I''m annoyed because there are some people that think relegation to League 1 spells the end of
Norwich City. These people think that our demise to League Two and beyond is inevitable. And many have questioned why they bother following a team when the players don''t turn up.

I''ve got a message for these people

1) Football goes in cycles. Wolves won the Championship this season and well done to them, but I can remember them as a Divison 4 side (in fact I saw a Div 4 match between
Preston and Wolves in 1988). Likewise Blackpool fans over a certain age can remember their team challenging regularly for major honours, and Forest''s European wins were not really that long ago. Likewise, Wigan only came into the league in 78, Hull nearly got relegated from the league back in the 90s and theyre both in the Prem. Norwich Fans 50 years ago would only have dared to dream about top flight - for the Cup Run side of 59, it would be another 13 years before their club got promoted to the old Div 1. So its our turn to be a lower league side again. We''ll be back, it might take a few years, but it WILL happen. In the meantime - live with it, and carry on supporting the club - it needs you.

2) Prudence without Ambition maybe - but at least prudence means we still have a club. Look at
Southampton - they could be out of business before next season starts, at least we still have a club to support

3) I''m City Til I Die - that means I will follow the Club until I''m in a box. If the club ends up in the Conference or below, I''ll still follow them. If they go out of business then I''ll do all I can to help get the club restarted again - just as Aldershots fans did (and for that matter Newport). Those guys never gave up, and in the case of the Shots theyre back

4) Is being in League One so bad? We’ve now got a chance of ''Giant Killing''
Peterborough, not to mention Ipswich. Chances are we''ll win more games than we lose - and that has to be better.

5) In 30 odd years following the Canaries I''ve seen us get promoted 3 times, relegated 5 times, reach a playoff final, win the Milk Cup and get to 2 FA Cup Semis. I''ve seen us beat Bayern Munich and lose to Barnet in 2-legged cup competitions. There have been plenty of lows, but lots of highs too. I''d rather have that than mid-table obscurity in the Prem - what can
Bolton and Wigan fans actually look forward to? They''ll never win the league, and probably won''t win the cups either - they might qualify for Europe but won''t get beyond the QFs - and they won''t go down. Whilst I''m not belittling those clubs - they do pretty well to regularly survive in a very tough league - I think I''d rather have seasons of ups and seasons of downs rather than lots of nothingness....

6) Finally - those people that do walk away at the moment the club needs you (and I''ve heard people threatening to do this) - you''re no more fit to wear the shirt than some of those players out there today. If you follow the club only when its moderately successful and has the chance of promotion to the Prem and a home league game against Man U, then we''re better off without you. The club will survive and do well again because of the many thousands of fans that will keep it going

On the Ball City, never mind the danger.....

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

I''m annoyed and upset. Probably no more so than 25 or 30 thousand people that follow Norwich, but my annoyance is not just with the team but some of the media and fellow fans.I''m annoyed because there are some people that think relegation to League 1 spells the end of Norwich City. These people think that our demise to League Two and beyond is inevitable. And many have questioned why they bother following a team when the players don''t turn up.I''ve got a message for these people1) Football goes in cycles. Wolves won the Championship this season and well done to them, but I can remember them as a Divison 4 side (in fact I saw a Div 4 match between Preston and Wolves in 1988). Likewise Blackpool fans over a certain age can remember their team challenging regularly for major honours, and Forest''s European wins were not really that long ago. Likewise, Wigan only came into the league in 78, Hull nearly got relegated from the league back in the 90s and theyre both in the Prem. Norwich Fans 50 years ago would only have dared to dream about top flight - for the Cup Run side of 59, it would be another 13 years before their club got promoted to the old Div 1. So its our turn to be a lower league side again. We''ll be back, it might take a few years, but it WILL happen. In the meantime - live with it, and carry on supporting the club - it needs you. 2) Prudence without Ambition maybe - but at least prudence means we still have a club. Look at Southampton - they could be out of business before next season starts, at least we still have a club to support

