Sign in to follow this  
HOCKEYMYHERO

its time the fans got payback

The club has to look long and hard at all aspects to earn the fans respect again after the latest insult of a performance .

There is an old saying i was proud to were the shirt , clearly most of the players this season could not give a damn and it showed by the distain they showed to the supporters at Charlton on Sunday .

We can re-build but big desisions have to be made , who to put in charge or leave Gunny to learn his trade at the helm , Give his coaches longer to get it right or again dump them and start from scratch .

Now to those so called players i can see the departures of Marshall [ although he has stated other wise ]  , Croft  , Drury [ possibly retirement  ]  ,  Clingan [ premier bound ] , Hoolihan  [ possible Lee swap ]  , Cureton  , and hopefully the bloody awful Semmy [ we have needed a right back which knows how to defend all season ] and of course the mountain of loonees .

We will have Spillane back and he could fill that problem right back spot , also Martin if his head is right and he can win back the fans with goals , the hope lies with players like young Cody and our youth side these players must be given the chance to perform were those so called seniors failed .

Lastly the board i have never soley blamed Delia for the mess and still don''t  as i see it there are many reasons which when put together spell disaster , [ lack of real funds , poor managment choices , attitude towards the fans and a real lack of direction are just a few ] i do not think they lack ambition for a club they love but the means or abilty to achieve it .

Like thousands of fans this club  will always have my support  its in the blood now we need the team on the pitch to have the club in their blood to and go out and show it for 90 minutes every match not just when they feel like it .

Since  my post names are coming forward from other players keen to stay  Lee was first now Lappin and Marshall has hinted he might [ i still say he won''t ] and we now read of managers being lined up Pardew and Robins seem mentioned in various paper talk and this is all before Wednesday''s  board meeting .

Today we read shareholders have asked Mumby and Doncaster to resign in an open letter to the board , things are clearly moving in all directions i just hope the outcome is what us supporters want and then the club as a whole can start to move on together .