Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Full backs

These chaps have become crucial in the modern game. Both to spur attack and shore defence. Name a great side without top full backs.

IMO - it was our weakness in this area above all others that cost us dear....particularly on the right

I could not agree more, the academy had a very good attacking right back at the start of the season but Mr. Roeder told Ricky Martin to release him.

[quote user="birdman"]Released by the Roeder and is struggling to find a new club[/quote]can''t be that great then.

[quote user="Fonejacker"][quote user="birdman"]Released by the Roeder and is struggling to find a new club[/quote]

can''t be that great then.
[/quote]

He''s a youngster, hardly an established player.

As a long time Academy watcher not many boys get taken on by other clubs as the other clubs have invested in there own players, it''s not always because of ability and also they normally only get a week to impress, in my opinion this lad should have been kept on as he had a lot of potential. There is still a culture of if your face does not fit forget Norwich Academy, this is where the club should start the rebuilding as the Academy has just become very important and it needs an x pro to run it

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

These chaps have become crucial in the modern game. Both to spur attack and shore defence. Name a great side without top full backs.

IMO - it was our weakness in this area above all others that cost us dear....particularly on the right

[/quote]

I said exactly this about a month ago and was shouted down to be told strikers were the key. Our full backs have been our weakness since the premier league.

Thats because Roeder did not believe in them'', he felt defenders should not go past the half way line, for some reason this did not change when he left.

Will be disapointed to lose Berty think he is a good prospect for the future thought we could have got him in cheap from Chelsea our loss someone else''s gain.  

Even though he''s still under contract, I wonder if its the end for Drury too?  In the last five years he seems to have faded away with loss of form and injuries.  He''s almost mirrored the decline of the club.