Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Cut ALan Lee some slack

Why are people moaning about Lee''s reasons for WANTING to play for us?? Grumbling that he wants to live nearby. SO what? Who cares why? He is human and his reasons are his own. BUt he really DOES WANT to play for us...and that is good enough for me. His attitude was above anyone else''s at Charlton and I for one salute him. He is not THE answer but a great OPTION alongside many others.

Sheesh some of you gripe whatever. Players wanting to play for us have been few and far between recenlty...one comes al;ong and you STILL mona.

Personally I think Lee, alongside others like him, are what will get the spirit and passion back. Personally I would jump at Lee and sign ten others with that desire and we might just get away from the gutless tosh we have suffered since ripping the heart out of this club on promotion to the Prem

League one is a physical league,  even more so as we will be a ''a team to beat''.

We need players like lee,  big, strong, experienced and committed.  But we need 9 more like that too.

Agree and he is a must for next season. He will be needed in league1.

I completely agree, the majority of Norwich fans moan about loan players till the cows come home, but without Shackell, Lita, Kennedy, Lupoli, Lee amongst others, we''d have been relegated weeks ago.

I think Lee has embodied recently exactly what I expect from someone pulling on a yellow and green shirt, passion and also a certain amount of footballing ability, he''s the kind of guy I''d like as Captain if/when Doherty leaves. He has been a top performer and even when he''s having a off day, the effort is still there and that rallies the other players. I think he is a must dependent of cost and availability of other players, he''d be one player I''d be happy to see back again next season.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

Why are people moaning about Lee''s reasons for WANTING to play for us?? Grumbling that he wants to live nearby. SO what? Who cares why? He is human and his reasons are his own. BUt he really DOES WANT to play for us...and that is good enough for me. His attitude was above anyone else''s at Charlton and I for one salute him. He is not THE answer but a great OPTION alongside many others.

Sheesh some of you gripe whatever. Players wanting to play for us have been few and far between recenlty...one comes al;ong and you STILL mona.

Personally I think Lee, alongside others like him, are what will get the spirit and passion back. Personally I would jump at Lee and sign ten others with that desire and we might just get away from the gutless tosh we have suffered since ripping the heart out of this club on promotion to the Prem

[/quote]

Totally agree...Lee was truly passionate in his commitment yesterday, as always, and was the first to walk towards us and applaud us at the end of the game..."You''re not fit to wear the shirt", rang out and save for Lee, Shackell and Korey Smith, I felt that was well deserved

He would be a good competitive player to lead the line in league 1. It''s not as though London is very far from East Anglia anyway, so i dont really understand people using it as an excuse to slate him, he could still live in suffolk and commute to london if he wanted to, he actually wants to play for us for the right reasons.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

[/quote]

Totally agree...Lee was truly passionate in his commitment yesterday, as always, and was the first to walk towards us and applaud us at the end of the game..."You''re not fit to wear the shirt", rang out and save for Lee, Shackell and Korey Smith, I felt that was well deserved

[/quote]

And if we are to have any chance of doing a Leicester we nee to keep him, and keep hold of the players we have, those out of contract have no interest in staying but those on contract must be kept they are why we are we are now, why let them go to a higher league club, they are not good enought to play higher league, if they were we should be there too, But I think we won''t get any top club come knocking for any of them,they can''t keep us up, What good are they going to do for anyone else?   

lee and macdonald upfront will be awesome in league 1, i dont think it would take anymore than 250k to sign him and if we can get 1-1.5 mil for clingan we should be able to afford him

Does anyone here really think he''s good enough?

He''s had one good game that i''ve seen, and two if you count the Brum away game which i couldn''t make. Don''t get me wrong, if he plays like that every game then he''ll be a great signing, but other than those games he''s been awful. Useless against the scum, Reading, and Charlton.

I''m realy not sure he''s done enough to deserve a contract here. Effort just doesn''t cut it. I''d put 100% effort in, but would i be any use on the pitch? Of course not!

Hes busting a gut because he wants a deal , once he gets one he will revert to the lazy non scoring striker Ipswich and Palace want rid of .As for Archant calling him a City cult hero , just about sums this pathetic club up .

Against Reading he was woeful,  but he wont face defenders that good in league one;  for me he will be fine.  Just as steve howard (very similar to lee but with less pace) was for leicester this term.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Against Reading he was woeful,  but he wont face defenders that good in league one;  for me he will be fine.  Just as steve howard (very similar to lee but with less pace) was for leicester this term.[/quote]

But he will be facing the likes of the Charlton defenders, and, despite the goal, he was hopeless for 89 minutes...

As for him ''busting a gut'', if he really is then he definitely doesn''t deserve a contract. Because if what we''ve seen of him is him trying as hard as he can, he''s certainly not good enough.

A lot is about how the ball is played to him,  to often our approach ball was aerial,  play it into his chest and get him to hold it up, thats how we will get the best from him. 

Sadly crook has not shown our players what a pass is yet...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Against Reading he was woeful,  but he wont face defenders that good in league one;  for me he will be fine.  Just as steve howard (very similar to lee but with less pace) was for leicester this term.[/quote]

The midfield against Reading was woeful with no invention or creativity, he''ll be good if we play to his strengths but we need other players who are ready to bust a gut like him otherwise get used to seeing us in League 1.

Reading were full of experience in their defence but what got me was that we never tested their keeper who isn''t that good!!