3) I''m City Til I Die - that means I will follow the Club until I''m in a box. If the club ends up in the Conference or below, I''ll still follow them. If they go out of business then I''ll do all I can to help get the club restarted again - just as Aldershots fans did (and for that matter Newport). Those guys never gave up, and in the case of the Shots theyre back4) Is being in League One so bad? We’ve now got a chance of ''Giant Killing'' Peterborough, not to mention Ipswich. Chances are we''ll win more games than we lose - and that has to be better.5) In 30 odd years following the Canaries I''ve seen us get promoted 3 times, relegated 5 times, reach a playoff final, win the Milk Cup and get to 2 FA Cup Semis. I''ve seen us beat Bayern Munich and lose to Barnet in 2-legged cup competitions. There have been plenty of lows, but lots of highs too. I''d rather have that than mid-table obscurity in the Prem - what can Bolton and Wigan fans actually look forward to? They''ll never win the league, and probably won''t win the cups either - they might qualify for Europe but won''t get beyond the QFs - and they won''t go down. Whilst I''m not belittling those clubs - they do pretty well to regularly survive in a very tough league - I think I''d rather have seasons of ups and seasons of downs rather than lots of nothingness....6) Finally - those people that do walk away at the moment the club needs you (and I''ve heard people threatening to do this) - you''re no more fit to wear the shirt than some of those players out there today. If you follow the club only when its moderately successful and has the chance of promotion to the Prem and a home league game against Man U, then we''re better off without you. The club will survive and do well again because of the many thousands of fans that will keep it goingOn the Ball City, never mind the danger.....

[/quote]Oh dear....another one with his head up his a***!

I''m annoyed and upset. Probably no more so than 25 or 30 thousand people that follow Norwich, but my annoyance is not just with the team but some of the media and fellow fans.

I''m annoyed because there are some people that think relegation to League 1 spells the end of
Norwich City. These people think that our demise to League Two and beyond is inevitable. And many have questioned why they bother following a team when the players don''t turn up.

1) Football goes in cycles. Wolves won the Championship this season and well done to them, but I can remember them as a Divison 4 side (in fact I saw a Div 4 match between
Preston and Wolves in 1988). Likewise Blackpool fans over a certain age can remember their team challenging regularly for major honours, and Forest''s European wins were not really that long ago. Likewise, Wigan only came into the league in 78, Hull nearly got relegated from the league back in the 90s and theyre both in the Prem. Norwich Fans 50 years ago would only have dared to dream about top flight - for the Cup Run side of 59, it would be another 13 years before their club got promoted to the old Div 1. So its our turn to be a lower league side again. We''ll be back, it might take a few years, but it WILL happen. In the meantime - live with it, and carry on supporting the club - it needs you.

2) Prudence without Ambition maybe - but at least prudence means we still have a club. Look at
Southampton - they could be out of business before next season starts, at least we still have a club to support

3) I''m City Til I Die - that means I will follow the Club until I''m in a box. If the club ends up in the Conference or below, I''ll still follow them. If they go out of business then I''ll do all I can to help get the club restarted again - just as Aldershots fans did (and for that matter Newport). Those guys never gave up, and in the case of the Shots theyre back

Peterborough, not to mention Ipswich. Chances are we''ll win more games than we lose - and that has to be better.

5) In 30 odd years following the Canaries I''ve seen us get promoted 3 times, relegated 5 times, reach a playoff final, win the Milk Cup and get to 2 FA Cup Semis. I''ve seen us beat Bayern Munich and lose to Barnet in 2-legged cup competitions. There have been plenty of lows, but lots of highs too. I''d rather have that than mid-table obscurity in the Prem - what can
Bolton and Wigan fans actually look forward to? They''ll never win the league, and probably won''t win the cups either - they might qualify for Europe but won''t get beyond the QFs - and they won''t go down. Whilst I''m not belittling those clubs - they do pretty well to regularly survive in a very tough league - I think I''d rather have seasons of ups and seasons of downs rather than lots of nothingness....

