Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 III

Lets pull the fence down

For far too long supporters have been divided into different camps arguing different points of view to no effect. If we want change we need to be united. Delia Outers and Board Apologists labels should be a thing of the past.

I''d like to propose the following as a starting point of consensus that 95% of fans can sign up to. Then if Archant or the club want a "Supporters Viewpoint" they can have one.

1) We are all fans of Norwich City Football Club.

2) We all acknowledge that the club is at it''s lowest ebb for 50 years and that we need change if we are to progress.

3) We believe that if the current board and management had the ability and knowledge to make this progress and make these changes that they would have done so by now. Ergo, we believe that the club has to have a fresh approach at the highest level.

4) We believe that we need someone with energy, enthusiasm and the experience of running a successful football club to take on the decision making process from the current board of directors. This is regardless of any takeover or ownership issues.

5) We acknowledge that the current board have acted in good faith but we do not believe that they have the footballing or financial knowledge neccessary to run a club of our size in the modern game whilst in their current state.

6) We believe that the board should look to add the following appointments to its ranks as soon as is possible: a) Someone with football knowledge and background NOT to act as Director of Football, but to advise the board on footballing matters which they freely acknowledge that they do not have, b) Someone with proven experience of succesfully managing football finances to help us fend off the prospect of administration, and c) a fans representative who can convey the feelings of fans and who may be rotated on a regular (annual/biannual?) basis.

Feel free to disagree if you wish, and I''m not saying I have all the answers but what I am offering is a starting point. I haven''t mentioned ownership because it''s something that divides everyone and would never reach a consensus. Some won''t rest until Delia never attends CR again, whereas others don''t care about the shares, just the decision-making. Likewise I haven''t mentioned the position of manager as there are still some Gunnites out there, although personally I think we need L1 experience. However, the idea is to find to some common ground from everyone (or as close as!) on here that we can all put forward as a collective view, regardless of where you stand on individual issues. Who knows, it might actually do some good and be taken forward?

Right, there you go.... now begin crucifying me.....

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

For far too long supporters have been divided into different camps arguing different points of view to no effect. If we want change we need to be united. Delia Outers and Board Apologists labels should be a thing of the past.

I''d like to propose the following as a starting point of consensus that 95% of fans can sign up to. Then if Archant or the club want a "Supporters Viewpoint" they can have one.

1) We are all fans of Norwich City Football Club.

2) We all acknowledge that the club is at it''s lowest ebb for 50 years and that we need change if we are to progress.

3) We believe that if the current board and management had the ability and knowledge to make this progress and make these changes that they would have done so by now. Ergo, we believe that the club has to have a fresh approach at the highest level.

4) We believe that we need someone with energy, enthusiasm and the experience of running a successful football club to take on the decision making process from the current board of directors. This is regardless of any takeover or ownership issues.

5) We acknowledge that the current board have acted in good faith but we do not believe that they have the footballing or financial knowledge neccessary to run a club of our size in the modern game whilst in their current state.

6) We believe that the board should look to add the following appointments to its ranks as soon as is possible: a) Someone with football knowledge and background NOT to act as Director of Football, but to advise the board on footballing matters which they freely acknowledge that they do not have, b) Someone with proven experience of succesfully managing football finances to help us fend off the prospect of administration, and c) a fans representative who can convey the feelings of fans and who may be rotated on a regular (annual/biannual?) basis.

Feel free to disagree if you wish, and I''m not saying I have all the answers but what I am offering is a starting point. I haven''t mentioned ownership because it''s something that divides everyone and would never reach a consensus. Some won''t rest until Delia never attends CR again, whereas others don''t care about the shares, just the decision-making. Likewise I haven''t mentioned the position of manager as there are still some Gunnites out there, although personally I think we need L1 experience. However, the idea is to find to some common ground from everyone (or as close as!) on here that we can all put forward as a collective view, regardless of where you stand on individual issues. Who knows, it might actually do some good and be taken forward?

Right, there you go.... now begin crucifying me.....

[/quote]

[Y] Very good post. It is now a time for unity among supporters...

Good post Canary 02 111. I''ve been taking a similar line on another thread. We have to have consensus if we are to achieve anything.

Good post Canary 02 111.  We need a united front more than ever before.

Good post Canary02.While we spend all our energy arguing amongst ourselves nothing will ever change.The board will be happier if we are split into differing groups and carry on regardless.

Getting concensus may be harder than getting a  new investor,..

Great post. As a long time reader of this board this is the first post that has made me want get involved in the debate over the future of our club, rather than engage the endless bickering just seems to go round in circles.