Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

Rudd Or Marshall?

I thought Nelson was no 2. One eye, one arm - bit of an improvement on Marshall!

Rudd. Marshall is off to protect his international carrer (only takes one more boozy night and he will be first choice for Scotland!).

Nelson has done some good ball boy duties this year - has carried out the cones with great skill but Rudd has really done well this season. No experience of turd division football but then who has?

According to fans of his previous clubs Nelson is cr*p. sell Marshall and play Rudd or we will end up losing him for b**ger all like we did Joe Lewis.

i reckon (for some reason!) we could get quite a bit of money for Marshall... probably due to getting on Scotland teamif so, then i think we should go for it and sell, and USE THE MONEY to sign someone else. Rudd/Nelson could do the job in leauge 1 and Marshall is crap anyway... i used to think he was quality, but he''s turning into a bit of a calamity james!

We must blood the youngsters next year. Marshall has made so many mistakes this year although he does have some excellent days, and I am sure that Rudd will not let us down. It makes sense to take the money for Marshall if a good offer comes in.

If someone will offer it, we need money for Marshall, given our financial circumstances, whether or not administration follows. And longer term, Rudd is the better prospect. Of all the ways we have of raising some money now, Marshall out and Rudd in,is probably the least painful.

Bye bye Marshall........If only for being the first of the tossers pratling on in the papers about how it wasn''t good enough yesterday. I await Russel in the EDP about Wednesday.

Seriously though, I haven''t seen anything that gives me confidence in him. Mediocre at the best.

[quote user="blinded by the story"]

Bye bye Marshall........If only for being the first of the tossers pratling on in the papers about how it wasn''t good enough yesterday. I await Russel in the EDP about Wednesday.

Seriously though, I haven''t seen anything that gives me confidence in him. Mediocre at the best.

[/quote]They can''t win. If they didn''t say anything you''d moan that they''re cowering away not facing up to it. If they said it was good enough, you''d say they''re deluded and if they say it''s not good enough you''re still moaning.

What about Joe Lewis?? oh hang on....

Nelson had some experience with Orient, I beleive? Why can''t we just play whoever us playing better out of Nelson and Rudd? IMO Marsh will be gone (hopefully) possibly to where his last goal kick ended up at.

A Leyton Orient player told me that Nelson was poor and that he was surprised he got a move to the Championship. An okay No2 I guess but I''d much rather Rudd and Steer battling it out.

Rudd, but the back four needs sorting out or they will make him look crap like they have helped Marshall

[quote user="FASTasHUCK"]

What about Joe Lewis?? oh hang on....

Nelson had some experience with Orient, I beleive? Why can''t we just play whoever us playing better out of Nelson and Rudd? IMO Marsh will be gone (hopefully) possibly to where his last goal kick ended up at.

[/quote]In the stands then ? [:D]

Marshall. Rudd might be a great talent, but he''s only 18. We''ll need more experience than that. I''d rather have him as no. 2 -but I''d give him games though...

Rudd is very very young to come into a team like ours with a defence like ours. Marshall at 24 is still young in goalkeeping terms, if a good offer comes in then lets accept it, if it doesnt then i''d keep Marshall, he''s come in for alot of stick lately but i dont think his confidence was done the world of good this season with the defence being chopped and changed and perfoming like a sinking ship pre-shackell coming back and once a goalkeepers confidence is shot it''s hard to get back. I''m not really sure Nelson is the answer either.

I astonished by most of the comments on here and would be a massive gamble. If we can afford to keep him then clearly we have to play Marshall in goal. He has made mistakes but he is a good keeper (especially in league one) 

If we can get 1.5 to 2.0 for Marsh, hopeful I know, but I would snap their arm off. He is one of our biggest selling points and that is not saying much. It annoys me with him, has all the attributes but he commands his area worse than an Italian general with a sore throat.