6) Finally - those people that do walk away at the moment the club needs you (and I''ve heard people threatening to do this) - you''re no more fit to wear the shirt than some of those players out there today. If you follow the club only when its moderately successful and has the chance of promotion to the Prem and a home league game against Man U, then we''re better off without you. The club will survive and do well again because of the many thousands of fans that will keep it going

[/quote]

Good post, and welcome to the forum. While change has to happen in the boardroom and the dug out,you have hit the nail on the head. A true fan sticks with their team through thick and thin (and it doesn''t get much thinner than this).

i think what 1ST WIZ is trying to say is...we have a right to be pi$$ed off to see the club in the position it is in...with the sell out crowds and the money made from player transfers...we should not even be in the bottom half of the championship let alone in DIV 3.....its a fooking discrace(excuse my french)

I''m annoyed and upset. Probably no more so than 25 or 30 thousand people that follow Norwich, but my annoyance is not just with the team but some of the media and fellow fans.I''m annoyed because there are some people that think relegation to League 1 spells the end of Norwich City. These people think that our demise to League Two and beyond is inevitable. And many have questioned why they bother following a team when the players don''t turn up.I''ve got a message for these people1) Football goes in cycles. Wolves won the Championship this season and well done to them, but I can remember them as a Divison 4 side (in fact I saw a Div 4 match between Preston and Wolves in 1988). Likewise Blackpool fans over a certain age can remember their team challenging regularly for major honours, and Forest''s European wins were not really that long ago. Likewise, Wigan only came into the league in 78, Hull nearly got relegated from the league back in the 90s and theyre both in the Prem. Norwich Fans 50 years ago would only have dared to dream about top flight - for the Cup Run side of 59, it would be another 13 years before their club got promoted to the old Div 1. So its our turn to be a lower league side again. We''ll be back, it might take a few years, but it WILL happen. In the meantime - live with it, and carry on supporting the club - it needs you. 2) Prudence without Ambition maybe - but at least prudence means we still have a club. Look at Southampton - they could be out of business before next season starts, at least we still have a club to support

3) I''m City Til I Die - that means I will follow the Club until I''m in a box. If the club ends up in the Conference or below, I''ll still follow them. If they go out of business then I''ll do all I can to help get the club restarted again - just as Aldershots fans did (and for that matter Newport). Those guys never gave up, and in the case of the Shots theyre back4) Is being in League One so bad? We’ve now got a chance of ''Giant Killing'' Peterborough, not to mention Ipswich. Chances are we''ll win more games than we lose - and that has to be better.5) In 30 odd years following the Canaries I''ve seen us get promoted 3 times, relegated 5 times, reach a playoff final, win the Milk Cup and get to 2 FA Cup Semis. I''ve seen us beat Bayern Munich and lose to Barnet in 2-legged cup competitions. There have been plenty of lows, but lots of highs too. I''d rather have that than mid-table obscurity in the Prem - what can Bolton and Wigan fans actually look forward to? They''ll never win the league, and probably won''t win the cups either - they might qualify for Europe but won''t get beyond the QFs - and they won''t go down. Whilst I''m not belittling those clubs - they do pretty well to regularly survive in a very tough league - I think I''d rather have seasons of ups and seasons of downs rather than lots of nothingness....6) Finally - those people that do walk away at the moment the club needs you (and I''ve heard people threatening to do this) - you''re no more fit to wear the shirt than some of those players out there today. If you follow the club only when its moderately successful and has the chance of promotion to the Prem and a home league game against Man U, then we''re better off without you. The club will survive and do well again because of the many thousands of fans that will keep it goingOn the Ball City, never mind the danger.....

[/quote]This exact post was made on the BBC 606 Forums yesterday - I posted a link to it.

[/quote]

I pretty much heard this yesterday on Canary call, i assume you are the same prat from there too.

[quote]We''ll be back, it might take a few years, but it WILL happen. In the meantime - live with it, and carry on supporting the club - it needs you.[/quote]

I''d like to point out that some clubs have gone into oblivion since they dropped down leagues - Wimbledon for one, Exeter very nearly disappeared too, Oxford have dropped down 3 leagues in the last 10 years or so (now in the BSP).

And most of us are perfectly savvy with supporting the club but the board must go. Don''t get the anti-board stance confused with not supporting the club.

[quote]Prudence without Ambition maybe - but at least prudence means we still have a club[/quote]

You sound like Neil Doncaster here

[quote]Chances are we''ll win more games than we lose[/quote]

How did you come to that conclusion? The squad is League 1/2 standard as it is and has plenty of holes in it too.

