Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

One question for all you "pro Gunn-ers"...

Ask yourself  honestly, Can you really,really visualise Gunn being in charge of a promotion winning side next season?, If there is any element of doubt then you have your answer.

They say in football, "If you can''t be a good manager, be a lucky one" - I don''t actually think Gunn is either.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If there is any element of doubt [/quote]Your doubt limits you and us. It is a negative externality that reduces our welfare. The fellow only requires heart

[quote user="Shucks"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If there is any element of doubt [/quote]
Your doubt limits you and us. It is a negative externality that reduces our welfare. The fellow only requires heart
[/quote]

So, is that a yes or a no?, or "I''m an A-level philosophy student thats got a bit stuck with the essay I''m writing!"

He will never manage a team to win anything , he would never get to manage anywhere but here and thats because we love all things cheap , and Gunns cheap and a yes man .

[quote user="Henry VIII"]So no then for you...[/quote] Would be another abysmal appointment in a long line of abysmal appointments by this Board .

I can.  I don''t think the element of doubt should matter, there''s always an element of doubt, not sure I can think of anyone who can guarantee anything.  Even top managers like Fergie or Mourinho don''t win everything.  Gunn wasn''t the best, but that''s as much to do with the team he inherited than anything else, if the board allow him to make signings then he can do it, he almost managed to foster team spirit with a bunch of loanees (almost).  And he got some decent performances, and us playing some decent football, just too late to make any difference.  His major fault is that he couldn''t motivate the players when they most needed it, but then how can you motivate a team that''s been broken by years of loanees and little development? I still blame the board and Roeder/Grant for the situation we''re in.That siad I don''t consider my self a "pro Gunn-er". It would be sad to see him leave the club, but no real surprise and there''re plenty of other managers who could do his job aswell if not better.

At this moment in time, with Gunn''s inexperience and form over the last six games, thing''s would be getting worse before they get better if he had the gig full time next season - we need a clean the slate, board, manager, players. It''s the only way NCFC can look positive again (or less negative).

[quote user="Shucks"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If there is any element of doubt [/quote]
Your doubt limits you and us. It is a negative externality that reduces our welfare. The fellow only requires heart
[/quote]

No he doesn''t... he requires brains, the backing of his employees, decent players, a healthy transfer budget and the club and it''s fans pulling together in one direction.

Sadly Brian does not have any of the above things going for him... [:$]

[quote user="Jez"]I can.  I don''t think the element of doubt should matter, there''s always an element of doubt, not sure I can think of anyone who can guarantee anything.  Even top managers like Fergie or Mourinho don''t win everything.  Gunn wasn''t the best, but that''s as much to do with the team he inherited than anything else, if the board allow him to make signings then he can do it, he almost managed to foster team spirit with a bunch of loanees (almost).  And he got some decent performances, and us playing some decent football, just too late to make any difference.  His major fault is that he couldn''t motivate the players when they most needed it, but then how can you motivate a team that''s been broken by years of loanees and little development? I still blame the board and Roeder/Grant for the situation we''re in.

That siad I don''t consider my self a "pro Gunn-er". It would be sad to see him leave the club, but no real surprise and there''re plenty of other managers who could do his job aswell if not better.
[/quote]

Brian Clough guaranteed things to his Chairmen, but then again he was not a spineless ''YES'' man.

Characters like Clough would never work under this pathetic bunch of directors.

Roeder got the sack following a poor cup run and 5 league defeats in 6 games ending in a humiliating defeat to the leagues worst team.

Gunn should suffer the same fate for exactly the same reasons.

[quote user="Shucks"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If there is any element of doubt [/quote]Your doubt limits you and us. It is a negative externality that reduces our welfare. The fellow only requires heart[/quote]there are no limits - very true - but doubt has emerged over gunny''s suitability due to his performance as a manager - during which we got relegated...in my heart i see a man who tried to inspire the squad around him - but that failed,,,and so i reasonably doubt he could credibly assemble a team to chase for promotion...and i suggest - in his heart of hearts he knows this too...

Listening to Gunn talk at the Fan''s forum yesterday he really failed to inspire. He has shown nothing in his 19 games (which is nearly half a season and enough time to turn things round) to suggest that he will ever be a good manager. He took us backwards not forwards. If he wasn''t a club legend he would be hounded out