Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

I think there ARE more positives than negative about going down

Now hear me out before you start having a go....I think most of us (if not all) can agree that had we pulled off the miracle that the chance of us avoiding a season of struggling next year was very very slim.I know we all feel very upset about the demise of our great club (and we are a great club) because obviously the championship at the very least is ideally where a club with fantastic support (like ours) should be.However- if a certain cook and her inept board leave in the very near future and if she is replaced by a figure/figures with money and ambition then IMO we''d all accept a season in League 1. I know I would!Our club is riddled with debt and a lack of ambition that needs to go as soon as possible.  It doesnt seem like it now (we''re all hurting I know i am:() but if we dont at least believe we can recover then we never ever well. Just one thing about the fans:Of all the people/stakeholding groups that are associated with our fine club the fans are the 1 set of people you CANNOT blame. There are lots of prem/champ clubs that would LOVE our support and had it not been for a CRAPunambitious  board (because that is what they are) we would be a premierleague club. Of that I am deadly sure.Getting the board out/a different manager must be a priority this summer but please please please....Dont give up on our club.

Some good points there, main one being that this could spark change in the club!

[quote user="Second Wizard"]Some good points there, main one being that this could spark change in the club![/quote]Don''t forget that CT has had word that times are a changing. I hope he''s right.

[quote user="CT "]Now hear me out before you start having a go....I think most of us (if not all) can agree that had we pulled off the miracle that the chance of us avoiding a season of struggling next year was very very slim.I know we all feel very upset about the demise of our great club (and we are a great club) because obviously the championship at the very least is ideally where a club with fantastic support (like ours) should be.However- if a certain cook and her inept board leave in the very near future and if she is replaced by a figure/figures with money and ambition then IMO we''d all accept a season in League 1. I know I would!Our club is riddled with debt and a lack of ambition that needs to go as soon as possible.  It doesnt seem like it now (we''re all hurting I know i am:() but if we dont at least believe we can recover then we never ever well. Just one thing about the fans:Of all the people/stakeholding groups that are associated with our fine club the fans are the 1 set of people you CANNOT blame. There are lots of prem/champ clubs that would LOVE our support and had it not been for a CRAPunambitious  board (because that is what they are) we would be a premierleague club. Of that I am deadly sure.Getting the board out/a different manager must be a priority this summer but please please please....Dont give up on our club.[/quote]A sensible and well reasoned post.  What a lot of people are thinking.

[quote user="CT "]Thanks BDS- I try my best [Y]I should have added to the original post -WE NEED HUCKS BACK![/quote]AND SOMEONE WHO OWNS A PLEASURE BEACH!

A good post CT.

I struggle to find many positives in our great club''s relegation to the third tier. And I think that administration is as likely (or more likely) than fresh investors appearing now.

But I suppose there is this positive. If Mr Cullum, or someone else, appears now, perhaps to buy from the administrator, it will be a fresh start (though many of us, myself included, will have very mixed feelings about a man who, if he waits for administration to make his move, could have saved us but preferred to get a better deal after administration). But, it would be a fresh start. And if neither Mr Cullum, nor anyone else, rides into town, and Delia continues, maybe buying the club back from an administrator on a "pre pack" deal, then we will know, beyond argument, that there really is no one else, that Mr Cullum, whatever his motives, misled a lot of people into believing he was coming to the rescue when he couldn''t, or wouldn''t, and we can then perhaps all get behind the young players who will be our team next season and stop fantasising about a white knight who isn''t coming.

[quote user="Second Wizard"]Some good points there, main one being that this could spark change in the club!
[/quote]

This is exactly what I was thinking yesturday! This could change the dynamics of the club for the better. If we had stayed up, we know that no change would of happened because the board would of thought it was a successful season. I can see major changes happening this summer, which is much needed. Hopefully us going down can provide positives.

[quote user="CT "]Even though there are probably more positives than negatives a club like ours should NOT be in L1.

[/quote]I disagree that there are more positives, but i do see where you''re coming from.The couple of positives i see mainly are the potential change of ownership, and the re-assembly of the squad (which needs to be done) with CONTRACTED players, as Gunn said today at the Fans Forum.Unfortunately, the poor quality of football and the lack of money, along with the possibility of Delia remaining in charge etc are all big negatives.

