Sign in to follow this  
John

Alan Lee

An admirable interview with Alan Lee. I appreciate the views of the man, and his effort on the pitch put''s the rest of the team to absolute shame. This is not only a player, but a character that we will need to have among the ranks in our hope to return to the Championship next season.

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED04%20May%202009%2008%3A57%3A47%3A337

Too many loans, says Lee

DAVID CUFFLEY, EVENING NEWS SPORT
04 May 2009 08:57

Striker Alan Lee blamed Norwich City''s reliance on loan players for their relegation from the Championship.

The 30-year-old Irishman was the last of 16 loan signings to join the Canaries this season, but believes they simply had too many temporary recruits to forge real team spirit.

Lee, who scored his second goal for the club in yesterday''s 4-2 defeat at Charlton, defended manager Bryan Gunn and said he had been dealt a very difficult hand when he took over - and repeated his desire to stay on next season.

“I really feel sorry for the gaffer because of what he has had to deal with when half the team are not his own,” said Lee.

“You''re down, in a scrap, you''re relying on a lot of loan players and I think the gaffer has been relying on us lads when I think the ideal situation is if you have eleven players out there who are Norwich City and want to be here fully. Ideally, you want to start the season with a team and carry on like that.

“I''ve said it before, it''s important the club gets a good team together, a good squad, not relying on loan players and gets a good team spirit going, they can kick on and have a great season next year and this will be forgotten about, but that''s essential that that happens.

“The cards Gunny was dealt, this club looked like it was going down.”

Lee said relegation was “absolutely the worst situation I''ve been in”.

He said: “Everyone''s a bit numb, including myself. What can I say?

“Going 3-0 down was an absolute disaster and I suppose that tells a story about us players. I know Barnsley won but we should still have had enough to win that game. We know we need a good look at ourselves. It was just not been good enough - nowhere near.

“I think today we didn''t go that extra mile but it''s not the end of Norwich City. The fans were fantastic, they deserve better but I know that next year the fans will be back and I want to be part of that - I''m going to tell the gaffer today I want to come.

“Relegation is there now on my CV as a player - whether I want it or not but the low I feel now is nothing compared to if I don''t stay here and help this club get out of League One.”

[quote user="John"]

An admirable interview with Alan Lee. I appreciate the views of the man, and his effort on the pitch put''s the rest of the team to absolute shame. This is not only a player, but a character that we will need to have among the ranks in our hope to return to the Championship next season.

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED04%20May%202009%2008%3A57%3A47%3A337

Too many loans, says LeeDAVID CUFFLEY, EVENING NEWS SPORT04 May 2009 08:57Striker Alan Lee blamed Norwich City''s reliance on loan players for their relegation from the Championship.The 30-year-old Irishman was the last of 16 loan signings to join the Canaries this season, but believes they simply had too many temporary recruits to forge real team spirit.Lee, who scored his second goal for the club in yesterday''s 4-2 defeat at Charlton, defended manager Bryan Gunn and said he had been dealt a very difficult hand when he took over - and repeated his desire to stay on next season. “I really feel sorry for the gaffer because of what he has had to deal with when half the team are not his own,” said Lee.“You''re down, in a scrap, you''re relying on a lot of loan players and I think the gaffer has been relying on us lads when I think the ideal situation is if you have eleven players out there who are Norwich City and want to be here fully. Ideally, you want to start the season with a team and carry on like that.“I''ve said it before, it''s important the club gets a good team together, a good squad, not relying on loan players and gets a good team spirit going, they can kick on and have a great season next year and this will be forgotten about, but that''s essential that that happens.“The cards Gunny was dealt, this club looked like it was going down.”Lee said relegation was “absolutely the worst situation I''ve been in”. He said: “Everyone''s a bit numb, including myself. What can I say?“Going 3-0 down was an absolute disaster and I suppose that tells a story about us players. I know Barnsley won but we should still have had enough to win that game. We know we need a good look at ourselves. It was just not been good enough - nowhere near.“I think today we didn''t go that extra mile but it''s not the end of Norwich City. The fans were fantastic, they deserve better but I know that next year the fans will be back and I want to be part of that - I''m going to tell the gaffer today I want to come. “Relegation is there now on my CV as a player - whether I want it or not but the low I feel now is nothing compared to if I don''t stay here and help this club get out of League One.”

[/quote]You won''t see him again now.

[quote]And how do you work that out?[/quote]Because he''s just stated what most think, too many loans etc etc.  BUTDoomcaster loves loans, the board loves loans.  Therefore they''re not going to sign a dissenter are they.