City-til I-die

Thanks for that - agree its a disgrace, but its done and theres not a lot we can do about the past except learn from it.  Im realistic to know the club needs to change and there are people involved with the club that don''t deserve to be, but Ive followed Norwich since I went to my first game aged 8 and I always will do.  I want to see us win stuff, but rarely happens.

In response to other posts, I''m not a club employee, Im not Delia (I can cook better than her!) nor am I Doomcaster....I''m a p@@@@d off fan, same as you are but I''m trying to keep positive through all this.  I''m too young to remember Norwich as a Div 3 club, and its a crp feeling.  Maybe I will go to hell, I certainly havent got my head up anyones backside but I will follow City wherever they go

[/quote]

wait.. you are right! your post has inspired me and the board are wonderful.. on the way up we go!

go away!!!.

jas :)

[/quote]

Good post!

Yes this is a new low the club hasn''t seen since 1960 but life goes and Norwich City will comeback from this but the time scale maybe a few more years than we''d like!

Although fans have every right to be thoroughly p*ssed off at this moment in time when the events from this season and every season since we got promoted into the Premiership are taken into account!

Its a free Country so if people choose to desert the club then thats their perrogative but we''ll then see who the out and out 100% City till I die fans are. When the club gets back on track which it will eventually all the fans who jumped on the play off final/title winning bandwagon and now want to drift away will be back!

Barclay hero will still be trotting out the same old rubbish when League 2 football arrives at Carrow Road, as it surely will if Delia and the rest of her cronies remain in charge. Its complacent fans like you who have given the green light to the buffoons who have led us into this mess. Take a reality check because if Delia remains it will be more of the same, extreme prudence with no ambition, and no club!

[/quote]

Why, because it has all been a bad dream. Norwich will storm the 1st Division and return to their rightful place, struggling in the Championship. You plonker.

[quote user="Spartan"]Barclay hero will still be trotting out the same old rubbish when League 2 football arrives at Carrow Road, as it surely will if Delia and the rest of her cronies remain in charge. Its complacent fans like you who have given the green light to the buffoons who have led us into this mess. Take a reality check because if Delia remains it will be more of the same, extreme prudence with no ambition, and no club![/quote]

But that it isn''t what he''s saying. At no point in his post does he defend the board. He''s talking about fans supporting the club, which I fully agree with. I think some of the responses to him have been based on what people read into his post not what he''s actually said. If I''ve mistaken him and he IS defending the board then I''ve got it wrong, but I genuinely don''t think he is.

At the moment it''s all very highly charged because we''re all upset, and looking for targets to hit out at, but I genuinely believe the guy has been misinterpreted. Perhaps Barclay Hero could clarify?

City-til I-die

Thanks for that - agree its a disgrace, but its done and theres not a lot we can do about the past except learn from it.  Im realistic to know the club needs to change and there are people involved with the club that don''t deserve to be, but Ive followed Norwich since I went to my first game aged 8 and I always will do.  I want to see us win stuff, but rarely happens.

In response to other posts, I''m not a club employee, Im not Delia (I can cook better than her!) nor am I Doomcaster....I''m a p@@@@d off fan, same as you are but I''m trying to keep positive through all this.  I''m too young to remember Norwich as a Div 3 club, and its a crp feeling.  Maybe I will go to hell, I certainly havent got my head up anyones backside but I will follow City wherever they go

[/quote]

Great, enjoy the blue square in two years time![:S]

Lol I haven''t posted regularly on here for about 3 or 4 years and some things just never change.

Still the same whiners whining.

Football can go in cycles -- but that fact alone will not keep us safe even in League One. The teams that have reversed their fortunes have done something about it. As things stand, the only cycle I expect is the repetition of what we''ve done since our relegation from the Prem. Maybe finising mid-table in our first L1 season if we can keep some of our better players, then gradualy losing anyone with Championship ambition after they find out that this club is going nowhere, and gravitating towards League Two. 

