Sign in to follow this  
If I had the wings of  a sparrow

Why do you post?

Generally I post cause I like to see the funny side of peoples comments & maybe bring some jovialty to the subject particulrly when it is getting heavier than a heavy thing on National Heavy Day. The bottom line is we are all Norwich fans in this together (I hope) but recently there has been an upsurge in direct attacks on posters. We all have posters who we like & some posters we disagree with & I particaurly like the comments of No legs, Zippers Left Leg & Stevange fan & they often post along the same lines as me. So come on why do you post? to trade insults, to see if you get a reply or cause you are down right bored or maybe you feel you are just making a contribution.

IIhtwoas, I reckon that for myself it''s a combination of your own motivation and the one you mention last.  However, could it be that deep down we do it because we all paradoxically have a need to express our egos in an anonymous outlet (any psychology students out there? I need your help!)...?

The way this board is developing has been discussed a few times now. To begin with it was a bit sober and dull, then it got a bit spicy and few insults started to fly around. But now i think it has settled down really well and has a nice balance between healthy debate and slagging match!

Sometimes people get a bit narked but generally i think we respect each other''s opinions and that''s a good basis on which to have a board like this.

I post because i enjoy the debates and because with us where we are and the way we are performing, there''s sooo much to talk about!

I think for some it is because they can "say" things on here that they would not dare say "in the real world"

Personally, I post because

1) It is fun

2) It is veryfriendly on here, with a good bunch of regulars

3) There are very few infilatrators or keyboard heroes 

4) It is better than work!

[quote]The way this board is developing has been discussed a few times now. To begin with it was a bit sober and dull, then it got a bit spicy and few insults started to fly around. But now i think it has se...[/quote]

I think a1''s final paragraph summed it up very well.

I post because I love Norwich City, have done, always will.  If Norwich played everyday I would go.  As they don''t I have to feed my hunger in other ways and this board does it superbly.  There''s such mix of debates, opinions and poster pesonalities on here and I love it

Lets face it, what do guys talk about in the pub? that''s right, footy and s*x, so why not spend a few minutes everyday reading and discussing it a little more (I mean football of course)? away, most of couldn''t get away with spending the lunch times chatting on a s*x based web forum could we? So in a nut shell that''s the explanation. I know there will be a few people claiming to have a more expansive pub based conversation list but knowone really wants to discuss politics, religion, weather or local traffic congestion do they? I am just pointing out how shallow we really are!

Seriously, that is what makes footy so great, it gives the ability to talk a lot about what is essentially 11 guys kicking a bag of air around a park.

Let''s face it, what do women talk about in the pub?  Footie and shopping.  And if you''re not down the pub this is the next best thing for footie and shopping!!!

[quote]Lets face it, what do guys talk about in the pub? that''s right, footy and s*x, so why not spend a few minutes everyday reading and discussing it a little more (I mean football of course)? away, most o...[/quote]

Oi! I happen to like talking about politics, religion, the weather and local traffic congestion.  (Sadly enough this is true... but mainly only the first two... and the second two only because I am green not just in footballing but also political terms! Global climate change and transport gas emissions, anyone? No, thought not...) 

Also if I knew more about football/was a season ticket holder then I''d talk more about that on here, rather than just posting stupid comments as I normally do!

But can someone reveal what a keyboard hero is - can you help me, Mr T, since you mention the phrase?

Not that many Canaries down here in the West Country, so it is nice to be able to converse with all you fellow yellows! 

PS:Anybody on this board from this neck of the woods? Fancy going to a game?

Well to be completely honest I stopped posting ages ago when my tally was up to about 46 I think.   I stopped because I didn''t feel part of things as still being pretty new, not getting to see many games and not many people agreed with my opinions .   Then I was in Norwich at my parents new house and my big cousin NavMan popped round.  He asked why I didn''t post anymore and that spurred me to start again.  I think I have doubled my previous tally in about 2 weeks or less

The reasons that I like to post now are:  I support Norwich City and not getting to be at the ground, interacting with "true" fans on a forum is probably the next best thing.   There is probably a certain amount of ego involved too, because if someone agrees with you, laughs at a joke etc. it does make it all feel worth while.   Also if you make a prediction and it comes true I think everyone likes to say "I told you so".  My girlfriend said I always say that to her    Haven''t had a chance on here yet though.

[quote]Not that many Canaries down here in the West Country, so it is nice to be able to converse with all you fellow yellows! PS:Anybody on this board from this neck of the woods? Fancy going to a game?[/quote]

hi western, ive only just started to post on here but always kept an eye on it. i live in tiverton which is in devon about 20 miles north of exeter, dont get many chances to go to matches (man city mon is my first this season) but im always up for going to games if your in my area.

[quote]Let''s face it, what do women talk about in the pub? Footie and shopping. And if you''re not down the pub this is the next best thing for footie and shopping!!![/quote]

susie

you cannot reveal to the men on here what we talk about when in girl only company!

maybe it is just the people i know, but we always talk about football - amongst other things

as for shopping, this is scary stuff, but i have found a man that likes shopping, shall i get him cloned immediately? 

Aha! Thanks Mr T - interesting phrase.  Yes, I can see how that could happen in some people, especially perhaps in the more ''IT-minded'' sort of person (to put it nicely).

I''d say, like most of you, I''m rather more (vocally) aggressive at the football than on here!

On the ball City