Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Mark Robins next city Manager?

I''d like to see Robins there, but i fear Gunn will get the job. Yes man which is what this board wants.

It would be a good start. A step up to League One for Robins would obviously be less dangerous than that to the Championship. He''s been used to having no money to spend, so he should fit in perfectly [:D].

He was top of my list last time, but not sure he wants to leave Rotherham. Also, is it wise appointing an ex city player, even one who mercifully isn''t tarnished with an association with the present board?

I visit that site semi-regularly. The amount of complete tosh/untruths on there is incredible. I only go there for entertainment, not information- so I''d take anything on there with a fist of salt.

I have been banging on to my friends for several weeks now that Robins is the man for the job, he has done pretty spectacularly considering the mess he inherited and if it hadn''t have been for a 17 point deduction, Rotherham who finished 14th in League two would have finished 4th. I think he could inject some real optimism into the club and unlike the other usual suspects such as Boothroyd or Pardew doesn''t have the stink of failure following him. He''s also been away from City for over ten years and as result has no connection to the current board, unlike Boothroyd; another name thrown around recently, who is known to be a close friend of Delia''s.

As much as I and everyone else love Gunn we need a man with some experience, yet also someone who can bring in new ideas and optimism I think Robins fits the bill on both counts. Gunn just doesn''t have the necessary experience and some of his tactical decisions, such as starting Carney against Reading and playing Shackell at left back against Charlton strike me not so much as being the result of naivety but rather of incompetence