Cambridge utd

Oxford utd

Wrexham

Luton Town

All the above are teams/grounds that I''ve visited as a Norwich away fan, and all in the old divisions 1/2.(premier/championship)

All the above now ply their trade in the Blue square.  Dont believe it can''t happen because it can and has to all the above.

[quote user="morty"]

Lol I haven''t posted regularly on here for about 3 or 4 years and some things just never change.

[/quote]

It hasn''t hit home to you yet has it. Or maybe it has but you''re really not that fussed at all at the position the club finds itself in.

Can I just clarify that you are aware which league we will be playing in next season? Clue: Not the same one as last season

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

It hasn''t hit home to you yet has it. Or maybe it has but you''re really not that fussed at all at the position the club finds itself in.

Can I just clarify that you are aware which league we will be playing in next season? Clue: Not the same one as last season

[/quote]

Nice bit of patronising, I am fully aware of the situation, thank you. Like everyone else here I am not happy in any way with the whole situation. But rather than bump my gums about things that I cannot change I shall instead continue to support my club through the thin times

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Cambridge utd

Oxford utd

Wrexham

Luton Town

All the above are teams/grounds that I''ve visited as a Norwich away fan, and all in the old divisions 1/2.(premier/championship)

All the above now ply their trade in the Blue square.  Dont believe it can''t happen because it can and has to all the above.

[/quote]

And some not quite as far down, yet, but far from coming straight back up.

Bradford, Gillingham, Crewe, etc...

Thankyou Beausant!

I''m not trying to defend the board at all.  I think changes need to happen, and I think one of the positives of our relegation is that there is now the big movement for change.  If we''d have stayed up then I dont think anything would have altered, we''d have been in a relegation scrap next year and the same things would have been said again

What I would say to people is who would you replace Delia with?  Cullums a non-starter - Towergate group is struggling, and I think if he''d have taken over we''d have been in just a bad position if not worse.  I dont particularly like Doncaster, but at least he''s got the bllx to stand outside before games I guess.  Who else is there? The last thing we want to do is go to someone like Rupert Lowe at Southampton - he''d get us a manager from Rugby or Cricket

With regards to Gunny, he''s had a go at the managers job and Im not sure he''s the right man to get us out of L1.  That said I will support whichever man is manager and if thats Gunny I will still cheer his teams on

Thankyou Beausant!

I''m not trying to defend the board at all.  I think changes need to happen, and I think one of the positives of our relegation is that there is now the big movement for change.  If we''d have stayed up then I dont think anything would have altered, we''d have been in a relegation scrap next year and the same things would have been said again

What I would say to people is who would you replace Delia with?  Cullums a non-starter - Towergate group is struggling, and I think if he''d have taken over we''d have been in just a bad position if not worse.  I dont particularly like Doncaster, but at least he''s got the bllx to stand outside before games I guess.  Who else is there? The last thing we want to do is go to someone like Rupert Lowe at Southampton - he''d get us a manager from Rugby or Cricket

With regards to Gunny, he''s had a go at the managers job and Im not sure he''s the right man to get us out of L1.  That said I will support whichever man is manager and if thats Gunny I will still cheer his teams on

[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying that. Hopefully some of the loudmouths who were queueing up to slag you off will now apologise to you (apart from Wiz who''ll just claim that he was misinterpreted).Must be great to have a monopoly on being right!

[quote]Cullums a non-starter - Towergate group is struggling[/quote]

Cullum probably is a non-starter but last I heard Towergate wasn''t struggling. Didn''t they renegotiate their loans and make a £100mill profit last year?

I might have that wrong but I''m sure thats the case.

[quote user="Spartan"]Barclay hero will still be trotting out the same old rubbish when League 2 football arrives at Carrow Road, as it surely will if Delia and the rest of her cronies remain in charge. Its complacent fans like you who have given the green light to the buffoons who have led us into this mess. Take a reality check because if Delia remains it will be more of the same, extreme prudence with no ambition, and no club![/quote]

And what exactly is your masterplan?

LOL we are plumeting and the worst part is we havent even reached terminal velocity yet.Just wait till the rats start jumping off the sinking ship, then we will be left with that ginger fouling machine that everyone holds in such high false regard. Hell even he might go !