Sign in to follow this  
anselin007

LETS ALL HAVE A DISCO

Its 11:55 pm and just returned from a weekend in charlton....  More to the point who are the midless fans chanting lets all have a disco and generally celebrating the worst day in the clubs history.NO EXCUSE: we all have a beer and banter amongst freinds but infront of 11 spineless players and a board of clowns how could you dance and sing at such a shower of  poo!Long live Norwich City -  Will be there on the journey next year!!!

Because we''re not all boring old gits?

If i''m going to spend over £100 a give up an entire day to travel down there and watch that garbage and the football club i love being relegated, i may as well enjoy it as much as i can.

If that means having a few beers, a good laugh and a sing, then i''ll do it.

That chant sums you lot up totally, no ambition from owner to players to fans, just happy to celebrate being garbage and becoming a third division side, you get the club you deserve because you are spineless!

s*d off back to your disgusting excuse for a town binner. This is our wake and we can navel gaze on our own.

[quote user="anselin007"]Its 11:55 pm and just returned from a weekend in charlton....  More to the point who are the midless fans chanting lets all have a disco and generally celebrating the worst day in the clubs history.

NO EXCUSE: we all have a beer and banter amongst freinds but infront of 11 spineless players and a board of clowns how could you dance and sing at such a shower of  poo!

Long live Norwich City -  Will be there on the journey next year!!!
[/quote]

Live and let live eh?  More to life than football and my money is hard earnt, so I''ll bloody well enjoy it how i want to...at 4-1 down and knowing that the result at Plymouth was not going our way, what were the alternatives?  I''ve been all over the country with City all season and had some miserable days travelling back from poor results...Why not enjoy a last afternoon celebrating the commitment of a fantastic bunch of supporters, rather than dwelling on the dross that have turned out in our colours on the pitch for the last couple of years. Please put it into perspective.

Agreed Hooley. F*** Me - What''s the point in living life in a downbeat way and moping about our shambles of a football club? Pay the money, sing whatever you like.

[quote user="Spineless Fooks."]Agreed Hooley. F*** Me - What''s the point in living life in a downbeat way and moping about our shambles of a football club? Pay the money, sing whatever you like.
[/quote]

and take the consequences of singing and supporting, division 3 is where your fans deserve to be, we stopped going to games and stopped bying season tickets in large numbers when our club was on the way down, the result was we got a multi millionare owner to pump in Millions to us and a qulaity manager, as a result our fans are now coming back to games, you have to be cuel to be kind and we got what we wanted from our club, can you say the same??

[quote user="billabasblue"]

[quote user="Spineless Fooks."]Agreed Hooley. F*** Me - What''s the point in living life in a downbeat way and moping about our shambles of a football club? Pay the money, sing whatever you like.[/quote]

and take the consequences of singing and supporting, division 3 is where your fans deserve to be, we stopped going to games and stopped bying season tickets in large numbers when our club was on the way down, the result was we got a multi millionare owner to pump in Millions to us and a qulaity manager, as a result our fans are now coming back to games, you have to be cuel to be kind and we got what we wanted from our club, can you say the same??

[/quote]I hate it when scummers are right...

was it those little kids starting that again. hear that at every away game from them. 1 of em was snapped crying i think too.

I have nothing wrong with anybody starting that. What I don''t agree with is stereotypical old gits who can''t wait to moan at anybody less than 18 years of age ...

A group of lads started ''lets all have a disco'' in the pub, ab out the same time as I was trying to get out and make my way to the ground. Some older fans clearly didn''t like all the jumping about and pushing, so, just looked for the 1st typical youngster they could see as it was clearly them who are pushing and shoving. So, I got called a w***** by one of them, and another one of my mates as he tried to get out got pushed by them. Complete morons. We weren''t even anything to do with it.
I''m sorry but that really p*ssed me off, the people doing ''lets all have a disco'' didn''t really annoy me, that''s up to them.

An utter joke. I thought in general our fans were good given the circumstances but I was speechless when those little idiots started singing that 5 minutes from the end. I told them all to shut up straight away and thankfully most of them did. Was started by the group of kids that try and strart it at every away game. On the one hand its good that these kids travel and watch us and create some noise but the problem is they have absolutely no sense of timing or feel for when it is or is not appropriate to sing certain songs. Yesterday was an example of that as has been the embarassing singing of "staying up,up,up" far too early in games when it was obvious to any seasoned City watchers that the team would go an screw it up and make them look stupid!

Too many of the old fans are more interested in making martyrs of themselves than they are in making some noise and having a bit of fun.

