Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

OK You Lot Listen Up

We aint gonna get a new board it aint gonna happen (cant sack themselves)

We aint suddenly gonna get 10 new Norwich City contracted players it aint gonna happen (no money)

We may get a new manager but have an inkling that they did not get Crook Butterworth to give up their jobs just for a couple of months employment at Carrow Road (although dont believe it is Gunn''s fault and would agree to giving him a full season in charge)

So now the dust has settled and we realise where we are the only thing we can do is hope for the best and support the team.  Yes they severely let us all down on Sunday but at the end of the day this may be the best thing to happen to us as lets face it it has been on the cards since relegation from the Premiership.  Get relegated and build from new using the nucleus of the youngsters that we have as well as the experience of those players that remain from this season.  In all honesty that is all we can do however I do feel that with youngsters playing against the bruisers of League 1 it will take us three or four seasons to come back up.

[quote user="Bomber"]

We aint suddenly gonna get 10 new Norwich City contracted players it aint gonna happen (no money)

We may get a new manager but have an inkling that they did not get Crook Butterworth to give up their jobs just for a couple of months employment at Carrow Road (although dont believe it is Gunn''s fault and would agree to giving him a full season in charge)

So now the dust has settled and we realise where we are the only thing we can do is hope for the best and support the team.  Yes they severely let us all down on Sunday but at the end of the day this may be the best thing to happen to us as lets face it it has been on the cards since relegation from the Premiership.  Get relegated and build from new using the nucleus of the youngsters that we have as well as the experience of those players that remain from this season.  In all honesty that is all we can do however I do feel that with youngsters playing against the bruisers of League 1 it will take us three or four seasons to come back up.

[/quote]

We will have 10 new Norwich City contracted players. Its just 8 of them will probably be freebies. But nothing against them, if they do the job!

Yeah I agree RobFoyster - I am in the category where I dont think everything is lost - I have heard that players wont want to come to a League 1 team but at the end of the day we are not a Yeovil - we have a smashing grond and traing facilities and I bet there are a lot of players who would jump at the chance of coming here - It is now up to Deehan to do what he is paid for and snuff out those players - like you said if they are freebies then all well and good providing they play for the shirt although I still feel there is a massive amount of ''Costa Del Norwich'' still evident at this club  

[quote user="RobFoyster"][quote user="Bomber"]

[/quote]

We will have 10 new Norwich City contracted players. Its just 8 of them will probably be freebies. But nothing against them, if they do the job!

[/quote]

No one can say for definite that we won''t get a new board, it could well be that the price will be right for someone to buy Smith and Jones out. The club isn''t worth anywhere near the figures quoted before relegation and now we''re a third division club it may well be that Smith and Jones will take whatever they can get for it.

[quote user="Bomber"]

[/quote]Peterborough did it with a very young team and with players from lower leagues, we need a manager who can do what Darren Ferguson did, alas they are not easy to find.

[quote user="Bomber"]

[/quote]

Hello, Bomber, always good to hear from someone who has been around for a long time but doesn''t post much. I guess it means that you save it up for when you have something really interesting to say.

Though if you read the letter in today''s EDP from  NCFC Associate Directors Group, I think you''ll find there''s a group of very influential people that disagree with you, and do in fact seek the removal of Munby and Doncaster.

[quote user="Bomber"]

[/quote]

Oh yes we will, otherwise we will not be able to field a team. Unfortunately all those new players will be talentedless ''frees'' because as you rightly point out (no money)

[quote user="Bomber"]

[/quote]

If they were good at their job it would have been a great boost to their CV. Now, I think they''ll have some explaining to do to their respective wives.

[quote user="Bomber"]

So now the dust has settled and we realise where we are the only thing we can do is hope for the best and support the team. 

[/quote]

Really is that all we can do? Imagine if you got someone in to paint your front room and they made a botch job of it, would you say ''oh never mind'' and let them build you a kitchen extension? If you took your car into the dealers for a repair and the next time out it left you stranded by the motorway would you say ''all you can do is hope for the best'' (though we used to do that in the 70''s with British-built cars, is it acceptable today)? If you got back from the greengrocer and found under the top layer, he''d concealed a bag of rotten fruit, would you continue to give him your support and just grin and bear it?

Why accept complacency and non-performance and second-best? Sure any one of us can have a bad day at work; a player may be carrying an injury, he may be asked to play out of position, the manager maybe has little idea of tactics, but there comes a point in time when you say ok, no more excuses, this just is not good enough and I''m not going to put up with it any longer. In fact , if you do continue to accept shoddy workmanship, at the end of the day you condone it''s continuance.

[quote user="Bomber"]

Yes they severely let us all down on Sunday but at the end of the day this may be the best thing to happen to us as lets face it it has been on the cards since relegation from the Premiership.

[/quote]

Ask yourself the question ''Why has it been on the cards since relegation from the Premiership?'' Could it be that they haven''t just let us down on Sunday? Perhaps it goes back further than losing five out of the six most important games our club has faced in the past few years, perhaps the most important games ever. Perhaps one of the saddest things is that nobody is saying ''hey we really gave it our best shot, we''re not that good but everyone stepped up to the plate and in the end we went down gloriously fighting to the last man.'' That we could take. Truth is we just rolled over and died. Same as we did back at Fulham (see Lee Clark''s comments about that fateful day). Same we''ve done on so many occassions since then. Sure you are right as you imply that we fans have to stick together and fight together, my question is ''who is the enemy?''

[quote user="Bomber"]

Get relegated and build from new using the nucleus of the youngsters that we have as well as the experience of those players that remain from this season.  In all honesty that is all we can do however I do feel that with youngsters playing against the bruisers of League 1 it will take us three or four seasons to come back up.

[/quote]

Well I guess if I wanted to drive my car from Norwich to Glasgow, I could head to Dover and catch a ferry to Calais. Eventually I might end up at my destination but on the other hand I might have been holding my SatNav instructions manual upside down.

But yeah, keep on supporting mediocrity if you want to see mediocrity continuing and keep on doing the same old thing and hope for the best that someone, somewhere just might come along and wave a magic wand and make everything just right. Somehow I think it will  be a long wait.