[quote user="CT "][8 ALAN LEE IS ONE OF US! HE HATES IPSWICH [8]I think i''ve worked out whos going to be on my new shirt [Y] If he stays of course[/quote]I guess it won''t cost you much [:D]

How bloody stupid is that to say ''you won''t see him again''. The bloke looked like he was in tears at the end of the game. He looked the most up for it at the start of the game, going round having a word with the rest of them, shame they didnt take any notice. I dont know if you can read mate but he''s already said he wants to stay, and we need him. Whoevers in charge next season Alan Lee needs to be signed now!

[quote user="John"]

Too many loans, says Lee

DAVID CUFFLEY, EVENING NEWS SPORT
04 May 2009 08:57

Striker Alan Lee blamed Norwich City''s reliance on loan players for their relegation from the Championship.

The 30-year-old Irishman was the last of 16 loan signings to join the Canaries this season, but believes they simply had too many temporary recruits to forge real team spirit.

Lee, who scored his second goal for the club in yesterday''s 4-2 defeat at Charlton, defended manager Bryan Gunn and said he had been dealt a very difficult hand when he took over - and repeated his desire to stay on next season.

“I really feel sorry for the gaffer because of what he has had to deal with when half the team are not his own,” said Lee.

“You''re down, in a scrap, you''re relying on a lot of loan players and I think the gaffer has been relying on us lads when I think the ideal situation is if you have eleven players out there who are Norwich City and want to be here fully. Ideally, you want to start the season with a team and carry on like that.

“I''ve said it before, it''s important the club gets a good team together, a good squad, not relying on loan players and gets a good team spirit going, they can kick on and have a great season next year and this will be forgotten about, but that''s essential that that happens.

“The cards Gunny was dealt, this club looked like it was going down.”

Lee said relegation was “absolutely the worst situation I''ve been in”.

He said: “Everyone''s a bit numb, including myself. What can I say?

“Going 3-0 down was an absolute disaster and I suppose that tells a story about us players. I know Barnsley won but we should still have had enough to win that game. We know we need a good look at ourselves. It was just not been good enough - nowhere near.

“I think today we didn''t go that extra mile but it''s not the end of Norwich City. The fans were fantastic, they deserve better but I know that next year the fans will be back and I want to be part of that - I''m going to tell the gaffer today I want to come.

“Relegation is there now on my CV as a player - whether I want it or not but the low I feel now is nothing compared to if I don''t stay here and help this club get out of League One.”

[/quote]

I''ve got soooooo much time for this guy!

[quote user="Shaker"]

How bloody stupid is that to say ''you won''t see him again''. The bloke looked like he was in tears at the end of the game. He looked the most up for it at the start of the game, going round having a word with the rest of them, shame they didnt take any notice. I dont know if you can read mate but he''s already said he wants to stay, and we need him. Whoevers in charge next season Alan Lee needs to be signed now!

[/quote]Calm down, I''m sure it was in jest. And he didn''t say that Lee didn''t want to stay, I don''t know if you can read mate.

I used to quite dislike Lee at Ipswich but he has grown on me during his time with us. He will score a hatful in League 1 and is making all the right noises at the moment about wanting to stay. For a loan player you can''t really question his commitment.

[quote user="Shaker"]

[/quote]Stupid eh?  Well Einstein in your world just because a player wants to stay does that mean he stays?  Did Hucks stay? Whoops no, he didn''t did he?  why?  probably he opened his mouth too much and the truth hurt too much, so he was canned.Will the club take a player on who openly criticises the boards policy publicly?  No Stupid here thinks it won''t happen.

[quote user=" Baldrick"]

Alan  Lee needs to be signed ASAP. He is the foundation of any recovery. He is the new Dion Dublin 

[/quote]

And make him Captain, he is our new manager on the field, he wants to be here  

[quote user="Lewie Roeders revolution"]Did you read it all? Because he tells us he wants to stay...[/quote]Oh dear... [:|] whoosh...

Lee is well past his best lets hope Gunns replacement sees that

Simple question.

Can you actually AFFORD Alan Lee?

He was on nearly £10k  a week at Town. As a League One outfit now , you may find a few painful decisions will soon have to be made !

I have to agree with our Ip***ch ''friend'' here.

For all of his fantastic soundbites , Lee will be on good money and I''m sure that if Palace decide to let him go, they''re going to want some sort of return on their considerable investment on him only 12 months ago.

I think that might well count us out..

But your forgetting they want Hoolahan , lets hope we are not stupid enough to  do the swap .

Isn''t it a bit obvious that, if Lee doesn''t come to us in the summer, it won''t be because he wasn''t happy with the pay packet. He''s come out and said he''d play for us in League 1! The obvious link between League 1 and lower wages isn''t a complicated one after all - Lee will have considered this and not seen it as a problem before making that statement

If it falls through it would be because of the failure of negotiations between the clubs, much like the Taylor saga of last season.

If we don''t sign him then we know what to expect next season. Same old Sh*te. He cares more about our club than most of our contracted players. That says it all.