Because of course we''d have all had a much better day if we''d just sat there quietly whinging and moaning to the people next to us, eh?

Get over yourselves.

To the Ipswich fan above:

Did you have large numbers of season ticket holders anyway? And you only follow your team when it is going well then, yeah?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

An utter joke. I thought in general our fans were good given the circumstances but I was speechless when those little idiots started singing that 5 minutes from the end. I told them all to shut up straight away and thankfully most of them did. Was started by the group of kids that try and strart it at every away game. On the one hand its good that these kids travel and watch us and create some noise but the problem is they have absolutely no sense of timing or feel for when it is or is not appropriate to sing certain songs. Yesterday was an example of that as has been the embarassing singing of "staying up,up,up" far too early in games when it was obvious to any seasoned City watchers that the team would go an screw it up and make them look stupid!

[/quote]

Lighten up Jim!  Who gave you a mandate to  publish the ''little green bible of NCFC etiquette"...If you are always worried about our team making us look stupid...you must be pretty close to looking stupid all the time on your own efforts. Live and let live eh?

[quote user="Hooleyfan"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Lighten up Jim!  Who gave you a mandate to  publish the ''little green bible of NCFC etiquette"...If you are always worried about our team making us look stupid...you must be pretty close to looking stupid all the time on your own efforts. Live and let live eh?

[/quote]

I have no mandate. People can sing what they like. I am not however prepared to stand there and see our fans dancing around singing "lets all have a disco" as we get relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time in my supporting lifetime without saying something about it.

At the end of the day there is no etiquette but the best fans have always had a sense of timing (whether comic or otherwise) and a natural feel for when to sing certain chants. We seem to have lost that - not helped by the inability that some of our fans seem to have to clap at anything less than 100mph!

Anyway not a time or day for Norwich fans to be falling out with each other - its not why we are where we are or why we went down is it! We all have more important things to worry about!

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Hooleyfan"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have no mandate. People can sing what they like. I am not however prepared to stand there and see our fans dancing around singing "lets all have a disco" as we get relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time in my supporting lifetime without saying something about it.

At the end of the day there is no etiquette but the best fans have always had a sense of timing (whether comic or otherwise) and a natural feel for when to sing certain chants. We seem to have lost that - not helped by the inability that some of our fans seem to have to clap at anything less than 100mph!

Anyway not a time or day for Norwich fans to be falling out with each other - its not why we are where we are or why we went down is it! We all have more important things to worry about!

[/quote]

Agreed. Especially with the ''oh when the greens go marching in''. We in the snake pit used to do that excellently. Perfect timing, real slow build up - the correct way. Now it''s far to quick and sometimes, they don''t even bother at all ...

There''s still a group in the Snakepit who sing it properly Shaun, or try to, anyway. Problem is, it gets ''hijacked'' by the people on the Barclay side of the Snakepit, and they start it going quickly far too early.

It''s rather irritating.

I went yesterday, I booed, I chanted board out, I was angry and upset by us going down, I was disgusted by the lack of any passion by the players, but in the end it became so unbelieveable that it did just become a joke! So from there fans start to think well if they are going to be like that well we might as well do that. I was chanting all that, but it wasn''t started by "kids" but full grown adults near me, but f course blame it on all of us who are under the age of 18 because we won''t say as much, or we are not "developed" in some way mentally? I didn''t clap the team after I booed but because I decided to think f*ck it I may as well not get too depressed relegation is now my fault as well as those who did that chant.

[quote user="billabasblue"]

[quote user="Spineless Fooks."]Agreed Hooley. F*** Me - What''s the point in living life in a downbeat way and moping about our shambles of a football club? Pay the money, sing whatever you like.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Billy I don''t usually respond to utter twaddle, but felt I should offer my congratulations on writing possibly the longest sentence in the history of this message board. Punctuation is obviously not your strong point? Might be an idea to ask your mum to iron you a shirt and trot along to your new "University" . Perhaps the "qulaity" manager of which you speak could show you the way?

[quote user=""]

There''s still a group in the Snakepit who sing it properly Shaun, or try to, anyway. Problem is, it gets ''hijacked'' by the people on the Barclay side of the Snakepit, and they start it going quickly far too early.

It''s rather irritating.

[/quote]

Yeah, just so happens I''m further to the right in the snakepit, my attempt at doing it the ''correct'' way is drowned out by the others. It''s a shame, used to be really good how we used to do it, just as our ''12 days of christmas'' song used to be good...