[quote user="CT "]Now hear me out before you start having a go....I think most of us (if not all) can agree that had we pulled off the miracle that the chance of us avoiding a season of struggling next year was very very slim.I know we all feel very upset about the demise of our great club (and we are a great club) because obviously the championship at the very least is ideally where a club with fantastic support (like ours) should be.However- if a certain cook and her inept board leave in the very near future and if she is replaced by a figure/figures with money and ambition then IMO we''d all accept a season in League 1. I know I would!Our club is riddled with debt and a lack of ambition that needs to go as soon as possible.  It doesnt seem like it now (we''re all hurting I know i am:() but if we dont at least believe we can recover then we never ever well. Just one thing about the fans:Of all the people/stakeholding groups that are associated with our fine club the fans are the 1 set of people you CANNOT blame. There are lots of prem/champ clubs that would LOVE our support and had it not been for a CRAPunambitious  board (because that is what they are) we would be a premierleague club. Of that I am deadly sure.Getting the board out/a different manager must be a priority this summer but please please please....Dont give up on our club.[/quote]

Going down is never nice, but in our case this crap has gone on far to long!! and the board only seem interested in pats on  the back from people who come to the matches to sit in the lovely stadium............. P.|S god post!

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=49840&st=0&start=0  - ''Stoke City Post-match'' 4/5/08http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=59703&st=0&start=0  - ''A year ago today'' If you''re interested - just have a look at them 2 threads a leicester forum to see the emotions of that dreadful day of relegation and a few thoughts reflecting on the season in league one and what relegation did for the club. Have a quick browse at the threads and it contains the emotions shown by your fans on Pink''un - in a years time, it could be you looking at yesterday as a great day...

I''m actually pleased we are going down cos i''m looking forward to watching Norwich City players next season, however...

There is one massive problem to all this, Delia isn''t going to give the club away and she won''t sell it without getting her money back (the loans) and something for the shares. Unfortunately who wants to buy debt and shares in a club who won''t be earning naff all squared next season. I don''t see any ownership change unless we go into administration, which is unlikely as Delia can''t afford to lose her investment in administration.

Nothing is going to happen as someone like Cullum won''t pay the price Delia is asking as it''s not his fault the club is 20mil in debt and Delia can''t afford to ignore the 20mil.

Stalemate for new investment.

I have to admit that given the choice of surviving and struggling again next year or (hopefully) competing in L1, I would take the chance to rebuild in L1 - and have thought this for some time. Only now it has happened I am really beginning to worry about the possibility of going into administration. I know the board keep saying that will not happen - but do we believe them?

[quote user="Downloads"]

I''m actually pleased we are going down cos i''m looking forward to watching Norwich City players next season, however...

There is one massive problem to all this, Delia isn''t going to give the club away and she won''t sell it without getting her money back (the loans) and something for the shares. Unfortunately who wants to buy debt and shares in a club who won''t be earning naff all squared next season. I don''t see any ownership change unless we go into administration, which is unlikely as Delia can''t afford to lose her investment in administration.

Nothing is going to happen as someone like Cullum won''t pay the price Delia is asking as it''s not his fault the club is 20mil in debt and Delia can''t afford to ignore the 20mil.

Stalemate for new investment.

[/quote]

Agree with all that Downloads. The only positive from relegation is regime change but it is increasingly clear from comments yesterday and today that the required change is not going to happen. The usual fob-off difficult questions and let it all die down will happen followed by two months of inactivity.

The only way a change of ownership will happen is via administration. So the real question is "will administration be positive for the club?" and that is much more difficult to answer. It is a terrible thing but I think that, as the only means to get rid of the current owners (and their objectionable CEO), administration would be good for the club. Note to local businesses - work on a strict cash-on-delivery basis with NCFC plc.

If we dont have any cash, puttin us alongside every team in league one, I am thinking "where are the points going to come from?"This is a mess, and on Wednesday we will be told Gunn has the job.  If Doomcaster gets the chop and is replaced by someone with some balls, charisma and an ounce of footballing knowledge, then that might ease the pain a bit.[quote user="Bucks Canary"]I have to admit that given the choice of surviving and struggling again next year or (hopefully) competing in L1, I would take the chance to rebuild in L1 - and have thought this for some time. Only now it has happened I am really beginning to worry about the possibility of going into administration. I know the board keep saying that will not happen - but do we believe them?[/quote]

Your hopes really all hang on finding someone with money, and presumably someone who will have a hands-off approach.I agree that if we are ever going to scale the heights again, even into the Championship, we shall need money, partly to pay off the massive debts and partly to get new players.Your hopes also hang on finding someone soon. A season in Division 1, even with players playing for lower wages is not going to produce enough revenue.I fully expect the Board to sell before July any player who could command a transfer fee, and although they could raise perhaps £2 million in all I think that much will go towards reducing the debts.We have debts which probably cost up to £1 million to service, and we face a massive loss of TV and other income, (plus discounts on S.Ts already bought?) The cupboard is bare, and I expect us to meet the new season with a very young side (no complaint at that) bolstered by one or two Bosmans and veteran players.I''m not giving up, merely being realistic.