Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

Why make the players the fall guys??

OK I need to be careful with this especially after just reading ''ncfcfaithfuls'' post on the players pre and post match antics (unfortunately that''s symptomatic of total lack of leadership and discipline at the club at the moment).

At The Valley I was sad that many of the fans turned their frustration on the players from the moment the second goal went in. From then on and into todays papers, on the phone ins and message boards all I hear is how the players ''capitulated'', ''surendered'', ''did;nt give a s--t'' etc. Even RM has savaged the players publicly (conveniently trying to deflect blame from where it truly lies).

Of course it was a shocking performance but WHY are you so surprised?? It was a typical NCFC ''away no show'', it''s been a feature of the club for years and years! I saw appalling performances at Villa Park, The Valley and Anfield in the Premiership season , that''s not too mention the abject surrender at Stamford Bridge. More recently we have cringed at Wolves, QPR, Derby, Plymouth, Blackpool..... The list is endless.

The 11 who played yesterday were just the unlucky sods who happened to be picked on the last day of this terrible season and who then felt the brunt of the fans fury. I for one don''t buy this ....''they did''nt try'' accusation. For me it was more a case of the team having accepted relegation after Monday night and they went into yesterday with their confidence in tatters. Once the first goal went in the pack of cards collapsed. Lets face it on the radio today both The Cook and ND admitted that they knew we were down before the Charlton match so is it any wonder that the employees (players) felt the same!   

ALL that mattered yesterday was the combination results so even if we had stuffed Charlton 3-0 IT WOULD''NT HAVE MATTERED yet you can bet your bottom dollar that had that happened we would have been inundated with clarion calls of ''certain promotion'', ''walking Division One'' and all that drivel.

When that second goal went in, Yellow Rider snapped and roared ''Smith Out'' followed by ''SACK THE BOARD'' and if there was anything positve to come from yesterday it was that at long last some fans FINALLY started taking off their green and yellow tinted glasses and woke to the chiling reality of how far this club has fallen under The Cooks leadership.  So if any of you were near Seat 110 in Row H, thanks for supporting me and joining in.

''You''re not fit to wear the shirt'' many of you bellowed. Arguably not but to tar the likes of Doc, Shacks, Lee and Smith with that tag is grossly unfair. What we should have been shouting was ''YOU''RE NOT FIT TO RUN THE CLUB''.  Oh well, that was asking a bit much, may be well get to that next time. Believe me if we leave The Stowmarket Two in charge, NCFC will only continue in one direction and that''s as sure as hell ain''t upwards!!   

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

OK I need to be careful with this especially after just reading ''ncfcfaithfuls'' post on the players pre and post match antics (unfortunately that''s symptomatic of total lack of leadership and discipline at the club at the moment).

At The Valley I was sad that many of the fans turned their frustration on the players from the moment the second goal went in. From then on and into todays papers, on the phone ins and message boards all I hear is how the players ''capitulated'', ''surendered'', ''did;nt give a s--t'' etc. Even RM has savaged the players publicly (conveniently trying to deflect blame from where it truly lies).

Of course it was a shocking performance but WHY are you so surprised?? It was a typical NCFC ''away no show'', it''s been a feature of the club for years and years! I saw appalling performances at Villa Park, The Valley and Anfield in the Premiership season , that''s not too mention the abject surrender at Stamford Bridge. More recently we have cringed at Wolves, QPR, Derby, Plymouth, Blackpool..... The list is endless.

The 11 who played yesterday were just the unlucky sods who happened to be picked on the last day of this terrible season and who then felt the brunt of the fans fury. I for one don''t buy this ....''they did''nt try'' accusation. For me it was more a case of the team having accepted relegation after Monday night and they went into yesterday with their confidence in tatters. Once the first goal went in the pack of cards collapsed. Lets face it on the radio today both The Cook and ND admitted that they knew we were down before the Charlton match so is it any wonder that the employees (players) felt the same!   

ALL that mattered yesterday was the combination results so even if we had stuffed Charlton 3-0 IT WOULD''NT HAVE MATTERED yet you can bet your bottom dollar that had that happened we would have been inundated with clarion calls of ''certain promotion'', ''walking Division One'' and all that drivel.

When that second goal went in, Yellow Rider snapped and roared ''Smith Out'' followed by ''SACK THE BOARD'' and if there was anything positve to come from yesterday it was that at long last some fans FINALLY started taking off their green and yellow tinted glasses and woke to the chiling reality of how far this club has fallen under The Cooks leadership.  So if any of you were near Seat 110 in Row H, thanks for supporting me and joining in.

''You''re not fit to wear the shirt'' many of you bellowed. Arguably not but to tar the likes of Doc, Shacks, Lee and Smith with that tag is grossly unfair. What we should have been shouting was ''YOU''RE NOT FIT TO RUN THE CLUB''.  Oh well, that was asking a bit much, may be well get to that next time. Believe me if we leave The Stowmarket Two in charge, NCFC will only continue in one direction and that''s as sure as hell ain''t upwards!!   

[/quote]

At the moment, YR, the hurt means that everyone is in the cross-hairs. It would seem, though, that only a few of the players seemed to give a damn, according to the reports. 

I agree. The players do deserve stick but i am concerned that the clubs PR strategy appears to be to try and shift the blame onto them. Today I have seen Gunn, Munby and Doncaster blame the players for the unacceptable performance. The fact is that it is the clubs overall strategy that has seen us assemble the squad we have of loan players who don''t need to be here next season, it was the manager who came up with that idiotic team selection (again!) yesterday and failed to motivate the players to play for him. We should not lose sight of that!

Like Mumby said on Talk sport this morning  "we would expect players to go out fight  and give all even spilling blood or getting Yellow cards for a win yesterday" and they done nothing