Sign in to follow this  
Josh Baines

New Strikers?

Morph: Your points are valid but if you hadnt noticed we are at the bottom of the league not the top.

I think we need somebody that could compliment Hucks. Too many times this season have balls gone in the box and sven, mackenzie or the doc aren''t able to convert the chances. He needs a target man to play off a la Iwan. Kevin Campbell could do what Iwan did but better.

I''m not advocating the Long Ball Larry, WBA, Megson style of football but I do believe we need a bit of power up front. To counter act the lightweight footballers we have.

I have it on pretty good authority that Kevin Campbell is retiring from Premiership football at the end of the season.  That could me he wants to stay at Everton or a nice loan period to get 1st team action till the end of the season where he will the main man could suit him to go out in a blaze of glory, definitely not a buy though.

[quote]Oi Super Shaun Carey I think Kevin Campbell is a perfectly valid sugestion. Big, strong, experienced, good in the air, scored goals where ever he has played. Do you honestly believe he would have mes...[/quote]

Hang on IFT, what''s wrong with being a teacher anyway? 

IwansFT - point taken. City are bottom.

As Terry Butcher often says during commentary on the England matches on Radio 5, it''s the result that''s important.

Unfortunately, I disagree with that comment. I like the teams I support to play with some semblance of style, England included.

Does that mean that City should forsake style of play in favour of results? I guess if they want to stay up, then the answer is undoubtedly yes.

So if Worthy thinks that buying some big burly in yer face target man as a striker in January I guess we have to stand by that decision. More power to him too if that purchase brings the results that are required to keep them up.

Personally, I would rather he stuck by the principle of playing football with the ball on the deck attacking the opposition at pace with strikers who are capable with both the pass and the finish. Maybe I''m in the minority.......

What''s the point in speculating so much - leave that to the Football Rumours site.

Worthy is obviously looking - his quote about being touted ridiculous prices would seem to suggest that he is doing something. I wouldn''t be too suprised to see a loan signing come in until the end of the season - why waste all that money on a donkey that you will have on the books permanently when you can borrow one for a few months then hand him back or if he turns out to be a pedigree striker we can make an offer for him close season with all that extra cash we will have after staying up - didn''t Birmingham do that a couple of seasons ago???

I still say, despite my damage balls, that ''HE'' Harewood will sign in January. 

And I would love it, simply love it, for three simple reasons.

1. Despite what most of you think on here, IMO he IS a class striker, or he was till Pardew got his inept hands on him and stuck him out wide!.

2. It would ''shut up'' the doubters of my powers of second sight.    

3. My balls are now back to normal.