Sign in to follow this  
Blofield Canary

Got your 10 away stubs?

Just been looking at some of our games for next season and we are in for a bit of a culture shock. Can''t believe just how small some of the grounds are and how few tickets we will get for a lot of games. Looks like there will be a lot of issues with tickets next year especially if by some miracle we are playing well

Away allocations

Brighton   900 uncovered seats

Bristol Rovers  1100 terrace

Carlisle  600 seats + 1100 open terrace

Colchester 1832

Hartlepool  967

Huddwesfield 4000

Orient 1000

Oldham  1600

Scunthorpe 1678

Southend  2000

Stockport  1558

Swindon 1200

Tranmere  2500

Walsall 2000

Yeovil  1700

Brentford  600 + 1000 terrace

Exeter 300 + 1200 open terrace

Wycombe  2000

[quote user="The Gunn Show"]

huddersfield would give us an allocation of 4000? there stadium isnt that big is it?

[/quote]

Ground holds 25,000 and is a modern stadium

Panasonic North Stand

[quote user="jbghost"]

Ah, you noticed the ones I had missed

Leeds is 1,800 but can be increased to 5000 if not used by home fans

MK Dons 3000

[/quote]What about Millwall?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="jbghost"]

Ah, you noticed the ones I had missed

Leeds is 1,800 but can be increased to 5000 if not used by home fans

MK Dons 3000

[/quote]
What about Millwall?
[/quote]

Normally 2000. Can be 4000 if the police think you will be safe in the lower tier.

[quote user="jbghost"][quote user="The Gunn Show"]

huddersfield would give us an allocation of 4000? there stadium isnt that big is it?

[/quote]

Panasonic North Stand

[/quote]

Was an awsome game up there before (11//04/95), they only had 3 stands last time i went, Norwich lost 3-2 but the game was one of the best i''ve been to, for a defeat.  Always remember Flecky throwing the ball into the stand for us to lob at thier brand new scoreboard.

Flippin ''eck I am not going to Millwall, I wont get back!

By the way thanks for this, rather interesting, I prefer old style away terraces! [:)]

[quote user="bullshead"][quote user="jbghost"][quote user="The Gunn Show"]

[/quote]

Panasonic North Stand

[/quote]

Was an awsome game up there before (11//04/95), they only had 3 stands last time i went, Norwich lost 3-2 but the game was one of the best i''ve been to, for a defeat.  Always remember Flecky throwing the ball into the stand for us to lob at thier brand new scoreboard.

[/quote]

Remember that game well. Dont they ground share with a rugby side though?

[quote user="ITFC or NCFC......NCFC"]Flippin ''eck I am not going to Millwall, I wont get back!

By the way thanks for this, rather interesting, I prefer old style away terraces! [:)][/quote]I remember going to the last time we played at the New Den.  It''s insane, there''s a seperate walkway from the station to the away fans area, have to prove you''re an away fan to get in.  We lost 1-0 which was there first home win of the season.  Made worse by the fact that Marvin Elliott the goal scorer was at primary school with my brother!In the home fixture I made some stupid remark at some Millwall fans who''d been sitting in a Norwich stand, our car got surrounded as they tried to get me and my dad into a fight.Not looking forward to those fixtures again!

On hold because of the recession.  Colchester''s ground is a tiny bit more than quoted - 1900 - but it can be increased and was for the Leeds game.  I think their allocation was closer to 3000.

[quote user="Beaker"]camuldonum what are wednesdays lottery numbers please?[/quote]

No idea Beaker old chap but I can make them up if you like[:D]

Open terrace, now there''s something to soothe on this most trying of days. Hope most of that is standing, be worth the trip.

Huddersfield is a decent ground, remember going there, and losing soon after it had opened. Tranmere has always been one of my favourites due to a cracking chip shop nearby and friendly staff. Remember the foggy game anyone?

Brighton, always tough to get a ticket for that one too. Walsall, another favourite, and a great fans club next to ground, again very friendly, unlike their near neighbours.

Wycombe, god we have been to most of these places in the past really haven''t we, Swindon, worth a trip alone just for the roundabout system. What fun!! Oldham, coldest place on this earth.....remember a dire performance there many moons ago. Wycombe, fond memories, lovely ground. Oh it''s getting a bit nostalgic, might start enjoying it in a minute. Help!! Stockport, fine, good for shopping at the Trafford Centre.....

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Open terrace, now there''s something to soothe on this most trying of days. Hope most of that is standing, be worth the trip. Huddersfield is a decent ground, remember going there, and losing soon after it had opened. Tranmere has always been one of my favourites due to a cracking chip shop nearby and friendly staff. Remember the foggy game anyone? Brighton, always tough to get a ticket for that one too. Walsall, another favourite, and a great fans club next to ground, again very friendly, unlike their near neighbours. Wycombe, god we have been to most of these places in the past really haven''t we, Swindon, worth a trip alone just for the roundabout system. What fun!! Oldham, coldest place on this earth.....remember a dire performance there many moons ago. Wycombe, fond memories, lovely ground. Oh it''s getting a bit nostalgic, might start enjoying it in a minute. Help!! Stockport, fine, good for shopping at the Trafford Centre.....[/quote]

One to look forward to, if they make it.  Gillingham[+o(]  Carling Cup, lots of aggro, team coach attacked.  Not sure Oldham is any colder than the away stand at Blackpool but Carlisle can be a bit bracing especially on a winter Tuesday night.  The most aggro we have had this season was a friendly at Chelmsford - there is something seriously wrong with some of them.

Cam - have been to Gillingham, an away match midweek, was one of Crouch and Hucks'' first games for us, great match and great goals, shame about the rickety terrace which shook everytime we moved.

Aggro is right though, just got a sinking feeling when wandering around the town. Very strange place, like Stoke in the 70s. I have been to Blackpool, but believe for freezing temperatures, Oldham did it for me, if I don''t put in the old Bolton ground in a cup replay in the mid 90s, now that was COLD!! Aggro there too as we held an Chase Out demonstration and one old lady hit me with her handbag and called me a disgrace to the club. lol