Sign in to follow this  
Nobodys Perfect

Which team's "model" should we follow from now on?

As it''s "mission accomplished" following the Charlton model, which team from the higher league, ie, The Championship, should we strive to emulate from this day henceforth? I suggest Blackpool. Mid-table, unfashionable and seemingly not a wedge of  cash being thrown at it. Decent manager and generally a good steady club. In a few years time, we may get promoted to be in the same division as them and then, following the formbook, we will both crumble dramatically and fall two divisions back. If I were a Tangerines fan this week, I would NOT want to hear Delia spouting how she''d like to follow the Blackpool model. Talk about the kiss of death.

how about we start our own ''new model'' based on success rather than the current one based on prudence and cookery books

We should be following the example set by our own club - the example set by the NCFC that existed before Delia came along.

[quote user="shyster"]We should be following the example set by our own club - the example set by the NCFC that existed before Delia came along.[/quote]Seconded.Other clubs used to look towards us as an example.

At a guess and assuming there are few changes at the club in the summer, then i reckon it may well be the Oxford United model we follow from now on!